318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > eBay and Craig's list listings

Notices

eBay and Craig's list listings Listings of interest or amusement.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 987,069 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #16
rdsport

I'm afraid that nothing is going dirt cheap......Our products aren't the average poor quality products you find on ebay......like i said this one is to get the ball rolling......however we will be doing some good deals so stay tuned for more!
rdsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:27 PM   #17
thesk8nmidget

how much for the coilovers?
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:40 PM   #18
rdsport

Information about Suspension Available:

Chassis Kit
The Racing Dynamics Chassis Kit includes a calibrated and matched set of precision wound progressive rate springs and Bilstein high pressure gas shock absorber specifically valved for Racing Dynamics.

Spring Kit
The Racing Dynamics Spring Kit lowers the car approx. 30mm These springs are wound to RD specs and finished in a green powder-coat.

196 03 36 104 Spring Kit

http://www.racdyn.com/OldSite/OnLine...ionCompact.htm

I'll get Prices ASAP

Thanks
rdsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:42 PM   #19
ATF

While you're getting prices together, I'd be interested in prices for both front & rear sway's shipped to 02115. Thanks

BMWCCA #403399
2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 6-Speed
Loaded
2001 325xi, Winter Package, 5-Speed
Traded
1998 318ti, Active, Automatic, TOTAL LOSS R.I.P. 10/20/08
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
ATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #20
thesk8nmidget

thanks!
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #21
elchicano

Hey im currently trying to get as much Rd products on the Ti. How much for the side skirts and i also would be interestred in a RD spoiler aswell.

Also can you lower the prices if there is a group buy?

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:55 AM   #22
aceyx

Hm, any of the R24s in that container?

Interested on pricing on mirrors if you have them.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:52 AM   #23
elchicano

Hey doesn't it seem suspicious that the link that was provide says "old site". I thought this was the racing dynamics page here in the states.

http://www.racdyn-usa.com/index.shtml

This is where i got my racing dynamics cap for my RGQ's. Which i believe are no longer sold here in the U.S. by racing dynamics. But they are listed in the link that was previously provided. Have you guys noticed that he hasn't listed any prices? I'm confused.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 AM   #24
tiFreak

Vehicles

the pics of the spring kits and strut bracing look like they were made with a 3D modelling program, the pics of the brakes and rims look to be a pretty low quality pic for the companies site, also, their logo appears to have been crudely cut out of a larger image:

notice the "jaggies" around the edges? definitely suspicious
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:28 AM   #25
ATF

http://www.racingdynamics.com/Locali...D_NA_Intro.cfm

Contact numbers match (@ at the top of the page)

Assuming they could provide some kind of tangible credentials or a photo of, I'm sure that'll suffice.

Oh, http://www.racingdynamics.com/Locali...ca/Warning.htm
^ This too..

Quote:
any new product sold in the U.S. and Canada under the Racing Dynamics brand name, after January 1, 2003, is most likely NOT manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A., therefore, no assurances can be given that it is an original Racing Dynamics S.p.A. product. If you are located in the U.S. and Canada, and intend to purchase the original tuning products from Racing Dynamics S.p.A., please insist with your retailer that you expect to receive and will only accept RDSportŪ brand products.
now im just confused

BMWCCA #403399
2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 6-Speed
Loaded
2001 325xi, Winter Package, 5-Speed
Traded
1998 318ti, Active, Automatic, TOTAL LOSS R.I.P. 10/20/08
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
ATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:32 AM   #26
elchicano

Yea i have seen that page too but i thought that was the page for RD in italy. I tried buying my cap from there but i was told i couldn't be helped if my purchase wasn't more than i believe $50 or something, can't remember.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:35 AM   #27
BMW_Hatchback

Wow all of this speculation from an ebay listing. Im excited to see how it all turns out. Hopefully we can get some good deals
BMW_Hatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:41 AM   #28
elchicano

This is whats in the link that ATF provided:

"Warning to our U.S. and Canadian Customers.

Racing Dynamics S.p.A. of Milan, Italy is no longer supplying its products to Electrodyne, Inc. and Racing Dynamics Inc. These companies, both based in Alexandria, Virginia, registered the Racing Dynamics trademark in the U.S. and Canada, and are manufacturing many products that are 1:1 copies of our original designs (such as the Tornado AeroKits, GTR strut braces), as well as promoting the sale of such products on their web sites by using copyrighted images that they illegally downloaded off our site.
Furthermore, customers have consistently reported that personnel at these two companies misrepresent their affiliation with Racing Dynamics S.p.A., as they portray the whole Racing Dynamics group as being one entity, when, in fact, it is not.

They further their misrepresentation by listing their copied products using the same names and acronyms we created for our own original products, such as Tornado, RS2, GTR strut brace, and so on. These business practices are questionable at best, and are in blatant violation of generally accepted business ethics. They also show that these companies, and the individuals behind them, have no respect for the intellectual property of others, and they engage in what is tantamount to theft in order to make a profit. In order to better perpetrate their scam, these two companies and their cronies consistently represent to the inquiring customers that their products are a subset of the complete line manufactured in Europe by Racing Dynamics S.p.A., of Milan, Italy.

This situation has created a lot of confusion amongst BMW owners and our loyal customers alike, as most of them expect Racing Dynamics brand products to be only the ones manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. in Europe. They are instead being sold products that are either copies of our original designs, or were never developed by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. in the first place.

We apologize for this situation and wish to reiterate to the BMW community that:

any new product sold in the U.S. and Canada under the Racing Dynamics brand name, after January 1, 2003, is most likely NOT manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A., therefore, no assurances can be given that it is an original Racing Dynamics S.p.A. product. If you are located in the U.S. and Canada, and intend to purchase the original tuning products from Racing Dynamics S.p.A., please insist with your retailer that you expect to receive and will only accept RDSportŪ brand products.

If you need any assistance in determining whether the product you intend to purchase is manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. or is a copy, or if you would like to receive a "blacklist" of dealers who are engaging in business transactions with these two companies, please email: genuineornot@racdyn.com or call us toll-free at (866) TO BUY RD."

But if you highlight the words you can see this at the very bottom. It's colored white so you cant see it when the words aren't high lighted i thought it was a link but it isn't.

"I'm not convinced, I want to know more about this issue"

I read some threads talking about fake RD drealers. But i thought that the original RD wasn't supplying the US no more. This thing is just getting me more and more confused.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:41 AM   #29
aceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchicano318ti View Post
Hey doesn't it seem suspicious that the link that was provide says "old site". I thought this was the racing dynamics page here in the states.

I think that's the US company. Racing Dynamics SpA goes by RDSport in the US now.

The latter is the one responsible for the R55 and K55 Hurricane.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:49 AM   #30
elchicano

http://www.racingdynamics.com/Locali...D_NA_Intro.cfm
This link says they are located in the California

This link says they are located in Virginia.

But if we go with what the RD page in italy says than the one in virginia is the one that selling replicas.