318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 999,578 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-23-2008, 04:53 AM   #1
teetime4one

Vehicles
Default Visitation with my son....

as some of you know...i have been to Oregon to attend court in order to establish visitation with my son Jordan. the judge ordered me to return to Oregon to have "visitation on his turf prior to being allowed to travel to Colorado for visits on my turf."
the judge suggested that i come back to Oregon two times before he makes his decision.
so, that's what i did.

now the sh!tty part....
i have mediation with my sons mother on Friday (the 25th) in order to come up with a set schedule for him to come here.
i talked to his mother...she thinks every other X-mas and two weeks during the summer is sufficient. THAT'S NOT SUFFICIENT! THAT'S INSULTING!!!
so, i went online and looked at his school schedule to see when he is off...and this is what i am asking for...
5 days at spring break
5 days at winter break with him at my place every other X-mas
60 days during summer break

that's 70 days a year....she'll have him for 295
am i asking for too much?
she thinks so...and she plans to fight it out so that i only get the 19 days per year that she thinks IS SUFFICIENT.

IS IT JUST ME OR IS THAT FCUKIN' WACK?

thanks for listening to me rant,
Sean

P.S. the judge will decide when we can't reach an agreement at mediation.
that's when i'll ask for 182 days a year and let him decide when my son should be here with me and his step-mother. i'll bet a dollar to a dog turd i get more then the 19 days she thinks i should have. lol

Sean
1995 Active
teetime4one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:07 AM   #2
elchicano

I think what your asking for is fair. Many guys out there wouldn't even bother and they would ditch the kids. Your ex should appreciate your efforts, if i was you fight it. 19 days is nothing, but yea keep us updated.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:14 AM   #3
BakeR318

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchicano318ti View Post
I think what your asking for is fair. Many guys out there wouldn't even bother and they would ditch the kids. Your ex should appreciate your efforts, if i was you fight it. 19 days is nothing, but yea keep us updated.
+1...definitely fight for it man. I don't know the circumstances, but you seem to be a good guy and theres no obvious reason why you shouldn't be able to see your kid more than 19 days a year.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #4
96cali

Unless you were deemed unfit guardian at some point, had drug issues, arrests, etc I would think you're respect for the court and determination to have him be part of your life would get you the time you want. Maybe stipulate he will have his own room, fixed up well, has cousins there, how you can enroll him in activities there, etc? Spend some time thinking about how you would advance his life right now, as if he were with you long term. That may help spawn ideas that will impress a judge.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
larryn

I hope you get what you what. Being without my kids would rip my heart out, regardless of marriage status.

Either way, we don't have all the facts that the judge has at his/her disposal, and I can only hope that the judge makes a sound and fair judgement for all three parties involved (most of all, fair to your son).
larryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #6
teetime4one

Vehicles

thanks for the support regarding this issue.
i am doing all i can do to ensure that the courts will be satisfied with every effort i'm making in regards to my son. i have made plans for him to attend a summer swim camp at the local fitness center. i would also like to get him into hockey...i played as a kid and it was a blast! i think he'd like it.
the reasoning behind his mothers idea that 14 days during the summer is adequate...he'll be in baseball from February 2nd (try-outs) 'til about August 14th.
then he starts football right around the start of the school year.

i talked to my son before i made my 70 day request to her...he stated that he wanted to spend his entire summer break here with me and my wife.
shouldn't that count for something?
im not pressuring him at all...i only want what's best for him...and he'll have an open airline ticket if he feels that he would rather be at home with his mom.
i've dotted all of my I's and crossed all of mt T's...
i'm just 100% insulted to no end with this womans disrespect for me and my wife....19 days!
thanks again for the thoughts and words of advice.

Sean
1995 Active
Old 01-23-2008, 04:44 PM   #7
thesk8nmidget

hey sean i completely agree you should get a hell of a lot more than even 90 days.

the only thing that does make it hard is the fact you live a thousands miles away.

i know when i was growing up my parents divorced and it would be about 50/50 then as time went by it would be just whomever i felt i wanted to spend time with i would. im glad my parents got over the whole deal and are now very talkative because they shared 3 children. they did eventually realize that they needed to do whats best for the kids not for themselves.

i think the ex needs to have a reality check and start realizing its not all about her! a kid needs a mother and a father! and since 50/50 isnt very possible because of school. it should be made up for as much as possible. your son wants the summer with you and some time during his school breaks then he should have it!

women are crazy Sean you gotta power over them and keep fighting for whats best for the kids. and i hope she too can do that! she just needs to get over her big power trip of i want want want! and start asking her own child maybe what he wants for once!

keep me updated and feel free to shoot me a pm anytime.
i think you have my number too.

-Josh
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #8
L84THSKY

I've been through all this myself. A few facts may help shed light on the circumstances. How long have you been separated/divorced, is she remarried yet, ? My ex wanted to make my life miserable for sending her back to the states, when we lived in Germany. Until a woman gets over the bitterness, and moves on, you will suffer for her behavior. When my ex finally remarried, the new husband told her to leave me alone, it just adds aggravation on him.

First the ex tries to stop you from spending time with your child, then they can't wait for you to take them of her hands.

Time may work everything out. As long as you have been a good father, the judge will NOT give you less, than you deserve.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:16 PM   #9
b.u.ti-ful

Hey teetime, as a completely disinterested party, I think what you are asking for is totally normal, sane and sound. I don't see why a judge wouldn't think so too.

Then again, she has to make sure the kid gets to school every day while you pluck the cherry dates when its all play time!

You'll probably send him home with tats and a hockey haircut.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:37 AM   #10
cali-ti
aka Stabby

hopefully something more equitable can be achieved that will allow you to spend quality time with your son. i don't believe 19 days/year is enough. if she was willing to put herself in your shoes, i'm guessing she'd see that, but probably doesn't want to.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:01 AM   #11
teetime4one

Vehicles

lol...that last one kills me! thanks b.u.ti-ful

i'm so very thankful for everyone who has taken the time to offer me helpful words of wisdom and advise.
i stick to my guns on this one guys...my son is 11 and is absolutely heartbroken each time i leave Oregon.
there is no reason for me to believe that a court would lean towards her idea that 19 days a year is sufficient.
i am a stable man....married, 35K a year at work, good health...and not a threat to my son or his well being.
well see what happens on friday.

Sean
1995 Active
Old 01-24-2008, 04:27 AM   #12
thesk8nmidget

no worries bro this will work out in your favor!
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:46 AM   #13
teetime4one

Vehicles

right on

Sean
1995 Active
Old 01-24-2008, 05:45 AM   #14
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

When my parents got divorced they agreed on 50/50 visitation. That worked out well for them (single one week, parents the next) but made it awful for myself and sister. Remember that your son is doing a lot of social development during these years and think about how spending the entire summer away from his school mates and friends is going to be for him.

You ex is going after child support, that's why she wants to limit your visitation time. More time with son=less child support. It sucks, you'll probably have to pay if you aren't already, but it's part of being a father. People can get very emotional about money and it's hard for a young person to comprehend that, don't get kids involved with child support, it gets ugly.

When I was 13 I was able to pick who I wanted to live with. It was an easy choice for me. So, no matter what happens, remember that eventually it will be up to your son.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:33 AM   #15
teetime4one

Vehicles

good call Dusten...
i do pay child support...to the tune of $700.00 per month.
i have done this for 11 years....and i still only ask for 70 days a year...no cut in support.
i too had parents that divorced...i had a hard time going to stay with my dad because he didn't pay my mother support.
so, i know how it all works.
right on

Sean
1995 Active