318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 547 Views
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by Jclare318ti
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
0 Replies, 1,093 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 07-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
juanp22

Default Buying a NOS kit, should I go wet or dry? HELP

I have a 1995 318ti. I want to buy the dry kit, because it is cheaper and it is easier to install. I called Holley and they asked me if my car has fuel regulator, Does it have??. They told me if it does have automatic fuel regulator only then I could use dry.

Any ideas, thoughts suggestions please.
juanp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanp22
I have a 1995 318ti. I want to buy the dry kit, because it is cheaper and it is easier to install. I called Holley and they asked me if my car has fuel regulator, Does it have??. They told me if it does have automatic fuel regulator only then I could use dry.

Any ideas, thoughts suggestions please.
If you have to ask this question then installing NOS is probably a bad idea.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #3
stormos

stupid question, stupid answer

do some reading!!!
Mods: • Magnex Cat-Back Exhaust • Smoked Corner Lights + Repeators • M3 17" Wheels • De-Baffled Air Box • AC HandBrake Handle and Gear Knob • DEPO Euro Epsiloids + Predator Chronium Rings • Chrome Interior bits •IE Poly-Urethane RSFMs • Kenwood Power Series Audio • Powder Coated e36 325 Front Callipers • Sports Seats
stormos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:51 AM   #4
pdxmotorhead

Wet. Unless your planning on an engine swap.

Without the aux fuel delivery you have limited ability to
control the power delivery.

Also Nos on small motors done right cost way
more than a DASC.

Just .02 bucks worth.

Dave
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #5
GDB

Wet. It's a more controlled setup, will put less strain on your engine, and as a result you can use a bigger shot.
Member #1 Keep E46 Bumpers off E36s Club
http://www.geocities.com/guywiththebluecar/GDBsig2.bmp
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:23 AM   #6
ChItalian1027

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB
Wet. It's a more controlled setup, will put less strain on your engine, and as a result you can use a bigger shot.
so should go with wet cool!! how much hp will this give me?

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
ChItalian1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:45 PM   #7
andyman7931

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass95318ti
so should go with wet cool!! how much hp will this give me?
it's however much you set it up for.
andyman7931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #8
nusstroy

i think NOS is a stupid idea, its good for a sudden burst, not long lasting power. If your going to waste money, go for DASC, NOS---> is only for the quote on quote "fast and furious". Plus, im pretty sure its illegal in some states...
Old 07-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #9
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusstroy
i think NOS is a stupid idea, its good for a sudden burst, not long lasting power. If your going to waste money, go for DASC, NOS---> is only for the quote on quote "fast and furious". Plus, im pretty sure its illegal in some states...
In order:

Yes, nitrous bottles must be refilled, but it has the same general effect as a super/turbocharger but with a smaller initial investment. It really is one of the cheapest ways to go faster.

How is nitrous only for the "Fast and Furious" crowd? It's origins are in Nascar (I believe). And has been in use since most forum member's parents were hot rodding their cars.

Finally, I have never heard of nitrous being illegal in any state. I don't see how you could make a law against having a nitrous system installed on your car without making making all forms of forced induction illegal.

Know what you're talking about before you go spewing out "OMG NAAWWWZZZ IS FOR RICERS"
Member #1 Keep E46 Bumpers off E36s Club
http://www.geocities.com/guywiththebluecar/GDBsig2.bmp
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #10
nusstroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB
In order:

Yes, nitrous bottles must be refilled, but it has the same general effect as a super/turbocharger but with a smaller initial investment. It really is one of the cheapest ways to go faster.

How is nitrous only for the "Fast and Furious" crowd? It's origins are in Nascar (I believe). And has been in use since most forum member's parents were hot rodding their cars.

Finally, I have never heard of nitrous being illegal in any state. I don't see how you could make a law against having a nitrous system installed on your car without making making all forms of forced induction illegal.

Know what you're talking about before you go spewing out "OMG NAAWWWZZZ IS FOR RICERS"

im not gonna say that lol. If i had NOS, im pretty sure i wouldnt be complaining. Dont act like NOS didnt become the biggest thing to have in a car after the first FAF movie. Just as drifting is becoming popular now. Im not saying people hadnt used it in the past, or that Nascar themselves dont use it. If he wants go take his car and race nascar in it, adding nos, power to him.

Its just my opinion that NOS will cost u more over time, espec. for wet injection that our cars need, than just a turbo that will give u continuous power rather than short bursts.

About Nitrous being illegal in some states, i meant in cars, i am almost def. sure its illegal to have them in your car in MD. Of course its not illegal up front because NOS aka(laughing gas) is uses in doctors offices.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #11
pdxmotorhead

FYI NOS was first used in gas engines in WW2. It was a military secret between the US and Britain, Several of the fighter planes in the european theater had it. Including the P51. I can't imaginge the punch of hitting nos on a 2500 HP supercharged engine.... Probubly bounced your eyes off the back of your skull.

And yes NOS is illegal to have active in quite a few states. (I sell it on occasion...) Suposedly you have to disconnect the bottle when on the street. There are also some Fed DOT regulations that you can run into that will cost you a hefty fine if they want to be petty. For instance the bottles cannot be carried in the passsenger compartment legally. AND you are supposed to have the placard for the hazmat on the front and rear of the vehicle and both sides.

As for cheap,,, a good full power wet nitrous setup is over 1500 bucks. With all the really necessary mods to make it reliable add another 800. so your at 80% of the cost of a DASC and you only get to use it once in a while.

Dave
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #12
FATHER

3 years ago i have a civic dx with NOS system with 75hp and that think is adicted, when a blown my motor in a race i calculate the total of money that i use in one year to full the bottle.

In Puerto Rico "Edgardo Nitros System" fill your big bottle for $35-45 i fill mine twice in one week for about one year is about $4,600.00, with that you can put some force induction on your car and built a good setup that function more than one year and you have the power all time and "free".. that is my opinion

Mods: Some plastic parts, ///M Wheels and me
FATHER is offline   Reply With Quote