318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exhausts

Notices

Exhausts Aftermarket exhaust discussions.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,006,112 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
Chris F.

Default Supersprint dual tip & 323ti diffuser

Did a search but couldn't find anything definitive....

Can anyone confirm/deny if a dual-tip supersprint (dual 76mm pipes) will fit with an un-modified 323ti rear diffuser? Is 51 12 2 496 320 the correct part number? Shown here.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Chris F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
thesk8nmidget

i would see if you can even find a diffuser. they are pretty much not available anymore.

might help you save time.
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
mohaughn

I just cut up my rear bumper because I got tired of the stromung rubbing on the track and melting the plastic. Looks like crap, but no more smelling like burning crap...
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #4
Chris F.

I don't think I want the hassle.

Was going to settle for a single tip supersprint (aluminized version), but now I can't even find those available (not shown @ BMP or Tuner, Bimmerworld doesn't have it available, TC Kline stopped carrying it, etc).

Anyone heard an ansa sport? I'm looking for something only slightly louder than stock...supersprint would have been perfect. Would prefer to spend < $500.
Chris F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:11 AM   #5
ATF

BMP and Turner both offer the Supersprint. However Supersprint stopped making a dedicated ti catback, and made an adapter pipe that can be purchased along with a supersprint exhaust of your choice (assuming it fits) and gets welded/clamped on. Then bolts up. But that's >$500 IIRC.

Stromung is being sold for a little over $500 shipped @ understeer.com

Remus is available @ BavAuto (I believe this is a catback, but no where does it actually confirm that) But that's >$600

Ansa's are partially steel arent they? I haven't seen any gripes about them, but I haven't seen anyone boast about them.

BMWCCA #403399
2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 6-Speed
Loaded
2001 325xi, Winter Package, 5-Speed
Traded
1998 318ti, Active, Automatic, TOTAL LOSS R.I.P. 10/20/08
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
ATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #6
thesk8nmidget

i have the ansa.

came on my car when i bought it.

it is a little louder than my old stock ti and i am happy with it.

it isnt my first choice but i have chose to keep it and no go to another brand.
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #7
Will'sBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F. View Post
Did a search but couldn't find anything definitive....

Can anyone confirm/deny if a dual-tip supersprint (dual 76mm pipes) will fit with an un-modified 323ti rear diffuser? Is 51 12 2 496 320 the correct part number? Shown here.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

I can deny this. I have a supersprint exhaust with dual tips. The rear bumper had to be cut in order for the pipes to fit. But it is not like you have to cut a huge hole. And there is a thread on here that explains how to make the bumper look OEM again. Let me find it.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...lastic+welding
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #8
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
BMP and Turner both offer the Supersprint. However Supersprint stopped making a dedicated ti catback, and made an adapter pipe that can be purchased along with a supersprint exhaust of your choice (assuming it fits) and gets welded/clamped on. Then bolts up. But that's >$500 IIRC.

Stromung is being sold for a little over $500 shipped @ understeer.com

Remus is available @ BavAuto (I believe this is a catback, but no where does it actually confirm that) But that's >$600

Ansa's are partially steel arent they? I haven't seen any gripes about them, but I haven't seen anyone boast about them.
Supersprint NA(which is BMP) no longer carries any supersprint muffler for the Ti, nor do they import them any longer. If you find one, it is old stock that was imported in early 2007 or before...

Stromung no longer makes the Ti muffler either. The groupbuy last year was the last chance to get one, so again, if you find one, it has been sitting around for awhile. As understeer did not stock them and would just dropship them direct from Stromung I think you will have to find a used stromung if you want one.

Ansa's will rust... They are not completely stainless like the high end supersprint or stromung.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #9
ATF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
Supersprint NA(which is BMP) no longer carries any supersprint muffler for the Ti, nor do they import them any longer. If you find one, it is old stock that was imported in early 2007 or before...

Stromung no longer makes the Ti muffler either. The groupbuy last year was the last chance to get one, so again, if you find one, it has been sitting around for awhile. As understeer did not stock them and would just dropship them direct from Stromung I think you will have to find a used stromung if you want one.

Ansa's will rust... They are not completely stainless like the high end supersprint or stromung.
http://www.bmpdesign.com/category-ex...earch_model/52

http://www.understeer.com/onlinestore-exhaust.shtml

They're both for sale still though? I dont get it I guess

Also, is he looking to use a new diffuser? So that he doesn't have to modify his current?

BMWCCA #403399
2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 6-Speed
Loaded
2001 325xi, Winter Package, 5-Speed
Traded
1998 318ti, Active, Automatic, TOTAL LOSS R.I.P. 10/20/08
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
ATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #10
mohaughn

No clue why they still show that, unless they started carrying it again. Best to give them a call.. That is silly expensive though...

They used to show a few other mufflers and when I called about those, they told me they were not in stock any longer.