318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Site Feedback

Notices

Site Feedback Suggestions about the website.

» Recent Threads
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by two30grain
Today 06:42 PM
1 Replies, 1,508 Views
E30 trailing arms
Today 04:43 PM
Last post by packratbimmer
Today 04:43 PM
0 Replies, 39 Views
OMG!OMG!
Today 08:53 AM
Last post by Kathylaf
Today 08:53 AM
0 Replies, 194 Views
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 1,035 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #16
Severian

Adog2107, I've been a site participant for a long time. Mostly lurking and asking for help, once or twice I've contributed. I'll validate your emotional response by telling you that, in my opinion, DustenT is one of the most abrasive forum members. I think his responses are usually curt and often come off way too blunt. But he is knowledgable, helpful, willing to offer his expertise, and you came to his (and experts like him) territory. You came here seeking knowledge. Which is more important to you at this point? Pointing fingers and yelling at DustenT? Or finding answers. These guys have the answers, and whether you acknowledge it or not you are ASKING THEM for THEIR expertise because you don't know the answer. If they ask you to follow convention, you owe it to them. Their feedback is a privilage, not your right.
Severian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:15 PM   #17
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adog2107
I did talk to him...he told me he'd cancel all my posts and anyone that asked ?'s like me....

As far as i know DustenT is not a moderator,so that would be an impossible task.

Just another FYI,

Dusten is very knowledgeable person about the ti and cars in general and he has helped out many of us on here. There might be a time when you'll need some help/info and Dusten will probaly be the one to help. So if you have any problems with a member on here i'd keep it to a pm or contact 1996328ti who is the administrator of the site.

We are all a friendly bunch of people on here and do whatever we can to help out in most situations..
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #18
Bluebimma

You also have to remember, youre reading the words someone is saying, no emotions or emphasis on anything....make sure you have an open mind and dont get offensive quickly. Everyone wants to help one another or recieve help from everyone else, thats what the forum is all about.

1998 Schwartz II sport 318ti - M50TUB25/5
Bluebimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #19
cali-ti
aka Stabby

i think everyone needs to drink more, things are more easy going then.

seriously, if you did ANY research on the downing atlanta supercharger, you would have known they used an eaton blower. the DASC has been covered in SOOOOOOOOOO many threads, it's almost sickening. those of us who've been here a long time tend to get sick of seeing the same questions over and over and over and over again, sometimes we get a little curt because of it. maybe Dusten hadn't had his morning beer yet

chillax and everything will be ok
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:48 PM   #20
davep-uk

just saying my piece...

ive been hanging around here for ages and i have found this site and the people on it to be nothing but extremely helpful. i have suffered the occaisional jibes and sidways comments but that is all part of being part of a large faceless community (usually due to me making a non-educated guess or stupid comment)

Dusten has helped me on numerous occaisions and i feel that he is probably one of the more valued members of the forum. and if i had a particular querie, he would be one of the first i would ask.

take it easy and relax, there is no-one here who sets out deliberately to give people a hard time.

Dave.

'96 318ti in Montreal Blue :m-tec sideskirts,m-bootspoiler,clear corners & repeaters .m-tech side mouldings, Magnex Exhaust System, leather armrest, F-15 gear Knob, 18" Evo 2's. Not Finished Yet......

http://www.myspace.com/davep_uk
davep-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #21
L84THSKY

The only thing more sickening than questions about the DASC, is all the people claiming to be getting one in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti
the DASC has been covered in SOOOOOOOOOO many threads, it's almost sickening.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #22
Kraln

Any other forum, you'd be banned already. Asking obvious questions without searching, abrasive, unintelligent replies, multiple off-topic posts.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:50 PM   #23
aparatchik

Ummm... Not that I've been here for all that long, but I've been around digital communities for a good 10-15 years. This one is definitely solid, supportive, and (in general) very positive. In fact, it's something I sought out when I started looking for a new car to play with... a healthy community with a solid base of knowledge to pull from.

If you want to know the truth, the harsh, high noon sun & bleached bones truth, then yes, EVERY forum or BBS is a dictatorship. Someone actually went through the trouble and expense to get this thing off the ground. Someone runs this show. That individual (I don't even know who it is...) at some point decided to call on some trusted members/friends for help. Sure ain't democracy, but it's damn effective in running a tight forum.

BTW, that F/I FAQ is a good thing Dusten... read it this morning.
aparatchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #24
aceyx

The fact that you can post this thread pretty much refutes any claim of a dictatorship.

I'm looking back through your posts and see that people have provided quite a bit of help already. What is your gripe with this particular issue?

Dusten: thanks for putting the time in on that FAQ. Much appreciated.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:52 PM   #25
bullmand

Interestingly no one has pointed out what is probably the best reason for searching for answers before you ask a question:
To keep the information simple to find and make the forum more useful. We're all probably guilty of just asking a quick question, but if everyone tried a little harder to find answers that may already exist the forum would be a much more useful tool. It would be so much easier if there was one thread about DASC (thanks to whoever put up the Forced Induction thread) instead of approximately 1 bazillion. A perfect example is that this topic exists in multiple threads now. What does that accomplish? These are my opinions. Please feel free to disagree.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:17 PM   #26
robcarync

i agree that dustent is an extremely blunt person and can come across kind of mean sometimes...but he tells it how it is and he knows whats up and he has helped me a few times...id say he is one of the most knowledgeable people here
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:45 PM   #27
dodj

starting a new thread is kinda lame, i'm not ganging up on you but just relax....

I ask lots of questions that are probably repetitive and dumb i do try and search though but sometimes after searching i need clarification or comfirmation on what i find.

i wish i had the knowledge and time to work on my car but i really don't have either, but i wish i did because nothing is more true than if you want something done right do it yourself.
dodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #28
adempster1

My two cents,, if there was no 318ti.org with it’s many knowledgeable Supporters I would had spent lots of $$$$ on fixing my TI. Thanks to all with the knowledge at 318ti.org. When one searches for an answer to anything in life, one becomes wiser in the process. As one matures one grows thick skin. My Two cents……………….
adempster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #29
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Rob said it best, I'm a straight shooter and I tell it like it is. I'm sorry if I come across abrasive sometimes, that just how it is, don't take it personally.

Damn this is too much damn drama for a car forum!

It comes down to this: If the forum isn't easy to search, people aren't going to use the search function. I'm the first to admit that the site could use a little more organization, I think I can help with that.

I'm going to work with the other mods to try to get some more FAQ threads started.

Let's end this discussion and get back to talking about important topics!

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:03 AM   #30
96cali

Please do a search next time on dictatorship before you post- this has been covered many times!!!! Sheesh!!

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote