318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by two30grain
Today 06:42 PM
1 Replies, 1,521 Views
E30 trailing arms
Today 04:43 PM
Last post by packratbimmer
Today 04:43 PM
0 Replies, 45 Views
OMG!OMG!
Today 08:53 AM
Last post by Kathylaf
Today 08:53 AM
0 Replies, 200 Views
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 1,036 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-12-2006, 11:54 PM   #16
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

I bought mine from H3_2.1-ti, you can see them in my gallery.

Click Me

http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showpho...500&ppuser=912
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:03 AM   #17
H3_2.1-ti

They are a simple clean, treat and stick application. They fit over the door pillars that came from the factory with a vinyl tape that eventually peel off. They are 2mm thick including the adhesive backing. It is an extremely easy do-it-yourself installation.

Cheers,

Engine: 2.1L Hartge conversion (bored to 86X91mm, ported & polished head, new valves, new crank, & upgraded ECU), Supersprint SS headers, Hartge exhaust, custom cat bypass (track), KV85 wires, Bosch platinum plugs, Vitesse cf spark plug cover, Vitesse cf CAI, Samco hoses, Fiamm air horns. Drivetrain: custom ssk, Vitesse adj. clutch stop, Redline D4 ATF & 75W90. Chassis: 18x8.5 Hartge Classics on 225/40/ZR18 Direzza DZ101s, 17x8 Hartge 7 spokes on 235/40/17 Direzza Z1 *specs and 17x9 Enkei MT1-R on 235/40/17 Direzza Z1 *specs(track), Vitesse 10mm spacers with cf/billet hub extenders, Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, Hartge sway bars & strut brace, urethane offset LCABs, Vitesse rsb, billet/urethane RSMs, X-brace, ATE BBK, ATE slotted rr. rotors, Goodridge ss. lines, ATE Superblue. Exterior: Violettschwarz, Hartge lip spoiler, window spoiler, hatch spoiler & mirrors, Vitesse cf door pillars, Vitesse cf fog light blanks (track), ZKW ellipsoids, HIDs in headlights, highbeams and foglights, and much more... Performance BMW Magazine feature car March 2003 www.vitessetuning.com
H3_2.1-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:52 AM   #18
robcarync

i think he was just concerned that sitcking them on top of the current pillar would make the cf pillars stick out more than the rest of the car...
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:48 AM   #19
fourbysix

exactly, if not, i've got my visa in hand hah. these are cool..would I need to sand the existing paint off at all?
fourbysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:57 AM   #20
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grm
The material is coming off my pliers on my 95 318ti (post in front of door and back of windshield) I have been thinking about replacing the material with carbon fiber, has anyone seen this done? Can you buy them already made or do you think they can be made with not much problems. Any advise would be appreciated.
Ok, the ORIGINAL question was about the A-pillar, not the B-pillar. I don't know how this turned into a sales pitch....

You could cover the plastic/cloth A-pillar cover with carbon fiber, but I think it'll look bad. Carbon fiber is extremely easy to make on a flat surface, but contours are a bit tricky. Whenever I fab carbon pieces I use extra resin, then sand it down to bare fabric, then clear coat it with DuPont ChromaClear.

It would probably be best to just get a replacement part, or recover it will new fabric.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:18 AM   #21
jetblackbimmer

What about replacing them with a hard plastic. Same texture as the door. Know of any replacement like that? Would it be hard for someone to make? I don't like the look of the cloth. I don't think that carbon fiber would look right though.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:34 AM   #22
H3_2.1-ti

Fourbysix,

No they do not stick out from the rest of the car.

DustenT,

It's not a sales pitch. Other members recommended my product; and no they are not on my payroll.
They are satisfied clients that mentioned a solution which I offer.

Cheers,

Engine: 2.1L Hartge conversion (bored to 86X91mm, ported & polished head, new valves, new crank, & upgraded ECU), Supersprint SS headers, Hartge exhaust, custom cat bypass (track), KV85 wires, Bosch platinum plugs, Vitesse cf spark plug cover, Vitesse cf CAI, Samco hoses, Fiamm air horns. Drivetrain: custom ssk, Vitesse adj. clutch stop, Redline D4 ATF & 75W90. Chassis: 18x8.5 Hartge Classics on 225/40/ZR18 Direzza DZ101s, 17x8 Hartge 7 spokes on 235/40/17 Direzza Z1 *specs and 17x9 Enkei MT1-R on 235/40/17 Direzza Z1 *specs(track), Vitesse 10mm spacers with cf/billet hub extenders, Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, Hartge sway bars & strut brace, urethane offset LCABs, Vitesse rsb, billet/urethane RSMs, X-brace, ATE BBK, ATE slotted rr. rotors, Goodridge ss. lines, ATE Superblue. Exterior: Violettschwarz, Hartge lip spoiler, window spoiler, hatch spoiler & mirrors, Vitesse cf door pillars, Vitesse cf fog light blanks (track), ZKW ellipsoids, HIDs in headlights, highbeams and foglights, and much more... Performance BMW Magazine feature car March 2003 www.vitessetuning.com
H3_2.1-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:42 AM   #23
dodj

i would be interested in a replacement.
i have had mine reclothed black same time i got my roof lining done, but the guy broke the clips on one of the a pillars. the trim actually stays in place without the clips, but will some times drop slightly.

if there is a replacement available that wasn't cloth id be intereseted, if not i guess i'll either repair it on my own or by a replacement part second hand.

i thought for sure there would be some aftermarket replacement, but i can't seem to find any either.
dodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:54 AM   #24
grm

i just received a bently manual and it gives a little information how to remove the A pillar it looks like you have to be carefull trying to remove them or you can break the clips.
grm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:15 AM   #25
jetblackbimmer

FYI:

realOEM.com says that it is ti specific.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:23 AM   #26
dodj

i guess that makes sense if the ti has a different dash. as the dash is actually the main bit that holds it in place, like i said it stay in place without the clips just at the very top sometimes it will drop maybe a centremetre, in fact i can see only one clip that the very top that is really needed.. the door seal holds it in place as well.

mine does wedge in a bit tighter maybe since the cloth he used was a bit thicker. i've removed the trim piece with teh broken clips lots of times, the only way i could see you removing it is to pull the door seal away from the pillar, then carefully pull from the top and pop one clip at a time.

he actually got it off ok, but broke the clips getting them back in, i think they get brittle with age anyway so thers no guarentee you will get it off and back on without breaking the clips.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:35 PM   #27
grm

that is how the manual says to do it, i seen a windshield repairman use silicone to hold things in place that had broken clips, if you don't want to buy one you might try the silicone. silicone, expoy and velcrow has changed the world on how we fix things. not to say cloth hangers haven't eather.
grm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:05 PM   #28
madfronter

The cloth on my A pillars is coming off as well and I've been contemplating taking them out, removing the cloth, sanding them down and then spray painting them black. I dont really like the cloth look and I think black would be less distracting to my preiferal vision. Not that they are all that distracting being tan. I think this would be the cheapest solution if it will work and look good.
madfronter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #29
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

I've reglued mine down last spring and it starting peeling agin last year. I spent about $10 on the spray and it held up for a couple months then started to peel again. I gave up on it,i just tuck it in with a cc and it looks good for awhile.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:10 AM   #30
dodj

Thanks grm, i was actually thinking about using velcro to hold it in place. but silicone might be a better option thanks.