318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,010,303 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-20-2006, 02:28 AM   #1
HuGo

Default DASC Arrived!

Just got the kit. Theres a bunch of stuff. I got sent a filter, does this mean i cant use my intake? Anyway, im looking through the manual and it doesnt look easy. Maybe work will start saturday.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:42 AM   #2
HuGo

I cant believe how many nuts and bunch of things this came with. My dad is going to freak out when he sees all of this lol. Nope, i cant do this by myself.

Anyone know of a good website that translates english to spanish so i can write it out? Anything else besides, freetranslation.com

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:59 AM   #3
Variance

http://world.altavista.com
Old 10-20-2006, 03:43 AM   #4
HuGo

Well my dad saw everything and said it will be easy just going to take time. He said its nothing from a different world. We just going to have to study and review the manual then do it. Its not going to be an over the weekend job. Im sure that my car will be down for a week+

Anyway, ill let you guys know when its done.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 10-20-2006, 04:29 AM   #5
bmwracerchick

awesome! Congrats, how much did it all cost you?
Old 10-20-2006, 04:30 AM   #6
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwracerchick View Post
awesome! Congrats, how much did it all cost you?
$2850 Brand New.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 10-20-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
lilflip

did you do thje group buy thing?

m42 plenty of mods.
lilflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:03 AM   #8
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilflip View Post
did you do thje group buy thing?
Yea i started it...

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 10-27-2006, 05:42 AM   #9
saintly

read the manual multiple times before you start.
i also layed out all of the parts and took pictures of them with bag numbers visable before i started anything
go through and check that you have all of the parts (i was missing a bag)
I did it myself with help from a friend (neither had done this sort of stuff before) and if it wasn't for mailing my DME to america for NickG to re-program we could have done it over the weekend (including putting in a short shifter).
What ever you do, don't rush it, check everything before you go on to the next step, take lost of pictures and lable everything.
If it takes you a weekend well done, if it takes two weekends then who cares.. it's still done and you did it yourself

Enjoy
H&R coil overs & sway bars, Big brakes
saintly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:55 AM   #10
HuGo

Almost done. For sure this weekend. Im getting payed good at my new job and im going to save my money for an intercooler.

How much do you guys think an intercooler might cost? About how much HP gain, and will i get torque gain? Thx. Still thinking about the stg 3 software and 10psi pulley but i dont know. The 10psi pulley isnt much of a HP and torque gain is it?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 10-27-2006, 07:09 AM   #11
AutoM3otives

you sure ask alot of questions.

I hate doing this but...
SEARCH.

and not just here.. but on the other forums if you need to.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #12
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
You asked for it:

$14, 1500hp gain.

Good luck, mang!
Ohhh ggg, wow just 14 bucks ? Oh Man, in that cuz, why have you been so cheap and not done this mod yourself if its that many horses and a fairly good price? Or are you saving those 14 dollars to fix your busted headlight?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 10-27-2006, 02:08 PM   #13
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Did you try searching for it?

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #14
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI View Post
Almost done. For sure this weekend. Im getting payed good at my new job and im going to save my money for an intercooler.

How much do you guys think an intercooler might cost? About how much HP gain, and will i get torque gain? Thx. Still thinking about the stg 3 software and 10psi pulley but i dont know. The 10psi pulley isnt much of a HP and torque gain is it?
IAAS had the parts to do one, but I don't think he ever built it out, so don't expect a completely ready to go bolt on kit.. And honestly, just an intercooler isn't going to get you any power. Maybe 1 or 2, but nothing major. It will just keep the supercharger air flow cooler so that you don't experience pre-detonation. Which is only going to be an issue if you try to push more than 10PSI of boost. Which you would need custom programming for.. I would say it would cost you well over 1500$(that is what IAAS had the parts for), and then whatever it costs to get the custom ECU, $1000+, and the extra hardware to make the supercharger push most boost...

You should have done more research because you really can't get a lot more power out of a DASC without spending a lot of money and doing some custom work. I've yet to see pictures of a fully functioning and road proven intercooler for a DASC on an m42 or m44.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:47 PM   #15
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
IAAS had the parts to do one, but I don't think he ever built it out, so don't expect a completely ready to go bolt on kit.. And honestly, just an intercooler isn't going to get you any power. Maybe 1 or 2, but nothing major. It will just keep the supercharger air flow cooler so that you don't experience pre-detonation. Which is only going to be an issue if you try to push more than 10PSI of boost. Which you would need custom programming for.. I would say it would cost you well over 1500$(that is what IAAS had the parts for), and then whatever it costs to get the custom ECU, $1000+, and the extra hardware to make the supercharger push most boost...

You should have done more research because you really can't get a lot more power out of a DASC without spending a lot of money and doing some custom work. I've yet to see pictures of a fully functioning and road proven intercooler for a DASC on an m42 or m44.

+1 - The DASC is pretty much it. I run a little extra boost and a lot more gas for some additional power, but it's not much. I should really get my car dyno'd....

Note: Don't crank up the boost unless you know what you are doing.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote