318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > I'm thinking about buying a ti.

Notices

I'm thinking about buying a ti. Ask all your questions about the possible purchase of a ti. Keep in mind, we are biased.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 995,287 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-30-2006, 07:56 AM   #1
mprezme

Default West Coast, southerners!!! pls Read.

Im located in phoenix, az. Im in search of a TI, west coast style preferred. Reason is, i dont want 10years of salt damaged winters. Anyway, If your willing to help me, purchase one, in ur zip code, that would be awesome! I did a autotrader search for TiI's, and found 144 of them all over the USA. I found handful in tx, ca. So again i appreciate if u would do a search for TI in ur area code, and maybe can check out the car for me. I am currently looking at this one, very near me, i will check it out tomorrow, morning, and report to you all. Hes asking 5995$. I have read other post, and seen what others have paid for theirs, so, i will ask once again, what would be a good price for this one. Please use link provided.
http://arizonamuscle.com/96BMW318ti.html

Only real thing, i ask is no red cars. I can be content with it being automatic. Manual preferred tho. Thank you all soo much.

Im a subaru lover myself 99-01 impreza models mostly. before most even jumped on the WRX bandwagon. So i now have found a new love, im all about being different, and people asking me what is it...looks nice, never seen one before comments, and i think i have found it. No disappointments, all good, thats all the subey talk from me on here, thank you again.
mprezme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
cali-ti
aka Stabby

nice sport model ... too bad it's an auto how many miles? any other info?
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #3
mprezme

Default TI

138K miles. How much does the 'M Package' if i were to do it myself? Well as far for info is, thats the website to the car, so thats all for now. I will see it today in few hrs. Is there anything i should look for? I also did a google search for parts, they r not really that expensive.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:04 PM   #4
cali-ti
aka Stabby

sport adds a number of options ...

seats (probably $500 or more for the pair used)
m-tech suspension (springs/shocks/struts/sway bars - ~$400 used)
m-tech front/rear bumpers (~$300 used + paint)

these are more or less educated guesses on costs.

check as many of the bushings as you can for cracking/wear ... fluid condition (especially the power steering - comment on how black it is ), put the windows up/down a number of times (window regulators and such are an issue).
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

Old 04-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #5
mprezme

Default TI

says M package, everything u listed, is considered the M package? i thought it was just the cosmetic exterior? Skirts, bumpers. Does it look like it has the seats u had listed? Thanx.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:17 PM   #6
cali-ti
aka Stabby

i'm likely missing a few things too, i forget what all is included. yes, it does appear to have the sport seats. they're leather outside and fabric in the middle (both back and bottom). at a minimum the driver's side also has an extendable thigh support on the front of the seat (and from what i've read), also has a tilt adjustment of some sort underneath which the standard seats don't have. they're really nice seats (no, i don't have them ).

Old 04-30-2006, 05:18 PM   #7
snwbrdrbum10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti
sport adds a number of options ...

seats (probably $500 or more for the pair used)
m-tech suspension (springs/shocks/struts/sway bars - ~$400 used)
m-tech front/rear bumpers (~$300 used + paint)

these are more or less educated guesses on costs.

check as many of the bushings as you can for cracking/wear ... fluid condition (especially the power steering - comment on how black it is ), put the windows up/down a number of times (window regulators and such are an issue).
Also the Rims...16" i believe as opposed to 15", seats, suspension, and all the little "m badges" and the M bumpers.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:20 PM   #8
mprezme

Awesome! Thank you so much. What u think i should go in and offer....i got 5000cash sitting next to me...Does it look like its sitting on non-stock suspension?
Old 04-30-2006, 05:22 PM   #9
snwbrdrbum10

Looks stock to me. but 5000cash could be a good starting point but bargain. it seems like a good car, if all maintenance records and such are up to date and there is a clean carfax report
Old 04-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #10
mprezme

I think i can drive away in it, for 5000 out the door. I think depending how long they've had the car. and how much they put into it, will depend on how low they will go...Ill tease them tho 4500, right now, if the test drive goes good, and feels nice. Soo excited.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:27 PM   #11
snwbrdrbum10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprezme
I can i can i drive away in it, for 5000 out the door. I think depending how long they've had the car. and how much they put into it, will depend on how low they will go...Ill tease them tho 4500, right now, if the test drive goes good, and feels nice. Soo excited.
Good luck
Old 04-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #12
snwbrdrbum10

definetly check the windows too, the regulators on the e36 have been known to be pieces of junk. and expensive to repair. have had mine for a year and it just broke
Old 04-30-2006, 05:34 PM   #13
mprezme

How much do those regulators run? Link to the part? Or part#? Thanx soo much for you all helping me!
Old 04-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #14
cali-ti
aka Stabby

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...51&fg=10&hl=23

part #1

Old 04-30-2006, 06:23 PM   #15
pdxmotorhead

Its cheper to have a body shop or a independant service shop replace them but the warrantee is better if the dealer does the work.

Dave
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote