318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > California > SoCal

Notices

SoCal For the discussion of social events in Southern California only.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
05-09-2024 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,309,781 Views
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 405,437 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-31-2008, 04:22 AM   #1
HuGo

Default Paypal Incident, Need Help/Advice

I bought a clutch from David Aye. He never sent me the clutch and never replied to my PMs. I made a claim through paypal. Well i won the claim today. This mother ****er took the money and ran. They couldnt recover my money because he had 0.00 dollars in his account. So now they going to see how they can recover the money. I called paypal and asked..."he had to put a credit card or bank info in order for him to open his account, so why dont you charge there?" They said they will try and see if he has funds in his credit card or bank (if he added his bank) to charge. But if they cant find anything, then im ****ed. I even asked, what if in 5 months he has what he owes me, i have to wait that long? They said yes. I asked, what if he never uses his account again, am i screwed? He said yes. IDK what to do. The resolutions guy said that i can open a civil case and sue him if nothing gets resolved. But yea ok, this guy lives in florida or new york and im in LA. If i were to do that, is there some type of sue i can do for more than what he just took from me? Get more out of him? And how do i even due a cross country court? Would he have to fly out here or something?

Has anyone encountered this before? What happen or what did you do?

Thanks for any help.

Link, http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=995423

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:45 AM   #2
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

That's exactly what happened to me with a plasma TV two years ago. I lost 1900 bucks! Unfortunately in my case, the seller used a fake name and address. PayPal sucks. They offer buyer protection, but in really fine print they dismiss liability. If the seller has a feedback rating under 50 or a certain amount of negative feedbacks, they don't do squat. I couldn't even get a lawyer, because I didn't even have a real person to go after. Sorry to hear this HuGo, start shopping for another clutch.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:03 AM   #3
pnosker

Yeah I got screwed over a couple of times too. Luckily it was less than $200.
pnosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:09 AM   #4
HuGo

Already purchased another clutch

270. So this means i spent 485 for a freaking clutch

Cant i call my credit card company as well or will they not do sheet?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:16 AM   #5
elchicano

i would call see if they can help you out. But yup just hope they get that foos credit card or bank account or else your screwed. The link you posted doesn't work.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:22 AM   #6
HuGo

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=995423

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 05-31-2008, 05:28 AM   #7
Maverix

Vehicles

Sue them. You can sue them for a lot more than what you spent. He has already lost the case if he goes to court. And yes you would have to fly over to where he is to sue him, but you can get a lot more. For example you can also sue him for court costs and air travel costs. Only problem is that you have to be able to prove that you sent him the money and that he diposited his paypal to his bank. I suggest you keep at it. If you don't sue him, then who will? God know's how many people he has already ripped off.
Maverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:31 AM   #8
zboot

if you used a CC you should go through them immediately. They have something more to lose. Their agreement with you specifies that in cases like this, they typically will give you the money back. Since they will be losing money unless they pursue it, they have more at stake than paypal which does not have that obligation and still made money from this transaction.
zboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:33 AM   #9
HuGo

LoL i would use paypal as my witness. He obviously didnt answer back to them either. Can't i use paypal as a witness?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 05-31-2008, 05:36 AM   #10
elchicano

yea why not. It will help you out because they couldn't reach him. So its proof that he took your money and ran with it.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:43 AM   #11
HuGo

I would like to sue him for like a grand. But i dont want to spend money in opening a case, plane ticket, and then losing.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 05-31-2008, 05:44 AM   #12
elchicano

I don't think you would lose, but i see what you mean. i wouldn't want to travel that far to sue somebody either.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:13 AM   #13
Marv17

dude. im sry man. that sucks as*. im always scared of something like that happening now. i lost more than that when it happened to me.
guess, there's not much to do... but be pissed off.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote