318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,003,677 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #31
Bobbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post

1) Isn't sticking out like a sore thumb in the trunk area.
http://store.mp3car.com/Xenarc_1530YR_p/mon-026.htm

investing some money in that

better?
Bilsteins w/ H&R Sport, Depos w/ angeleyes and HID 5K, 50% short throw kit, Custom fogged intake, AC schnitzer pedels w/ deadpedels, leather stickshift knob, vitesse tuning Ebreak boot w/ shift boot, X-Brace, 325/328 brake upgrade, Gray millpoint leather and cloth interior, custom computer multimedia system, and Style 5 BBS 17" rims, M3 Mirrors, CF Hood

Bobbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #32
HuGo

Bobbak, your set up is fine the way it is.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #33
Bobbak

i was planning on hooking up my xbox to my car as well as being able to use the comp while in the car like for example when its raining or something like last night at work i couldnt use it because of the rain to check my email but 600 does seem like a lot im probly gonna look for a cheaper one but id really like to have that kind of design i like the original design i have but not having any trunk space kinda sux so i wanna fix that flaw
Bilsteins w/ H&R Sport, Depos w/ angeleyes and HID 5K, 50% short throw kit, Custom fogged intake, AC schnitzer pedels w/ deadpedels, leather stickshift knob, vitesse tuning Ebreak boot w/ shift boot, X-Brace, 325/328 brake upgrade, Gray millpoint leather and cloth interior, custom computer multimedia system, and Style 5 BBS 17" rims, M3 Mirrors, CF Hood

Old 01-06-2008, 01:01 AM   #34
jgrimm

Have you thought about screwing all of the wiring, and electronic equipment behind your sub box? Or instead of screwing everything, maybe make an additional THIN box with the same hight and lenght and put that behind the sub. It may clean up your trunk a little bit but definately not to some peoples standards (including mine).

PS: What is with the ridiculous orange colour plastered all over your car? Maybe its just some american thing that I don't get?
jgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:45 AM   #35
ATF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrimm View Post
PS: What is with the ridiculous orange colour plastered all over your car? Maybe its just some american thing that I don't get?
I'm pretty sure that's the theme of the car, he's got orange LTW flags on the outside.

BMWCCA #403399
2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 6-Speed
Loaded
2001 325xi, Winter Package, 5-Speed
Traded
1998 318ti, Active, Automatic, TOTAL LOSS R.I.P. 10/20/08
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
ATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:02 AM   #36
Marv17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrimm View Post
Have you thought about screwing all of the wiring, and electronic equipment behind your sub box? Or instead of screwing everything, maybe make an additional THIN box with the same hight and lenght and put that behind the sub. It may clean up your trunk a little bit but definately not to some peoples standards (including mine).

yeah, its bobby's favorite color. he made his own color theme to his ti. trust me, it defines bobby. lol.
but yeah bobby. that'll look pretty cool, the new screen, but itll be costly.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:28 AM   #37
Bobbak

its the sub box lol

Old 01-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #38
diamondnik

at first i thought this whole 'project' was a spoof on what peple are doing to trucks and hondas, and the ridiculous praise was part of the joke, but then i realized this is for real and barfed a little in my mouth. my mouth still tastes the way that box looks.

seriously why the praise? brushed on paint and wires all over the trunk? seriously, is this a middle school project for special kids where everyone gets a ribbon?

if you want to do something do it right or don't bother. it has nothing to do with budget but personal aptitude and this speaks volumes about who and what you are.
diamondnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #39
thesk8nmidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondnik View Post
at first i thought this whole 'project' was a spoof on what peple are doing to trucks and hondas, and the ridiculous praise was part of the joke, but then i realized this is for real and barfed a little in my mouth. my mouth still tastes the way that box looks.

seriously why the praise? brushed on paint and wires all over the trunk? seriously, is this a middle school project for special kids where everyone gets a ribbon?

if you want to do something do it right or don't bother. it has nothing to do with budget but personal aptitude and this speaks volumes about who and what you are.
We praise hard work. Its not every day a person takes on such a project by themselves. The wires may not be hidden yet but that comes with time. Bobbak will eventually be building a custom box to hide all the wires and amp.
The way the box looks as i have read fits the owner personality very well. Its his car not yours right? So why do you care what color his box is? If you looked at pictures of his car you could also tell that it matches his car and the taste he has.

Just because someone wanted to build a computer into their "trunk" as you call it does not mean they could afford or make time to build it exactly how they wanted it. they wanted to make sure it would all work correctly first. then go to the next level of customization.
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #40
diamondnik

hard work is (as far as the layman goes) is when you rebuild your own engine, or do a suspension swap or something to that effect- appreciate that. but stop encouraging mediocraty.

this is just too funny though, i seriously thought this whole post was a joke, but reading all the ardent support it must be for real.

either way, i was just browsing and have no vested interest in discussing the aestethics of orange boxes and why avant garde must be turning in its grave in this post modern age where everything goes and everyone's a winner.
diamondnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #41
thesk8nmidget

do you think we think that this is a top job of an install?

its called being supportive of your fellow bmw owners.

you should try it sometime! he never said in hear look at the best computer install you have ever seen! he simply gave it a shot and did good for his first time.

he isnt getting paid to do this. it isnt going in magazines. he just did it for fun and to have the ability to be online when they have their ti meets in so cal.
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:47 AM   #42
Ji Money

Yeah I thought it was a neat setup too.
Ji Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #43
Bobbak

Quote:

giv me a few weeks and ill post some more pics and ill let you be the judge of what it looks like even though i really dont giv a f*uck what you think

Old 01-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #44
lazoh

Quote:

How about sharing some pictures of your car with mods done right? We can all learn from a fellow like yourself! Post up some pics......I'm anxious to see them!!

1984 BMW 323i E30 BAUR (Euro)
1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
lazoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #45
jgrimm

Yeah, I'd say put your money where your mouth is.
Even though I would never do this to my car, I'm pretty sure that I actually would never be able to figure out how to do it. At least he deserves that credit.
jgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote