318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > California > SoCal

Notices

SoCal For the discussion of social events in Southern California only.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 95,369 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 58,256 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 55,739 Views
M50+manual swap bastard...
03-01-2024 11:00 PM
Last post by Andy318
03-18-2024 02:34 PM
3 Replies, 130,531 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 09-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
HuGo

Default Members Read This!

This Is My Rant

So there has been a lot of bull sh!t going on lately. People need to calm down and stop. There has been more b!tching and attacking each other going on rather than helping eachother. We may as well call this site bfc318ti.comorg I mean seriously, what's going on? Are people trying to measure and see who has a bigger cock around here?

Another thing, PLEASE USE THE FREAKING SEARCH SECTION! The same threads keep popping up. Threads that have been discussed a billion times. People, stop being lazy and do a search first before starting a new thread.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/search.php

Thread hijacking has been going on a lot too. I got banned for a whole f*cking year cuz I "hijacked" a thread. But yet, I seen ppl hijack more than 1 thread. Not only they hijack a thread, but they completely ruin someone elses thread because ppl are arguing with each other on someone elses thread. But do they get a slap on the wrist? Do they get timed out for a few days? No! But I don't care about that. What I do care is that if there's a thread going on about...lets say "need tranny swap" we got a royal rumble going on out of no where and ppl start arguing about christmas headlights, ugly hood scoops, disgusting body kits, pink interiors, or someone asking a question not related to transmission and taking over someone elses thread THAT NEEDS TO STOP.

And where are all the moderators? Who is still an actual active moderator? Just steve? Why hasn't there been thread lockings, thread removals, warnings being issued (stop the xxxxx so so xxxxx), thread clean ups, etc. I think a new staff of moderators should be elected. I remember when i first signed up, the moderators were active and keeping this site supervised.

There has been times where Ive been close to just stop using his website and leave for good. I dont because I'm a true 318ti enthusiast. I have learned a lot from this website. I wish I could help but due to all my restrictions I can't.That's why im ranting and hoping for changes. Yes ppl hate me and thats fine. What can I do right? I'm used to it. But I dont think its fair for the new members signing up to see a lot of ppl fighting and hardly helping each other out. I mean what kind of welcoming are they getting?

There's a lot of useless threads (mostly same topics) around and it makes it hard to find the good threads sometimes because of all the retarted ones that happen to pop up first.

It's ok to have a difference of opinions. Not everyone will have the same perspective. But there's a difference between arguing/fighting and disagreeing.

There needs to be a change. What we need is...

1.) New moderators (unless the ones we have now are doing their job and active) to keep this site in top shape (thread cleaning, thread removals for same topic threads already around, warning ppl for whatever needs to be warned, closing threads if it gets out of hand, giving ppl time outs, etc)
2.) Stop thread hijacking
3.) Stop the personal fights in threads or a thread that isn't yours. TAKE IT TO PRIVATE MESSAGES (looks like maverix vs jess are front page headline right now. But it's not only just these two.)
4.) Start the helping each other out again and keeping this place a friendly place.
5.) See #4 to make new members feel welcomed and so they know this is a great website for sources/help.
6.) USING THE SEARCH! http://www.318ti.org/forum/search.php
7.) If have nothing good to say then stfu.

That's all i can say right now. There's probably other things i left out/forgot to mention.

BY THE WAY, I am aware that there's probably a lot of run-on sentences and fragment sentences in this post. And if you feel like making yourself look superior by insulting me about it...please don't. Just shut up. I wasn't trying to turn in an essay here and get a grade for it. If you still feel the need to do so, then I guess do what you gotta do to make you feel like "man." I'm not going to argue with you. Ima let it go and not try to start anything cuz then we wouldn't be trying to start these changes and already start taking a step back wouldn't we?

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
stirlsilver

Well, as a reasonably new member to this forum I can say that nothing you have said in your post is outrageous and I had figured that this forum was pretty well kept. But I could be wrong because I'm not a hugely active member here.

