318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Classifieds > For Sale > US and North America > Parting out & Parts (US)

Notices

Parting out & Parts (US) Cars being parted out and misc parts only!

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 99,085 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 62,014 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 59,286 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-10-2017, 06:42 PM   #1
zoner

Arrow Obituary and Celebration of Parts!

First, I haven't been on the forum much in the past couple of years- been dealing with some serious health issues and a job that takes up the remainder of my time. I've lurked every now and again, just don't have the time to spend a lot of time online. It's nice to see several of the veteran members still active.

Second, I'm sad to announce that Sabine (my '97 ti) met an unfortunate death on my way home from work on the Friday evening of Memorial Day weekend. I stood in shame on the shoulder of the 405, while thousands of travelers sped by me on their way to vacation. I was just thankful that it was a tow truck coming to get me, rather than an ambulance. Overheating was the cause- death confirmed on 6/7 at LB Autohaus. Funny, because I just had the entire cooling system redone about 25k miles ago. Looks like the elbow in the block blew (blown o-ring?), dumped the water, blew the head gasket. It was all BMW parts throughout, so that shouldn't have been the issue. Suffice it to say I'm not inclined to potentially spend $2k+ to get a car that's worth maybe $3.5k back on the road, especially since I just put close to $3k into it less than two years ago, so I'm willing to cut it loose to the best offer. Anyone who wants to do the repair themselves could have a fairly well sorted car that's never been abused, adult owned and is in good condition, for a low price. This car would make a fantastic candidate for a swap! About the car:

- 1997 318ti active, 5sp. manual, Alpinweiß/Sandgrau, sunroof
- Refinished 17" OEM Style 22 wheels w/ Yokohama YK580's (~75% tread) + Style 22 spare in trunk
- Bilstein Sport/H&R Sport suspension
- '95 M3 Strut Bearings w/ reinforcement plates, Rogue Engineering RSM's, Eibach FSB
- OEM X-Brace
- 328 Front Brake upgrade w/ stainless lines
- DEPO projector headlight housings
- Non-sport seats with factory leather
- E36 Euro 3-spoke steering wheel
- OEM CD42 CD/AM/FM head unit with with iPod interface (I have a bluetooth receiver connected to the interface- works great!)
- Front and rear speakers upgraded to Rockford Fosgate (proper adapters in rear deck)
- All systems and options are fully functional with the exception of the passenger window.
- Never wrecked, original paint and body in very good condition. Very clean interior

Lastly, I've very recently moved, and in an effort to downsize and get rid of a LOT of stuff cluttering my garage and storage space, I realize I have accumulated a ton of E36/5 parts over the past 10+ years, so it's time to cut loose and hopefully have some things people can use or want. I'm going to my storage today to take inventory and some better pictures of things, and while I know pretty much what I have in my head, I don't want to post things until I actually come across them since things can be in one of three different places. I do have some rare and hard to find parts and accessories, so subscribe and stay tuned, as I will be updating this page over the coming days and weeks.

***UPDATE 6/11/2017***
Pictures of all items listed below can be found here.
All items are plus shipping (will combine shipping on multiple items); payment via PayPal only.

OEM Car Cover for 318ti w/ storage pouch - SOLD
Rear Wiper Motor - $25
OEM Mudflaps (for Sport bumper and trim; 3 rear (2 new, 1 used), 2 front) - $120
OEM Fog Light Kit (includes EVERYTHING to install fog lights in a non-equipped E36) - SOLD
Vented Disc Backing Plates - $130
Trunk Tools - $25
Coil-on-Plug Kit for M44 (HQ Autosport - NIB) - $350
OEM Foglights (w/ yellow Lamin-x film; see detail for broken clip) - $50
Bosch Plug Wires - SOLD
Front Wheel Hub Assemblies (2) (Bearings are FAG (better, IMO), not SKF) - $160
Ate (OEM) Rear Brake Calipers (2) (complete, rebuilt units- ready to bolt on!) - $130
Rear Trunk Side Panels - $30

I'm kinda guessing on at least some of this pricing - will adjust accordingly if things don't move, as my intent is to liqudate, not get rich. PM me with any questions or for more details. **Side note- I work a lot during the week and generally only have time to package and ship things on the weekends. Even if you send me money on a Monday, it's probably not going out until Saturday. Thank you for your patience.

1995 318ti Base - Cosmosschwarz/Sandgrau R.I.P.
1997 318ti Active - Alpinweiß III/Sandgrau
2013 328i Coupe - Le Mans Blau

Last edited by zoner; 06-22-2017 at 04:07 AM.
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:58 PM   #2
FunElan

Well first off, I'm sorry to hear of the health issues, I hope that's gotten better. And I'm sorry to hear about the car! That's a shame. Knowing the 405 well, I can't imagine how that must feel, to be on the shoulder.

I imagine someone will pick it up as it's a perfect candidate for a swap, but if it does get to a part out, I'd be curious on some of the parts.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:14 PM   #3
zoner

Bump for update.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #4
zoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunElan View Post
Well first off, I'm sorry to hear of the health issues, I hope that's gotten better. And I'm sorry to hear about the car! That's a shame. Knowing the 405 well, I can't imagine how that must feel, to be on the shoulder.

I imagine someone will pick it up as it's a perfect candidate for a swap, but if it does get to a part out, I'd be curious on some of the parts.
Health is getting better, thanks for asking. Not looking to part the car, as I'm now finding out what it's like to have to deal with the last couple cars I parted... My mechanic offered to take it off of my hands (he road races 2002's) but I figured if someone in the LA area were interested or wants a swap car, this is a solid foundation for one.

Last edited by zoner; 06-13-2017 at 03:46 AM.