318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Suspension

Notices

Suspension Springs, sway bars, shocks.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
Yesterday 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,307,453 Views
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 404,991 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 11-20-2006, 02:54 AM   #1
DailyD

Default Dinan Stage 1

After much consideration, I finally installed a Dinan stage 1 suspension on my ti. It comes with Dinan lowering springs and Koni sport adjustable dampeners valved for them. The car has dropped about an inch all the way around. I would say it’s just a tad lower than the M-tec sport suspension. Body roll has been greatly reduced as well. There has been little compromise in ride quality which was my primary goal. I also installed a x-brace; thus, I’m sure some of the added stiffness is due to it’s installation.

After the install, I had the car aligned. The caster is out slightly but the car still tracts straight so I’m not going to do anything about it. The toe is out on one of the rear wheels but I’m guessing it’s a worn bushing or bent piece rather than the result of the suspension mods. All of the other wheels have been adjusted to factory specifications so no camber kits are required. I will have the alignment rechecked after the suspension settles in and see if I will need to correct the one wheel that is out.

Dinan stuff is expensive! Because I didn’t need to purchase alignment kits some of the money was offset. I would have been able to just get the springs from them and then purchase some Koni SAs separately. I’m not sure the additional 200.00 dollars for the specific valving was worth it but I am happy with the overall result. I have placed some pictures here and in my photo gallery for those wanting to see what the car looks like with the drop.

Cheers

Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	PostDS1.jpg Views:	251 Size:	86.6 KB ID:	2750