318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Classifieds > For Sale > US and North America > Parting out & Parts (US)

Notices

Parting out & Parts (US) Cars being parted out and misc parts only!

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 98,692 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 61,545 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 58,926 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 11-12-2005, 09:42 PM   #1
96cali

Default Beware of Vigilantemotors aka Lukas Adkins

Hey guys, I wanted to give you a heads up on Vigilantemotors aka Lukas Adkins as he is now screwing some of you over for parts and money. Myself, Dusten, Tman and PettitWC have decided to make his history known to everyone. To make a long story short he really made things difficult for me and a few other bimmerforums members 3 years ago when he first started parting out this black clubsport. Yes, 3 years ago. He blew the motor and wanted to do an M swap so he sold parts, collected money but only shipped/refunded after things got UGLY. In the end he refunded $$ and shipped parts to me. Up till now I have lurked on his 318ti.org thread to see if he does ok. I let him know I was watching and seems a few people got parts alright so I did not intervene. Now I see he has not changed. I know this is potentially too late so also accept my apologies for not getting invloved sooner. Here is some of the story:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...archid=2405169

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ghlight=adkins

He seems to be a decent kid who just lies or over promises. Kind of messed up and immature. Again, I apologize for giving him a second chance. If it's any consolation, the last go around the stakes were higher- $500 for me, $800 for another and $1000's for his engine. To know the whole crazy story, click some of these links. In the end, he did OK by me and made full refund and shipped parts. He even later shipped some parts at his expense then I sent them back cuz I did not want them. Make up your own mind but you deserve to know.

BTW he also sells on ebay as mpowercompact and uses someone elses paypal account, so he told me.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmpowercompact

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If anyone wants to come to his defense please do. Maybe I'm seeing only one side...

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:24 PM   #2
L84THSKY

All I can say in his defense is that I went to his house about a month ago, and picked up his new M-tech rear bumper. The bumper is brand new, and I paid $275.00 for it.

I've already posted pics of the bumper previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96cali
Hey guys, I wanted to give you a heads up on Vigilantemotors aka Lukas Adkins as he is now screwing some of you over for parts and money. Myself, Dusten, Tman and PettitWC have decided to make his history known to everyone. To make a long story short he really made things difficult for me and a few other bimmerforums members 3 years ago when he first started parting out this black clubsport. Yes, 3 years ago. He blew the motor and wanted to do an M swap so he sold parts, collected money but only shipped/refunded after things got UGLY. In the end he refunded $$ and shipped parts to me. Up till now I have lurked on his 318ti.org thread to see if he does ok. I let him know I was watching and seems a few people got parts alright so I did not intervene. Now I see he has not changed. I know this is potentially too late so also accept my apologies for not getting invloved sooner. Here is some of the story:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...archid=2405169

He seems to be a decent kid who just lies or over promises. Kind of messed up and immature. Again, I apologize for giving him a second chance. If it's any consolation, the last go around the stakes were higher- $500 for me, $800 for another and $1000's for his engine. To know the whole crazy story, click some of these links. In the end, he did OK by me and made full refund and shipped parts. He even later shipped some parts at his expense then I sent them back cuz I did not want them. Make up your own mind but you deserve to know.

BTW he also sells on ebay as mpowercompact and uses someone elses paypal account, so he told me.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmpowercompact

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If anyone wants to come to his defense please do. Maybe I'm seeing only one side...

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:25 AM   #3
96cali

Yes L8, you were one of the positive outcomes I noted before notifying him on wednesday that he had 2 days to refund or ship. When he failed to follow thru with his promise to refund, the guys gave me the go ahead to spill the beans. I think they are opting to file grievances with paypal. His friend who supplied the paypal account should love that.

Who knows what goes through his mind...

Old 11-14-2005, 04:34 AM   #4
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

He refunded my money plus an additional $20 for the inconvience. I'm glad we were able to resolve this problem. Thank you.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:38 AM   #5
96cali

Good news! Let's hope there's more....

Luke- you lurking?

Old 11-14-2005, 08:06 PM   #6
Tman100z

Lucky you Dusten!! I havent heard SH!T, At least have the courtesy to email or something.

Luke, if your reading, refund please!!!! If not im forced to file grievance w/paypal
Tman100z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #7
PettitWC

I got my money back plus 10 bones. good luck with yours

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
PettitWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:06 PM   #8
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Ok Lukas, just one more and we'll leave you alone....

'99 Dinan M3
Old 11-16-2005, 08:56 AM   #9
Dredder

I had a godd experience with this guy. He pm me frequesntly for my concerns

S50 Swap, Euro 3.5" HFM (MAF), my custom Chip, Cosmo CAI, Custom Exhaust, 6 Cyl. Gauge cluster, 80C thermostat, E46 330 Front Brakes, Powder coated Calipers, Clear Corners, Black Grill, UUC SSK, M3 Front Strut, M3 Front Springs, Powder Coated Valve Cover, ZR3 Laser. and some
Dredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:38 PM   #10
Tman100z

It was shipped postal, so I don’t have the tracking #, I promise to have this resolved by Friday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: TNSanJuan@mar.med.navy.mil [mailto:TNSanJuan@mar.med.navy.mil]
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 2:12 PM
To: Lucas Adkins
Subject: RE: Whats up

Did you send it to the right address, maybe got mixed up with all your other orders?? Give me a tracking number and shipper so I can maybe start searching too??

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 2:06 PM
To: SanJuan, Terence N
Subject: RE: Whats up

I would gladly refund you, but it was shipped. I am trying to find out what happened to the shipment. If I don't have an answer for you by Friday, I will refund you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: TNSanJuan@mar.med.navy.mil [mailto:TNSanJuan@mar.med.navy.mil]
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 2:02 PM
To: Lucas Adkins
Cc: tman100z@yahoo.com
Subject: Whats up

Whats up with the hatch cover??? Just refund me if you cant get it to me and ill just leave it at that!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 04:17 PM   #11
96cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredder
Glad to hear you had a positive experience. What did you buy and was it shipped as promised? Like I said at first, it seemed like he was shipping some parts as promised but this is exactly what happened years ago too. My real fear was someone would buy $1000 of parts and be stuck.

If you look at his ebay sales he has mostly positive feedback for quite a bit of computer equipment he has sold in the last couple months too. The negative feedback is all "did not ship/shipped tool late/charged for next day but arrived 2 weeks later".

Old 11-16-2005, 06:41 PM   #12
L84THSKY

I'm glad I decided to just drive to him and get the M-tech rear bumper. Shipping that could have been a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredder

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 10:32 PM   #13
andrewsarg101

Yeah I sent him some money for the heater control unit and I haven't heard from him for a week. I sent him a pm but still no cigar.
andrewsarg101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:15 AM   #14
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsarg101
Yeah I sent him some money for the heater control unit and I haven't heard from him for a week. I sent him a pm but still no cigar.
Add one more to the list.

'99 Dinan M3
Old 11-20-2005, 04:01 AM   #15
Tman100z

Well its Saturday and still no reply!!!!!