If these things are indeed happening, you are right, they should be stopped and fixed because it will only get worse and then people will leave.

Good on you for bringing these things up. I will keep an eye out to see if it is actually happening.
stirlsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
b.u.ti-ful

Well, your rant is all true, but that stuff does not bother me as much as the fact that people who start a thread almost never come back and post the final solution to the problem they were having.

So, most threads start with a question followed by 100 plausible answers and no resolution.

That does not make for a very useful archive.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #4
BMW_Hatchback

[ ]
BMW_Hatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
dahamler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
This Is My Rant

So there has been a lot of bull sh!t going on lately. People need to calm down and stop. There has been more b!tching and attacking each other going on rather than helping eachother. We may as well call this site bfc318ti.comorg I mean seriously, what's going on? Are people trying to measure and see who has a bigger cock around here?

Another thing, PLEASE USE THE FREAKING SEARCH SECTION! The same threads keep popping up. Threads that have been discussed a billion times. People, stop being lazy and do a search first before starting a new thread.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/search.php

Thread hijacking has been going on a lot too. I got banned for a whole f*cking year cuz I "hijacked" a thread. But yet, I seen ppl hijack more than 1 thread. Not only they hijack a thread, but they completely ruin someone elses thread because ppl are arguing with each other on someone elses thread. But do they get a slap on the wrist? Do they get timed out for a few days? No! But I don't care about that. What I do care is that if there's a thread going on about...lets say "need tranny swap" we got a royal rumble going on out of no where and ppl start arguing about christmas headlights, ugly hood scoops, disgusting body kits, pink interiors, or someone asking a question not related to transmission and taking over someone elses thread THAT NEEDS TO STOP.

And where are all the moderators? Who is still an actual active moderator? Just steve? Why hasn't there been thread lockings, thread removals, warnings being issued (stop the xxxxx so so xxxxx), thread clean ups, etc. I think a new staff of moderators should be elected. I remember when i first signed up, the moderators were active and keeping this site supervised.

There has been times where Ive been close to just stop using his website and leave for good. I dont because I'm a true 318ti enthusiast. I have learned a lot from this website. I wish I could help but due to all my restrictions I can't.That's why im ranting and hoping for changes. Yes ppl hate me and thats fine. What can I do right? I'm used to it. But I dont think its fair for the new members signing up to see a lot of ppl fighting and hardly helping each other out. I mean what kind of welcoming are they getting?

There's a lot of useless threads (mostly same topics) around and it makes it hard to find the good threads sometimes because of all the retarted ones that happen to pop up first.

It's ok to have a difference of opinions. Not everyone will have the same perspective. But there's a difference between arguing/fighting and disagreeing.

There needs to be a change. What we need is...

1.) New moderators (unless the ones we have now are doing their job and active) to keep this site in top shape (thread cleaning, thread removals for same topic threads already around, warning ppl for whatever needs to be warned, closing threads if it gets out of hand, giving ppl time outs, etc)
2.) Stop thread hijacking
3.) Stop the personal fights in threads or a thread that isn't yours. TAKE IT TO PRIVATE MESSAGES (looks like maverix vs jess are front page headline right now. But it's not only just these two.)
4.) Start the helping each other out again and keeping this place a friendly place.
5.) See #4 to make new members feel welcomed and so they know this is a great website for sources/help.
6.) USING THE SEARCH! http://www.318ti.org/forum/search.php
7.) If have nothing good to say then stfu.

That's all i can say right now. There's probably other things i left out/forgot to mention.

