318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Track, Auto-X & Drag Racing

Notices

Track, Auto-X & Drag Racing Discuss "organized" racing, car set-ups, driving techniques, track tips, events, driving schools, maintenance and more.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 95,680 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 58,618 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 56,040 Views
M50+manual swap bastard...
03-01-2024 11:00 PM
Last post by Andy318
03-18-2024 02:34 PM
3 Replies, 130,941 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-27-2008, 04:45 AM   #1
30yrMbr

Vehicles
Default Driving School and Car Control Clinic is SoCal.

This is an open invite to any 318Ti.org member who can make it out to Willow Springs ("The Fastest Road in the West") on either Saturday or Sunday May 31 & June 1.

The BMW CCA LA Chapter is putting on two one day driving schools at Willow Springs. Any Ti owner who shows up on either day is guaranteed a ride around the track by one of the instructors on hand.

The LA Chapter has been running track schools at Willow Springs, Laguna Seca and California Speedway for the last 3 decades and we have some fun at it. Want to come by, see what goes on, sit in on a classroom session if you like and get some rides around the Big Track at Willow, just show up, bring a helmet if you have one, or we have some loaners.

I am one of the co-Registrars for the event, and an Instructor as well, so you can be assured of an "E" ticket ride in an instructors car (I'll have two there), if you show up.

Willow Springs is about 4 miles west of Hwy 14 at Rosamond offramp. You will be charged $10 to enter the racetrack, but that is all that is involved, besides signing some waivers and getting some wrist bands to put on.

Come on out and see what we teach at the Driving School and get a ride or two.

Roger (aka 30yrMbr).

http://www.318ti.org/gallery/data/54...27_clipped.jpg
30yrMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:11 AM   #2
Marv17

hmm... id be down to go. just got to see how far it is exactly though, haha. but i dont have any type of experience of tracking, is that alright? oh and i have an automatic... ... dont know if thats a downfall or limitation.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:25 AM   #3
the governor

Roger
I'm very interested in a driving day. Are there any other days this summer or fall, I need a little lead time to adjust my schedule.
Thanks
Noah
Old 05-27-2008, 06:55 AM   #4
Marv17

noah. if you can go, i might be able to on sunday.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
thesk8nmidget

sweet sounds fun!! wish i was closer
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
30yrMbr

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by the governor View Post
Roger
I'm very interested in a driving day. Are there any other days this summer or fall, I need a little lead time to adjust my schedule.
Thanks
Noah
Noah,

We are having another school at California Speedway (aka AAA Speedway) the end of September, Saturday & Sunday 27 and 28th. Keep a eye open for the opening of registration on the LA Chapter's website (www.bmwclubLA.ora).

San Diego Chapter is putting on a Driving School July 19 & 20 at Buttonwillow Raceway Park. It is about 2 1/2 hours from Orange County, off of I-5 at Lerdo Hwy.

Hope this helps your planning.

Roger

Old 05-28-2008, 12:23 AM   #7
30yrMbr

Vehicles
Default Auto at the Track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
hmm... id be down to go. just got to see how far it is exactly though, haha. but i dont have any type of experience of tracking, is that alright? oh and i have an automatic... ... dont know if thats a downfall or limitation.
Marv;

You automatic is fine to drive out to Willow Springs to see what's going on at at Driver School. We are not accepting any more applications to enter the school, I was just wondering if anyone out here wanted to come see, and get a ride or two in an instructors car.

For your info, the CCA schools are geared to the novice, we have a higher percentage of first timers in our schools than not. Any car is acceptable, auto or manual, except for convertibles.

Come on out, check it out, and maybe you would like to try one in the future.

Roger

Old 02-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #8
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_9 View Post
Hello,

Thanks for sharing such a useful post, one of my friend wants to learn driving and she is looking for cheap driving courses, could you please tell me any online traffic courses.

Regards,
sarah_9
This is for performance driving and advanced car control. A lot of BMWCCA chapters do offer "learn to drive" type courses for teenagers, those are more of a defensive driving and basic techniques, and are usually taught on a skid pad, not a track.

If anybody has the opportunity to go to this you really should check it out. Just realize that it is very addicting and it will suck your wallet dry... If anybody in the east coast wants to experience this type of thing I instruct at Florida courses(Sebring, PBIR, Roebling) and can do ride alongs for the right coasters.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote