318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Misc

Notices

Misc Does not fit in any of the forums below.

» Recent Threads
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 351,317 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
evalha007

Default Doors lock/unlock on their own!!!!! HELP.

Awhile back I had the driver side interior door panel off. After I put it back on, I noticed that when I shut my drivers side door, the power locks activate.

Even when the car is just sitting the locks often lock or unlock by themselves, and sometimes, it will run down the battery to where I can't start the car.

Often when I hit a bump, the power locks activate, it also happens randomly, and almost always when I shut the door while getting in to the car. This is driving me insane. Also, I have to start my car before shutting the door, because if I shut the door first the locks will activate, then: my car won't start for a good 5 minutes, the windows won't roll down, and the door won't open. The only way out of the car is to wait a few minutes until the windows start working again, and then reach out of the window and unlock the door from the outside.

Also, if the windows or sunroof are open/down, they will start closing, even when the power locks aren't activating. It would seem that the car thinks that the key is being turned clockwise in the lock when it isn't... so I guess it's my lock cylinder?

Things I have tried:

I have WD40'd the locks and all reachable mechanical parts related to the locks inside the door. I have disconnected both dome light sensors (I heard a rumor that might work; it didn't) I have checked my fuses. This happens when the door panel is off too, so it isn't the panel pushing down on the manual lock.
Silver 98 318ti Standard trans, Sport Package: 16" Stock Wheels, Foglamps, Sunroof, Heated Leather Seats, Bilstein performance shocks, OEM Sach's clutch kit, Dunlop SP Sport A2 225/50/16 tires, Alpine CDA 7894, Dual Rockford Fosgate 12" subs, Rockford Fosgate Amp, Leather Armrest, Replaced M44 engine with only 40k on it!
http://www.geocities.com/evalha/bmwsmaller.JPG
evalha007 is offline   Reply With Quote