318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > California > SoCal

Notices

SoCal For the discussion of social events in Southern California only.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 987,069 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
HuGo

Default 2008 Ti Pictures

So i went tonight to Downtown Los Angeles looking for some good places for taking pictures. I found a lot of places. I came to find out that my camera sucks Every picture i took came out dark. What i ended up doing is setting up my camera on Landscape (daytime) and for some reason, without a flash, it illuminated a lot better. But when presing down on the button, it took 2 seconds to snap the picture. In those two seconds, my hand is moving a little bit. According to my screen on the camera they came out VERY GOOD. When i uploaded the pictures on my comp, they came out blurry!!! So now i gotta burrow one of those camera holders and set a timer so the camera is still at all times. So i gotta go back one of these days to get a good pic. THERE IS NO WAY these pics can be taken during the day. My only chance is night time. (atleast downtown pics).

I was all over the streets taking my pictures waiting for no cars to be around so i can stand in the middle of the street snapping pictures Almost got runned over a few times...LMAO!

I dont know if this is against the rules... but ill post some of my favorite pictures in this thread, and you guys let me know which spot is the best. I then will retake the picture then submit it for the calender.

I took like 45 pictures and ended up deleting like 20 because of the darkness. All my pictures can be seen here, but ill post selective pictures...

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n...endar%20Shots/

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
HuGo

1.) This picture was taken in Chinatown....

2.) Picture of the Virgin Mary in The Plazita In Downtown

3.) Dragon Pictures in Chinatown. I know what i did was wrong but i really wanted this picture. I parked my car in the middle of the street, facing neither north or south. I ran outside my car and took a REAL fast picture before any cops or cars came. The best thing it was very late at night and was able to actually do this.

4.) City Hall background...(with or without HIDs on)

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
HuGo

5.) Stairs background

6.) Walt Disney Center...

7.) City Hall Background (different street)....

8.) Neon looking thing... (which one, A,B or C )

A

b

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 08-29-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
HuGo

c (close shot or far shot)

9.) Los Angeles Library in Downtown (what angle?)

10.) Hollywood Inn in Downtown LA

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 08-29-2007, 09:44 AM   #5
HuGo

11.) Los Angeles Convention Center

12.) Another Stair Background

13.) A building Entrance in Downtown LA. I think its a court house?

Anyway, so many good spots and i dont know which one To bad we are only limited to one per person. So help me decide which is the best selection and ill retake the pics.

Comments will be cool

So Pick a number

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 08-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #6
Bobbak

5th from the top is a good one i think
Bilsteins w/ H&R Sport, Depos w/ angeleyes and HID 5K, 50% short throw kit, Custom fogged intake, AC schnitzer pedels w/ deadpedels, leather stickshift knob, vitesse tuning Ebreak boot w/ shift boot, X-Brace, 325/328 brake upgrade, Gray millpoint leather and cloth interior, custom computer multimedia system, and Style 5 BBS 17" rims, M3 Mirrors, CF Hood

Bobbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:23 AM   #7
AutoM3otives

A tripod will be your best friend to keep steady for night shots.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 AM   #8
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoM3otives View Post
A tripod will be your best friend to keep steady for night shots.
Yea i know, i need to burrow one.

Thanks for the positive comment for once

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 08-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #9
trickiekid

A tripod is good, but they are expensive and the cheapo walmart suck. What I do most of the time is find a solid object to place the camera. Then set the camera to a 5 second delay. You set the delay because even the vibration from you pushing the shutter button can cause shaking. Thats just my suggestion. (I am a photo guy by trade)
edit*I couldn't see the photo's, i am at work and our internet connection is not the fastest*edit
trickiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #10
Jean H.318TI

nice pics i choose 4 or 5
Old 08-29-2007, 09:05 PM   #11
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickiekid View Post
A tripod is good, but they are expensive and the cheapo walmart suck. What I do most of the time is find a solid object to place the camera. Then set the camera to a 5 second delay. You set the delay because even the vibration from you pushing the shutter button can cause shaking. Thats just my suggestion. (I am a photo guy by trade)
edit*I couldn't see the photo's, i am at work and our internet connection is not the fastest*edit
Yea i was thinking about doing the 5 second delay. And i did think about taking a solid object with me but itll be funny running around the streets with something to place it on. I gotta be In n Out doing these pics just incase of police. So carrying something a little to big isnt something id like to do. A tripod will be easier.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 08-29-2007, 09:46 PM   #12
adidas

Dude the one's with neon lights look the best man///Like them alot///
adidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:31 PM   #13
SoCalpinoy86

I think if #6 and #3 look good... maybe show a little more of the building next time, like a low angle shot.
SoCalpinoy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:33 PM   #14
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalpinoy86 View Post
I think if #6 and #3 look good... maybe show a little more of the building next time, like a low angle shot.
LoL those were the deadliest shots i took last night.

Im going back tonight with a tripod.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 08-30-2007, 01:02 AM   #15
trickiekid

Hey i would even recommend the 5 sec delay on the tripod, i take it you are shoting with a point and shoot?
trickiekid is offline   Reply With Quote