318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Misc

Notices

Misc Does not fit in any of the forums below.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 991,213 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-13-2005, 04:49 AM   #1
AlaskaBlue

Default Videos of my 318ti!

I have taken a few videos of my 318ti. I though some people here might find them interesting. One is of my accelerating hard and shows the MPH and Tachometer. I thought this might interest some people because it shows how quickly the revs go up with a lightweight flywheel. The other one is of me beating my friends mustang. It is a mid to high 14 second car w/o nitrous. It ran a 13.9 with nitrous.

Flywheel: http://videos.streetfire.net/player....C-E0259519B4A6

318ti Vs. Mustang http://videos.streetfire.net/player....9-161994D8D4FD
Old 05-13-2005, 05:00 AM   #2
Viper3812

I can't see the video, only audio. Sounds nice.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...er3812/Sig.jpg
Viper3812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 05:02 AM   #3
AlaskaBlue

Thanks. I don't know why the visual woudn't work. I have tried the links on my computer and it works alright. They both play in media player.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:18 AM   #4
mickd

The sound and video worked for me. Your car revs really fast, and well into the red zone. What other mods do you have besides the flywheel? The exhaust system sounds great too, what brand? That was a great run with the Mustang, is it a 6?
mickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 05:32 AM   #5
JPerfect

Yep, that looks like a 6 cyl mustang. I've ripped them before on the highway, they are slow. The new 6 cyl mustangs however can top me "light to bridge" as we call it.

my car's basically bone stock.

I agree, nice revs, and great shifting man.
JPerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #6
AlaskaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickd
The sound and video worked for me. Your car revs really fast, and well into the red zone. What other mods do you have besides the flywheel? The exhaust system sounds great too, what brand? That was a great run with the Mustang, is it a 6?

Yep it is a six that can run 13.9s I don't know why the guy didn't just get a gt. My car just has a dinan chip, lighterweight BBS RA wheels, a fogged airbox with a K&N filter, 9lb flywheel, and a sachs clutch. More mods to come soon. Suspension first then more engine stuff.

On a side not I raced a Mustang 5.0 five speed and we were basically dead even up to about 90. I had the take off. He started to catch me until he shifted and I got about a car ahead. At 90 we were about even, but then I tucked in behind because there was some traffic ahead.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:05 PM   #7
AlaskaBlue

Oh and the exhaust its a flow master 40 series (give me a break guys I live in Indiana) soon to be without a catalytic converter.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:41 PM   #8
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBlue
On a side not I raced a Mustang 5.0 five speed and we were basically dead even up to about 90. I had the take off. He started to catch me until he shifted and I got about a car ahead. At 90 we were about even, but then I tucked in behind because there was some traffic ahead.
how sad is that for the mustang? a 1.9L 4 cyl bmw staying even with a 5.0L v8 ... and that's a "pony" car? lame ... and good driving AlaskaBlue
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:57 PM   #9
AlaskaBlue

Thanks . I am pumped for the summer. For my graduation present I am going to South Carolina to see the BMW plant where my mom's Z4 was made, and I am doing a two day BMW high performance driving course.

Watch out crappy domestic V-8s I'll get you with all of my 1.8 liters
Old 05-14-2005, 12:38 AM   #10
Dredder

I wouldnt recommend going to a straight pipe(no catalytic converter). There are no performance gain what so ever to be made. Most likely you will end up losing power because of excessive back pressure. In addition, dont get caught without them in your car. In my state of oregon penalties reach into the thousand. But they do sound throaty and loud. It makes our cars sound like it has a v8.
Dredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:47 AM   #11
schussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredder
I wouldnt recommend going to a straight pipe(no catalytic converter). There are no performance gain what so ever to be made. Most likely you will end up losing power because of excessive back pressure. In addition, dont get caught without them in your car. In my state of oregon penalties reach into the thousand. But they do sound throaty and loud. It makes our cars sound like it has a v8.

it makes our car sound like a V8? Eh, dunno about that man. I have a cat-delete, and it sounds like nothing close to a V8....

with aftermarket exhaust as well

-chris
18'' Ace Wheels • Pirelli P7000 SS Tires • Bosal Brospeed Exhaust • B&M Short Throw Kit • H&R Sport Springs • Euro Clears • cat delete • Rogue Engineering Clutch Stop • Modded Airbox • blacked out kidney grilles • Suede Headliner/A Pillars

S52 CONVERSION UNDERWAY
schussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:01 AM   #12
AlaskaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredder
I thought the staight through pipe would decrease backpressure becuase it doesn't have to run through the filter stuff. My friend has an S-10 with a real straight pipe. No muffler or anything. He says it sounds like a "sick V-8"