318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Suspension

Notices

Suspension Springs, sway bars, shocks.

» Recent Threads
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 386,288 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 07-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
Tman100z

Default issues w/ Rear KMAC/BAV auto camber Kit

Anyone with these kits have a problem of them slipping out of specs. I just read on here after doing a search someone had posted they were known to slip. I had them put on after replacing the LH trailing arm since it was bent and was really eating up the tire. Now both inner rear tires are really getting ate up, when before the RH was good. Im thinking of yanking them and just putting in the stock ones. I dont need to adjust them and wonder if they could be tack welded to hold hmm
Tman100z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #2
L84THSKY

I have the same ones, and I haven't had a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman100z View Post
Anyone with these kits have a problem of them slipping out of specs. I just read on here after doing a search someone had posted they were known to slip. I had them put on after replacing the LH trailing arm since it was bent and was really eating up the tire. Now both inner rear tires are really getting ate up, when before the RH was good. Im thinking of yanking them and just putting in the stock ones. I dont need to adjust them and wonder if they could be tack welded to hold hmm

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #3
AutoM3otives

I drove the crap out of my E30 M3 with KMACS installed. They slipped badly. The inner wear on my RA-1s were so bad and so loud that it masked the sound of a bad passenger side wheel bearing that needed replacing as well.