318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
Handsome gays boys from...
Today 12:47 AM
Last post by ceoshank88
Today 12:47 AM
0 Replies, 33 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
05-09-2024 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,311,111 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-11-2006, 07:13 PM   #46
davep-uk

you guys make me laugh!

where is the love?

we should be offering as much guidance as possible to this poor lost soul. perhaps he should be adopted as a kind of "forum trainee"

'96 318ti in Montreal Blue :m-tec sideskirts,m-bootspoiler,clear corners & repeaters .m-tech side mouldings, Magnex Exhaust System, leather armrest, F-15 gear Knob, 18" Evo 2's. Not Finished Yet......

http://www.myspace.com/davep_uk
davep-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #47
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep-uk
we should be offering as much guidance as possible to this poor lost soul. perhaps he should be adopted as a kind of "forum trainee"
That's we we're doing!!

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #48
davep-uk

good! glad to see theres some team spirit here!

'96 318ti in Montreal Blue :m-tec sideskirts,m-bootspoiler,clear corners & repeaters .m-tech side mouldings, Magnex Exhaust System, leather armrest, F-15 gear Knob, 18" Evo 2's. Not Finished Yet......

http://www.myspace.com/davep_uk
davep-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:13 PM   #49
bimmex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny116
boll#x, if you want a good sysetem you buy the expensive - becuase with audio the price actually does reflect the quality!! Id be buying the best individual speak you can afford. Build the system up or nothing is going to complement each other and will be a mass of sound with no quality!! starting with components the most important! Are you going for pure sound quality or massive SPL???

Iv got Focal components in the front and the cost me Ł160 by themselves! ($300??) and most decent one are a ton more expensive than that. I bought them becuase they are the best compenets i can get for the amps im running i.e. there was no point in spending anymore becuase id get no more quality out them

Do you know what gauge wires you want? coz for that price your probably getting sh#t 22gauge wires so your not going to get any sound quality.

You should read up on everything before you commit to buying it!? or could end up as a right waste.
so what gage of wire do u recomend?
bimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #50
jonny116

check your output rating first and get what matches, generally tells you on the back of the packets unless you buying from a reel. if your using 600+ amps get some thick mammoth sized stuff just to let all that power flow easier.

I have just switched to a 4 gauge 12V to run the amps- on adivse that it is worth the hassle!! Always get the thick stuff for your sub and keep the wire as short as possible.

Lesson i learnt is dont skimp on your wires and setup so everything runs at its peak with no intereference/resistance and will do no damage to anything + sounds a ton cleaner and punchier.
jonny116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #51
halek

Cableing really is important to sound quality. I use 4swg to the dissy block & 8swg from there to me amps. Quality sheilded RCA interconnects are worth the extra money & speaker cables your better off buying from your local hi-fi store (cheaper than car specific & basically the same product) just buy the thick ones. Cable routing is crucial, you HAVE to keep your interconnects & speaker wires away from those pwr supply cables & as much as possible,the cars loom or they will pick up noise.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:44 PM   #52
stormos

i had some crazy amount of cabling ran through my car. autoleads stuff. Think i spent around 150 on the cabling for the amp, hu, components and 6x9's. Sound quality is very nice though. refined.
Mods: • Magnex Cat-Back Exhaust • Smoked Corner Lights + Repeators • M3 17" Wheels • De-Baffled Air Box • AC HandBrake Handle and Gear Knob • DEPO Euro Epsiloids + Predator Chronium Rings • Chrome Interior bits •IE Poly-Urethane RSFMs • Kenwood Power Series Audio • Powder Coated e36 325 Front Callipers • Sports Seats
stormos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #53
SDKmann

I was told by best buy that it would be a good idea to replace the speakers but then at a local customs company that it would be a bad idea to replace the ti's speakers because of the irregular speaker sizes. Who is right? Is there a company that makes speakers for the ti?
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:03 PM   #54
halek

The stock speakers are crap. Take them out & throw them in the bin.

Standard fount speakers in the kicks are 5.25" but you can fit 6.5" in there with a bit of cutting. Get a nice set of components for the frount & you'll love them.

Rears are 4" stock. You can either get some 4" repalcements (I put some k40 kickers in there) or mod the stock locations to fit 5.25s or fit 6x9s in the parcel shelf. IMHO rears are just for fill,some people dont even bother with rears. If you can spare the boot/trunk space then stck a sub with a dedicated amp in there.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:15 AM   #55
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by halek
The stock speakers are crap. Take them out & throw them in the bin.

. If you can spare the boot/trunk space then stck a sub with a dedicated amp in there.

Box 2 subs, 2 amps in the trunk.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:18 AM   #56
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

You get a chance to take some pics yet??
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:23 AM   #57
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
You get a chance to take some pics yet??
My cousin has been busy being with his girl, ive been busy going to work. Maybe i can work something tommorow, im off to work now and wont be back in the forums till 2am *cali time*

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:29 AM   #58
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI
My cousin has been busy being with his girl, ive been busy going to work. Maybe i can work something tommorow, im off to work now and wont be back in the forums till 2am *cali time*
What do you do? I used to work second shift when I was in college. Man, I loved that. 8-5 blows.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:43 AM   #59
aceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI
It is the sound i am looking for.
If you're happy with it, who are we to judge? It sounds like you got a good deal.

But isn't tinting illegal in Kali?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:55 AM   #60
stormos

8-5? sod that. i do 9-5 but ideally i want 7.30/8.00 - 4.00/4.30
Mods: • Magnex Cat-Back Exhaust • Smoked Corner Lights + Repeators • M3 17" Wheels • De-Baffled Air Box • AC HandBrake Handle and Gear Knob • DEPO Euro Epsiloids + Predator Chronium Rings • Chrome Interior bits •IE Poly-Urethane RSFMs • Kenwood Power Series Audio • Powder Coated e36 325 Front Callipers • Sports Seats
stormos is offline   Reply With Quote