318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > California > SoCal

Notices

SoCal For the discussion of social events in Southern California only.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,008,633 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 02-06-2008, 02:50 AM   #1
HuGo

Default Feeler: Downing Atlanta Supercharger w/ Software

I'm going to be selling my setup pretty soon. I was wondering who's interested in the DASC with software. I will provide the following....

DASC ($3350 new)
Technique Tuning Stg 3 Software "ECU" ($1000 cost of tuning)
10psi pulley ($100 new)
Stock pulley (7.5lbs)
Full M44 engine (130k miles give or take)
getrag tranny (115k miles)
Rising Fuel Pressure Regulator (not installed)
DASC Install Manual

Of coarse i would like to get rid of all of this all together. The charger itself has no more than 16k miles on it. The software comes with bigger injectors and the 3.0 MAF/intake setup instead of the standard 2.5 MAF setup. With the stage 3 software it eliminates the use of the fuel pressure regulator but ill include it since i wont need it. You dont have to use the same motor if you dont want to but i would like to just sell it all together. It'll be sold with everything to make a engine properly work and turn on.

Reason for selling is...I want to do an S52 swap. So since i want the S52 swap plus the ZF tranny, i wont have any use of anything that'll ill end up having.

So for all this, what would be your offer? Please post or send me a PM. Again, this will be sold as soon as i do my swap. Could be a month or 6 months. It'll be up for sale once this gets pulled out. I guess im giving you the chance to call your dibs or to start saving your money for when i do sell it. Remember, the charger is pretty much new, and it comes with the highest tuning possible and the pulley. You wont have to do anything no more cuz i already did it

Thanks for looking. Remember...post or pm me if your interested!

Your chance to use your tax return in something fun

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:57 AM   #2
thesk8nmidget

hmmm very interesting! wouldnt mind it but i wana also save for the swap.

if it was mine i think i would ask around 3 give or take some.

there is a guy that just got a ti with a blown motor it would be worth sending him a pm.
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:01 AM   #3
the governor

If your selling everything together the buyer wouldnt need the RRFPR. I'd take it off your hands. I'd like to take your software, maf, and injectors but Uncle Sam isnt giving me a dime this year, just a bigger bill.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:03 AM   #4
HuGo

Meh...im just trying to sell everything you know what i mean. I wont have a use for any of this stuff. I dont want anything atlanta in my california home. LoL jk. No but seriously, worse comes to worse, ill sell the kit with software only and find something else to do with the engine and tranny. But id figure, you may as well have a replacement engine at hand.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
weezer

Default interested in the DASC

If you're selling only the charger.....down the line......let me know

1997 318ti, Hellrot (Bright Red), Dinan Stage 2 Chip
16x7 OEM sport Wheels/X-Brace/Custom Strut Brace/Cold Air Intake/M-Tec Steering Wheel/Koni Adjustable FrontShocks/ Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks /H&R Sport Springs/Custom fabricated strut tower brace/Rear Strut brace, Stromung Exhaust
Future Mods: E46 17" wheels or Kosei K-1 17x8.5s
weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

You can keep the Getrag tranny if you aren't going to FI the s52. J!m is still using the Getrag.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #7
96cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
You can keep the Getrag tranny if you aren't going to FI the s52. J!m is still using the Getrag.
really? I thought he did a complete M swap (M3 up front, M roady in back). I could be wrong of course.

That said Brett Anderson at Koalamotorsports also did the first OBDII S52 swap and kept the Getrag. Said it was still humming nicely years later.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezer View Post
If you're selling only the charger.....down the line......let me know
I might have to do that. Ill post up.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 02-06-2008, 11:55 PM   #9
HuGo

Quote:
if you aren't going to FI the s52.
That's the plan. Not right now but FI is in my plan or all motor. If i find a wrecked m3, ill have the tranny there.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 02-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #10
thesk8nmidget

i would search for a full car too hugo! that way you can also take out some goodies from it. maybe swap the dash too if you get a sedan.

and then any parts you dont use sell them!
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #11
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
i would search for a full car too hugo! that way you can also take out some goodies from it. maybe swap the dash too if you get a sedan.
don't forget the front bumper and mirrors
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:13 AM   #12
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post

and then any parts you dont use sell them!
If i can get a not so trashed M3 that's the plan. I did the math...if everything goes as plan, either i would pay a grand at most or it would have came out to be free doing this swap. Im so anxious to find an m3 now. After that...ill start saving up to turbo it.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 02-07-2008, 12:58 AM   #13
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
If i can get a not so trashed M3 that's the plan. I did the math...if everything goes as plan, either i would pay a grand at most or it would have came out to be free doing this swap. Im so anxious to find an m3 now. After that...ill start saving up to turbo it.
I'm sure you know this already, but it's worth posting for others to be aware of.

