318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 740 Views
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by Jclare318ti
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
0 Replies, 1,306 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
zboot

Default A$$h@le Ebay Seller

[RANT]

My sister's laptop crashed sometime last week. Being the tech geek in the family, once my dad was unable to fix it, it fell to me to find a solution. My sis was on spring break and returned to school earlier this week, so its pretty critical that she have her laptop back in working condition soon.

Getting it fixed by dell or best buy would be somewhere on the order of $600 - which is way more than buying a laptop to replace hers! So, I told them to ship it to me - i'd pretty much figured out it needed either a new motherboard or new processor, and I'll take care of it.

I ordered a motherboard from an ebay seller - everything worked perfectly w/ that - got him to send it priority for $10 more and got the motherboard and laptop yesterday. After disassembling it and replacing the motherboard, it turned out that both the original motherboard and CPU had gone bad, not just one as I'd originally thought (and hoped). So, I decided the next best thing to do would be to just get another functional laptop from ebay, swap out my sister's hard drive, wifi card, RAM, etc, make sure it works, then send it to her.

then later, I would deal with selling the extra stuff I had in my apt and get the rest of my money back. So, I found a good candidate laptop, told the seller my situation, and he agreed to ship it via next day. Well, the auction was for buy it now and required immediate payment. If you delayed payment, someone else could still win the auction. Since there was only an hour left, I decided to pay immediately, and then pay the seller and additional amount for whatever extra he'd charge for next day. But the asshole as soon as he got my money decided that all he wanted was the original amount and does not respond to any of my MANY emails and queries until a few minutes ago where he has the gall to be PISSED AT ME for wanting to know WTF (Not that I put it like that) was going on.

Now, the bastard claims to have shipped it via Fedex ground (which since he's is nashville could get to me on monday and still let me get the laptop to my sister by tuesday or wednesday at the latest) but he refuses to tell me what the f*cking tracking number is.

As soon as I get this laptop, he's getting negative feedback and as much of my wrath as can be contained within the limitation of the first feedback comment. I hope he responds to it, because then I can respond back with an even longer diatribe.

[/RANT]
zboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

I could have told you that everyone in Nashville is an ass. ;-)

Seriously though... it's a bit of a long shot, but I know a bunch of tech geeks here. PM me his/her name, maybe I know them.

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:13 AM   #3
BobbyDigital

yeah, but be careful with negative feedback, he can leave you the same too, I mean, I know its on principle, and I hear you man, but just dont leave him any...its better in the long run.

Assuming you get it...
BobbyDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:23 AM   #4
Mad-Machine

yea, not worth the possibility of getting negative in return.. unless you can time it out EXACTLY right and delay long enough until the feedback option is closed right after you leave it
Mad-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:58 PM   #5
zboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Machine View Post
yea, not worth the possibility of getting negative in return.. unless you can time it out EXACTLY right and delay long enough until the feedback option is closed right after you leave it
Yeah, I'm going to wait before leaving feedback - though if he leaves me neg, then i'll just have to respond w/ all the info.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #6
96cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDigital View Post
yeah, but be careful with negative feedback, he can leave you the same too, I mean, I know its on principle, and I hear you man, but just dont leave him any...its better in the long run.

Assuming you get it...
Depends on how much you already have and how many transactions total. I would not hesitate to leave neg feedback if they deserve it. A lot of deals go bad, no shame to you.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #7
zboot

I've already escalated a dispute to claim status with paypal. He finally provided a tracking no late sunday evening. Came up on Fedex this morning but still shows as not been picked up. The weight listed is 3lbs which is like half what the laptop weighs, so I'm still not convinced. Also, Fedex shows that it is being shipped from Delaware which does not match the seller's location of Nashville TN. Paypal will officially investigate further tomorrow - they allow 2 days for me to decide if the info provided satisfies me, but I'm not going to be satisfied until I have the thing in my hands and maybe not even then. . .
Old 03-27-2007, 05:35 AM   #8
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Hey... got this info late last night, but I've been working all day and just got home. Apparently there's a Deleware connection.

JMJ

============================

From doing some rather rude digging around, I don't think this guy is in Nashville. It looks like he lives in Newport, Delaware.

See also: http://www.roomyou.com/offices-13156...available.html

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:17 AM   #9
German Luger

Dang ZBoot I hope it all work's out man that's some bull ish
Old 03-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #10
J!m

Vehicles

Post up this @$$-clown's eBay user ID so we can all block him from buying or selling to /from us.

I hear you, and have had similar problems. Post the bastards ID!

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #11
zboot

seller is compvarietysales

- it gets stranger, yesterday morning, Fedex showed the shipping info as coming from DE. However, in the evening, even though it still shows the package as being shipped from DE, it says picked up in PA. I'm not sure if that meant it made it to a Fedex facility in PA before entering their system, or the guy was selling the laptop for a friend.

Fedex estimates that it will arrive on thursday. When I called monday, they told me if I could get the guy (compvarietysales) to change the shipment service, since they hadn't picked it up, they could still switch it to next day. But of course, he's ignoring me now.

- I was looking over my feedback yesterday afternoon - I noticed that with one exception, everyone I've left negative feedback for is no longer an ebay member. I do remember there was one seller w/ similar rating as compvarietysales (ie large volume so huge amounts of positive and two digit negative feedback) whose account was suspended before I could leave the neg, so that doesn't show.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #12
zboot

Got the laptop - thankfully it was in the refurb condition as expected. Was able to fix my sister's laptop and ship out to her. Cancelled claim w/ paypal and left neg feedback. I'm glad this is over.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:07 PM   #13
zboot

So, he counters with neg feedback, and I of course use the follow up feature to post more information. Now, he wants to mutually remove the feedback that we left for this. Haha - he really thinks that his neg feedback will hurt me. .