BY THE WAY, I am aware that there's probably a lot of run-on sentences and fragment sentences in this post. And if you feel like making yourself look superior by insulting me about it...please don't. Just shut up. I wasn't trying to turn in an essay here and get a grade for it. If you still feel the need to do so, then I guess do what you gotta do to make you feel like "man." I'm not going to argue with you. Ima let it go and not try to start anything cuz then we wouldn't be trying to start these changes and already start taking a step back wouldn't we?
This is a public forum and I enjoy the unique personalities here, its all in good fun.
OP you should apply point 7 to this thread.
dahamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
thesk8nmidget

its the internet. people have differences and people fight. it should be kept public but it isnt.

this is also a forum people will get off topic all the time. they shouldnt but thats just life.

maybe some people should be banned and some people should stop fighting. maybe we could ask for world peace and actually get it?

some people may say rude things just to say them.

i know you cant say you are innocent when it comes to being fair or not fighting back!

but maybe this time you will turn your act around and follow the things you are saying.

or maybe once some one says something to you, you will fight back in the public forum and not in private messages.
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #7
spidertri

Vehicles

I 100% agree that people need to search before posting. It really seems that lately there have been tons of threads that can be answered by a few minutes of searching. Oh well, what can you do.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #8
HuGo

I realize that i have done my share in the past. But we all grow up right.

And yea it hasnt been to long ago that I was talking sh!t to tifreak and maverix but I have also done it through PM and not in every thread they appear in. And it really is getting out of hand. I myself am going to stop all that. I will always give my opinions whether its good or bad. But i will stop talking "sh!t" per say.

Yea its a public forum and ppl will even do it on purpose (I'm guilty of it) and do and say what they want. Sometimes when i say things I say it in a different way where someone can take it to an offense. I had a talk with steve about that. And harold tells me all the time. I make it sound and put more emphasis than it really needs to be. Example...why would you do that? Instead sometimes i say it like...why the f*ck would you even do that? But i really am just saying why would you do that? Some ppl take it to offense and that's where we start a 1v1 battle between me and whoever.

Anyway, we just need a change and better the site again. Not saying is bad, but its getting bad. And yes there's a lot of information around stirlsilver never said there wasnt. Mostly on older threads. But the newer threads have become more of sh!t talking than more helping.

Just my opinion i guess.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
angel318ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post

but maybe this time you will turn your act around and follow the things you are saying.

or maybe once some one says something to you, you will fight back in the public forum and not in private messages.
Yup, you took the words out of my mouth. people will have opinions and some are not used to hearing someone's point of view.
angel318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #10
trickiekid

Hugo, this is the most intelligent post i think i have ever read from you. I agree whole heartedly.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #11
96cali

Honestly, I have not noticed a serious issue and I'm on here 5 days a week at least. By and large the annoyances are small and limited to "anyone tell me about head lights?" kind of posts- things that could be dealt with by a search.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:16 AM   #12
elchicano

Someone said something like this before
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchicano318ti View Post
Hello hows everyone doing today? Just asking as this thread has been slow, well actually the entire forum seems slow now. It's basically alot of mindless arguing going back and forth. haha Just got out of class and on the way home my check engine light came on. So now i have to go to autozone and rent a code reader gotta see what the Ti has now. It doesn't sound different, i just hope it's nothing.

Oh yea people just get along
Anyways yeah the argueing has gone way too far. I remember when i got here people were more chilled out and not everyone had to voice their opinion. Yes i can go ahead and talk bad about someones car or ideas but i don't instead i keep my mouth shut, or in this case i don't type my opinion. There's no need to say anything negative your just throwing more gas to the fire.With that said LETS GET ALONG

oh yeah if you want to talk about meaningless things go to the off topic thread. Like that there's no more threads being hijacked. Also the search button is your friend not your enemy, so use it.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
stirlsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
Sometimes when i say things I say it in a different way where someone can take it to an offense. I had a talk with steve about that. And harold tells me all the time. I make it sound and put more emphasis than it really needs to be. Example...why would you do that? Instead sometimes i say it like...why the f*ck would you even do that? But i really am just saying why would you do that? Some ppl take it to offense and that's where we start a 1v1 battle between me and whoever.
Perhaps a declaration in your signature would help prevent this misunderstanding from happening
stirlsilver is offline   Reply With Quote