318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Misc

Notices

Misc Does not fit in any of the forums below.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 992,868 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-21-2005, 03:36 AM   #1
drkblu318ti

Default Broken into last night...

So i got in my car this mornign to go to school and i noticed some envelopes that werein my glove box strewed across my passenger seat, my ashtray opend, and the gum and stuff in the little pocket in the very front of center console, on the seat, nothing missing that i could tell. Tired and in hurry cuz i was gonna be late to school, thought maybe it was my mom. Then after a while and thinking about it through out the day i realized it didnt seem like her at all. So when i got home at about 9 tonight i asked her if she had been in my car looking for something. Her reply as i feared was no. She then questioned me if i had been in her car too. and of course my answer was no. Both of our cars were broken into about 3 dollars in change taken fromher car, both unsure of how becuase we both religously lock our cars. I have a compustar alarm and she has a 04 Benz c230. So we called the police and they came and made a report... so now just nervous and unsettled we shall contiunue on. But just a warning for everyone make sure you lock your cars... you never know whose out there. Hopefully itlll never happen again.

Tribute to:
97 318ti Montreal Blue R.I.P
96 318ti Schwartz II
drkblu318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:50 AM   #2
cali-ti
aka Stabby

that kind of event is always unsettling. one of my previous car was stolen ... came out in the morning to go to work and wandered around my apartment complex parking lot looking for my car ... not there!
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 04:09 AM   #3
Shaggy
Site Moderator

Wow, that would be scary to find something like that out. Hey, my mom has an 2004 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor also. Did they take your keys and open the cars or just opened it some mysterious way?

Nick
1995 BMW 318iC.
Modifications by: Understeer.com, M3 Aerodynamics, Bilstein, Stromung, Turner Motorsports, Bavarian Autosport and Downing Atlanta Superchargers.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:26 AM   #4
PettitWC

yeah, one morning we woke up and there was a slim jim in stuck in my mom's driver side door...later that year it was stolen right out of our driveway, like a little ass driveway, barely room for 1 car in all directions. I've been pretty lucky with break ins though (knock on wood). I also have a couple friends stealing cars when they were drunk and totaling them stories (one was the guy's mom's brand new mini van they found like in a ditch in rock creek park) anyways, that's just retards being retards but man sorry to hear about that.

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
PettitWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:42 AM   #5
Matt-UK

****ing ***** i hate car thieves! I hate them *****! Ive always pictured going to my car and some little ****ers trying to break into it. Id wipe the ****ing floor with em. GRAAAARRRRRRR! Its happened before and it made me ****ing mad, they couldnt steal my car but the ***** took everything so i ended up driving round the steets shouting my head-off waitng for someone to start so i could black their eyes. I just wanna catch some **** with a screwdriver in my doorlock!
Matt-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
stormos

Woooossssaaaaaahhhhh! Woooossssaaaaaahhhhh! Woooossssaaaaaahhhhh! Woooossssaaaaaahhhhh!

Bad Boys, Bad Boys, What you gonna do when we come for you!
Mods: • Magnex Cat-Back Exhaust • Smoked Corner Lights + Repeators • M3 17" Wheels • De-Baffled Air Box • AC HandBrake Handle and Gear Knob • DEPO Euro Epsiloids + Predator Chronium Rings • Chrome Interior bits •IE Poly-Urethane RSFMs • Kenwood Power Series Audio • Powder Coated e36 325 Front Callipers • Sports Seats
stormos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
JakeNotCliff

My philosophy is leave your doors unlocked at all times, and just don't keep anything in the car. Take the face plate to your radio if you can, even. That way if they're just looking for money, ID, or electronics, they don't have to break a window or do any damage to find out there was nothing in there anyway. If they're going to hotwire your car, they're probably prepared for some noise and trouble, so having to force entry most likely wouldn't stop them in the first place.
JakeNotCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #8
zboot

Well, I'd subscribe to that advice except the leave the doors unlocked part. A locked door is a deterrent. An unlocked door is an opportunity. I'd rather take the chances someone decided to continue walking by than they said, hmm, it's already open, might as well see what I can get.
zboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:39 PM   #9
JakeNotCliff

It really could go either way, but I make it a point not to leave anything in my car, so even when someone does see it as an opportunity, there's nothing to take.
JakeNotCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:00 PM   #10
thesk8nmidget

yeah my car is always empty besides my insurance and registration in the glove box and my two 12's in the "trunk"

but luckily for me you cant get my 12's out without opening the hatch. so no folding seats down and taking them out. plus most people stealing stuff dont know about the fold down seats. it would be cool to retrofit a lock so when you lock the doors the seats lock too so they wont fold down either.
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #11
b.u.ti-ful

I always leave mine open and I just have a few cds and some change in there that anyone can take as long as I don't get a smashed window out of it.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:07 AM   #12
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
my two 12's in the "trunk"
doesn't the deck cover hide those anyways?
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:00 AM   #13
elchicano

Yea it does, people wont know you got something unless you keep bumping your system around. Yea my box can only be taken if you open the hatch, im thinking of bolting it down or putting a bike chain just incase

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #14
thesk8nmidget

a good way to secure your box even more is use the 2 hoops in the hatch that are right behind the seats and cable down the box. and yes the deck cover does in fact cover my subs and i do turn my stereo down long before i pull into my neighborhood.

some guy asked me yesterday if my wheels cost me 1200 bucks i laughed and said try 150 with tires lol
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #15
nyle

The one break-in i had (luckily not in my ti.. it was a beater cavalier), was the day after x-mas a couple years ago. smashed my window and took $1300 worth of cds.