318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 991,213 Views
  Share/Bookmark

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2006, 03:33 PM   #1
gambit

Default Flashing lights in footwell!

Hi to all,

Really could do with some help on this as I don think it warrants a BMW service which would be costly.

Basically I recently bought a 318ti (3d Auto yr 2000) and whilst driving as normal the footwell lights underneath the driver's and front passenger feet begin to come on and off randomly. Sometimes the light stays on for longer and other times just bliknks quickly. The problem is this only happens at certain times during a route hence I thought this was a warning of some kind about my driving or the road condition.

For example two days after I purchased it I was driving down a pitch black coutry road which had windy roads and man made speed bumps. The footwell lights began to flas on and off sporadically (in that there was no repeatable pattern evident). The unusual thing is that this stopped once I was driving on city roads again and actually occured again when I drove down that stretch of coutry road a few hours later! It appeared as though it had something to do with the road but now I'm not sure as this has been happening on normal roads on random occasions.

Please help...i need to know if this a telltale warning or light or more simply just an electrical fault. Im sure someone has experienced this. Many thanks to all.

Regards,

Gambit
gambit is offline   Reply With Quote