The s52 steps you up into a whole new level of modification costs. I'm looking at FI'ing my m3 and I'm looking at about a $10k price tag. That will get ~450hp. For that price you really need to look at what you are getting for that price. Used Z06? Used e46 m3?

The unfortunate thing is that there are only like 4 people in the US that do BMW DME tuning, so having a OBD2 BMW and trying to tune it is like pulling teeth. There are a couple of nice kits out there that provide tuning, but you are pretty much stuck at that point, everyone wanting to run a GT35R turbo or bigger needs to run full standalone. Keep that in mind when deciding what to do, standalone adds $3k-$4k to that $10k price. Hope you got a good job! I do, and I can't afford this.

'99 Dinan M3
Old 02-07-2008, 01:39 AM   #14
HuGo

Quote:
I'm sure you know this already, but it's worth posting for others to be aware of.

The s52 steps you up into a whole new level of modification costs. I'm looking at FI'ing my m3 and I'm looking at about a $10k price tag. That will get ~450hp. For that price you really need to look at what you are getting for that price. Used Z06? Used e46 m3?

The unfortunate thing is that there are only like 4 people in the US that do BMW DME tuning, so having a OBD2 BMW and trying to tune it is like pulling teeth. There are a couple of nice kits out there that provide tuning, but you are pretty much stuck at that point, everyone wanting to run a GT35R turbo or bigger needs to run full standalone. Keep that in mind when deciding what to do, standalone adds $3k-$4k to that $10k price. Hope you got a good job! I do, and I can't afford this.
You know what, to be honest, i dont know if i want to spend 7k on a turbo. LoL. Are you still going to buy that T.T. GB turbo kit for 6k? I saw some supercharger kits go for $4500? That's not to bad. I might just go all motor with basic bolt ons with the S52 and ill be happy. Like manifold, ltw pulleys, 3.5 intake, injectors, tuning. That should get me where? 280rwhp hopefully? Aslong as i can pull on evo's, v8s, sti's, Z's some porsche's and ill be good

I would still want an e30 M3, and also hopefully get another e46 one day.

The reason why im considering this is cuz im getting my tax return. I can get a decent amount of money back from my setup. And i might get $2,000-3,000 bonus in my job. It'll be cheap and possibly free. So why not?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 02-07-2008, 02:18 AM   #15
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
You know what, to be honest, i dont know if i want to spend 7k on a turbo. LoL. Are you still going to buy that T.T. GB turbo kit for 6k? I saw some supercharger kits go for $4500? That's not to bad. I might just go all motor with basic bolt ons with the S52 and ill be happy. Like manifold, ltw pulleys, 3.5 intake, injectors, tuning. That should get me where? 280rwhp hopefully? Aslong as i can pull on evo's, v8s, sti's, Z's some porsche's and ill be good
If you go all motor, you won't be making 280rwhp. Take a look at what I have:
  • '99 s52
  • 90k miles
  • Dinan Stage 4 software
  • Dinan Big Bore Throttle Body
  • Dinan Fuel Pressure Regulator
  • Dinan 3.5" MAF
  • Dinan 3.5" Carbon Fiber CAI
  • m50 manifold swap
  • Dinan free flow exhaust

This is what I dyno'd at (corrected):

That list of mods would run you at LEAST a couple grand. Remember that the s52 is rated at 240hp at the crank, more like 200hp at the wheels. I doubt that I can run Evos, STIs and Zs, then again, I'm not a street racer so who knows. It is hella fun to drive, and scares the crap out of me as it is.

Quote:

The reason why im considering this is cuz im getting my tax return. I can get a decent amount of money back from my setup. And i might get $2,000-3,000 bonus in my job. It'll be cheap and possibly free. So why not?
How is it free? If you put that money into a high yield savings account you'd be making a dollar a day on interest. That adds up, and before you know it your making money doing nothing, just be sitting on cash. I suggest enjoying what you have, even though it's easy to lust after things we don't have. Your DASC setup is rock solid and you just dumped a ton of $ into it for the software. Unfortunately a boosted m3 will NEVER be as reliable as a DASC'd 318ti.

'99 Dinan M3