318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > HVAC

Notices

HVAC Heating, ventilation and air conditioning.

» Recent Threads
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 372,491 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-06-2008, 04:35 AM   #1
mphmotorwerks

Default Microfilter Baffle

Does anyone know the part number for this air baffle. This is the thin one that covers the micro-filters for the cabin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	micro5a.gif Views:	305 Size:	126.4 KB ID:	5016  
1998 M-tech 325ti; Hellrot: M50 Swap, Cold-Air Intake, Custom Magna-Flow Exhaust, Depo Housings w/55 Watt HID, Yellow Fogs,Tinted Windows (35%), M3 Front Spoiler Lip, Black Grills, X-Brace, 17" Drag DR-19 wrapped with Hankook VR-12s, Bilstein HD with M-Tec Springs
mphmotorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:45 AM   #2
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphmotorwerks View Post
Does anyone know the part number for this air baffle. This is the thin one that covers the micro-filters for the cabin.
YES! and it took forever to find it! gimmie a bit to dig it up.

EDIT: finally found it (again)! 64 11 8 369 186 FOIL

when i ordered it (3/30/05), it was $8.48
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:43 AM   #3
cali-ti
aka Stabby

btw, it's been on my to-do list to replace since i got it in 05 too, lol guess it's been 2+ years since i replaced my cabin filters.

i'm going to go add that part number to the KB article on microfilter replacement as that is the most sensible place to have it. thanks for the reminder!
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

Old 01-06-2008, 06:04 AM   #4
mphmotorwerks

thanks much....after i changed them last time I read a posting on here about it and realize that at some point in time mine went missing (before i owned the car) so it is time to get one back in there. thanks for the help
1998 M-tech 325ti; Hellrot: M50 Swap, Cold-Air Intake, Custom Magna-Flow Exhaust, Depo Housings w/55 Watt HID, Yellow Fogs,Tinted Windows (35%), M3 Front Spoiler Lip, Black Grills, X-Brace, 17" Drag DR-19 wrapped with Hankook VR-12s, Bilstein HD with M-Tec Springs
mphmotorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:10 AM   #5
cali-ti
aka Stabby

just glad i found it again updated the KB article now so it won't be lost!

Old 01-06-2008, 06:58 AM   #6
cossieturbo

Perfect timing mate!!! I was looking in my ETK, TIS and online for this part number this evening. After getting my windhield changed... bad time... I thought I would do the 2 filters and guess what... They look to be factory installed units. No joke. I don't know how any Air flowed into my A/C system. I will try to take a pic. Unbelievable! Thanks again mate, I will order one right away.

I miss this forum as you this is a very helpful and level group.

Cossieturbo

Update - Can you check that number again. Not coming up on my 2006 ETK. Thanks.

Update - got it... not on ETK!
cossieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
teetime4one

Vehicles

Eric,
if i buy my cabin filters here in the next couple of weeks...do you want to get together and install them?
just an idea to motivate you some.
i also need to change my thermostat.
then there are a few spring projects that will require your assistance. more on that later!
right on

Sean
1995 Active
teetime4one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #8
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossieturbo View Post
Perfect timing mate!!! I was looking in my ETK, TIS and online for this part number this evening. After getting my windhield changed... bad time... I thought I would do the 2 filters and guess what... They look to be factory installed units. No joke. I don't know how any Air flowed into my A/C system. I will try to take a pic. Unbelievable! Thanks again mate, I will order one right away.
lol ... looking forward to those pics! there are some good ones in the microfilter replacement KB article.

Quote:
I miss this forum as you this is a very helpful and level group.
you don't have to miss it if you're here

Quote:
Update - Can you check that number again. Not coming up on my 2006 ETK. Thanks.

Update - got it... not on ETK!
yes, not in the ETK. i couldn't even tell you where the guy found it. i was trolling the ti yahoo mailing list and he had somehow found it, i believe working with his bmw dealer. i put it in an email to myself titled something like, "the magic part number" lol

Old 01-06-2008, 03:11 PM   #9
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetime4one View Post
Eric,
if i buy my cabin filters here in the next couple of weeks...do you want to get together and install them?
just an idea to motivate you some.
i also need to change my thermostat.
then there are a few spring projects that will require your assistance. more on that later!
right on
sean, sure! once i get back from chicago? i fly back to CO on the 25th (friday) so could probably even work on it that weekend. you have sundays (only) off, right?

i haven't done my t-stat before, but i'm guessing we can get that done i need to flush/fill as it think it's been about 2 years. need to do the brake fluid, power steering fluid, diff and trans at some point too. when it's warmer

Old 01-06-2008, 03:16 PM   #10
teetime4one

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti View Post
sean, sure! once i get back from chicago? i fly back to CO on the 25th (friday) so could probably even work on it that weekend. you have sundays (only) off, right?

i haven't done my t-stat before, but i'm guessing we can get that done i need to flush/fill as it think it's been about 2 years. need to do the brake fluid, power steering fluid, diff and trans at some point too. when it's warmer
yep, i only have Sunday's off. so, lets do it!
maybe Dave and Clay would want to get this out of the way as well.
i'll buy the parts next week...or let Robert buy them. lol
right on

Sean
1995 Active
teetime4one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #11
elchicano

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetime4one View Post
yep, i only have Sunday's off. so, lets do it!
maybe Dave and Clay would want to get this out of the way as well.
i'll buy the parts next week...or let Robert buy them. lol
right on

I got a new thersmostat when i changed my radiator, and i had my brake fluid changed when i got my brake pads changed. i do need to change my gasket, because i found oil in one of my spark plugs when i did my oil change. I ordered the parts i need already, so if you guys could help me out with that it would be awesome. Also do you guys know where i can get a new lug/screw that you unscrew to drain the oil? Mine just doesn't tighten no more and it seems to loosen up and and start dripping oil
But yea lets do something I only have sundays off too.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #12
cali-ti
aka Stabby

i'm going to start a new thread for MHTi january get together so we don't mistrack this thread any more