318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Misc

Notices

Misc Does not fit in any of the forums below.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 999,578 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-13-2007, 08:16 AM   #1
HuGo

Default SAFC will it work?

My friend has something like this in his 300awhp GSX and this is what he uses. Can i use this to control with a 10psi pulley, injectors, and whatever upgrade i need to do for more HP? He says this is the most basic/cheapest computer i can use for tuning.

http://cgi.ebay.com/APEXi-APEX-i-AFC...QQcmdZViewItem

If not, what can i do or use to get the 10psi pulley, bigger injectors, functioning and for the tuning to work fine. I want to try to get 220rwhp. Ive emailed NickG a while ago and havent got a reply.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
REDIS

you need the european harness to run safc.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
HuGo

this one says us version?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Apexi...73751303QQrdZ1

if not this one, what can i use for tuning?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Have cash in hand, call NickG, order stage 3 software. Done. That's the easiest way for you to hit the 200hp mark. Anything else or more complicated you'll just screw up. You need a pretty advanced understanding of fuel and ignition to tune an engine yourself.

Drive your new m3 if you want for power. BTW...what happened to that thread?

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:52 AM   #5
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
Have cash in hand, call NickG, order stage 3 software. Done. That's the easiest way for you to hit the 200hp mark. Anything else or more complicated you'll just screw up. You need a pretty advanced understanding of fuel and ignition to tune an engine yourself.

Drive your new m3 if you want for power. BTW...what happened to that thread?
I can easily get the stg 3 kit but i want to try to hit as much boost and power my engine can resist without actually blowing. If the most is 215 at the wheels then thats how high i want to go. But i dont know if a G is worth only 17hp and 7 torque if i can probably squeeze out more for almost or a little bit more of money. My friend was gonna do the tuning for me. And the M3, thats a weekend drive once in a while car for now. My TI is still the one im driving every day and will use for racing, tracks and/or street whatever. Im not saying ima go street racing now, just saying like it happens to everyone. But when i do go 2 track i want power from Ti as i planned before getting the M. I just want to be quick as i can and 200+rwhp with the TI. About the thread, i asked to get it closed for me.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 01-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #6
DRMblack7

Is Nickg on hoilday,I e-mail him on a similar queston and hav'nt got a reply yet?
Old 01-14-2007, 05:27 PM   #7
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMblack7 View Post
Is Nickg on hoilday,I e-mail him on a similar queston and hav'nt got a reply yet?
You'll likely need to call him. He is only one man, trying to answer questions for loads of people that will likely never buy his software.

Hugo - You are on your own with this one. Good luck. Ask your tuner buddies what will work with your car, as they are the ones that will be tuning it. I would trust NickG over pretty much anyone, but that's just me.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #8
DRMblack7

Fair enough mate, i'll give him a ring.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:41 AM   #9
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
You'll likely need to call him. He is only one man, trying to answer questions for loads of people that will likely never buy his software.

Hugo - You are on your own with this one. Good luck. Ask your tuner buddies what will work with your car, as they are the ones that will be tuning it. I would trust NickG over pretty much anyone, but that's just me.
yea i know. Ive asked him and he said that the safc is the simplest tuning comp out there. But if i want to go with a BMW only comp of coarse will be more expensive. He was explaining to me about the ignition timing and a bunch of other things and i just get lost. I know a little more than i did of stuff cuz of him cuz he explains it to me. I know i can trust him, hes close to getting this ASE cert. and he works on a bunch of other cars. But when he explains what we have to do, i get lost. Hes even told me he'll give me the gas formula for 97 unleaded fuel and the 100 something for more power for track days but we have to tune the car to accept that and so on. Hes a kool guy.

But id prefer something simple and easy and fast. I just have another question, Nickg tunes for the stg 3 kit for the dasc. Is that same stg 3 kit compatible with a 10psi pulley or will he have to slightly tune it a little and charge more? Id like to know cuz i know you have a 10psi pulley so i want to know how u did it. TIA.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 01-20-2007, 12:31 AM   #10
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI View Post

But id prefer something simple and easy and fast. I just have another question, Nickg tunes for the stg 3 kit for the dasc. Is that same stg 3 kit compatible with a 10psi pulley or will he have to slightly tune it a little and charge more? Id like to know cuz i know you have a 10psi pulley so i want to know how u did it. TIA.
?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...