318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 100,872 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 63,823 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 61,041 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-26-2006, 04:43 AM   #16
cali-ti
aka Stabby

gee ... how about taking it to the supermarket or wherever you found it and letting them know you found some money (don't need to say how much) and if anyone comes seeking it to give them your number? the person who lost it might very well need it.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:46 AM   #17
HuGo

it wasnt left inside the store, it was in the parking lot. The workers arent going to care being that it wasnt inside the store. It was outside premises, you get jacked, thats it. Seriously, i doubt anyone would walk inside the store and say they found money. Maybe yes a wallet, not monye, and not a stash like that. The people from store might take it themselves since is no wallet. Im either giving it to red cross or my friend he really needs to pay for his college.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:56 AM   #18
cali-ti
aka Stabby

that's why i said to tell them that you found some (not telling them the amount will mean if someone does come looking, they would have to know how much it was). are you telling me that no one else in the world would make an effort to give the person who lost it a chance to claim it? yeah right. interesting that you'd likely take a wallet into the store, but not do anything with a big wad of money. the difference it what? if you lost $2500, wouldn't you like someone to provide the store where you lost it with info on how you could claim it?

maybe it's just me ...
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:59 AM   #19
HuGo

or maybe i just want my friend to be able to get his education also.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:01 AM   #20
AlaskaBlue

It a pretty good start...it puts you a lot closer than before.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:36 AM   #21
Juni

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI
2,500 isnt enough for a sc
It's a good start though!
Old 03-26-2006, 06:31 AM   #22
bmwracerchick

wow....what happened to morals....

First of all, I worked for a grocery store, anything like that which was found in the parking lot was brought into the office. In this case we would put that money into a envelope with the name and phone number of the person who found it. if after 30 days that money is given to the person who found it. Seeing how it was $2,500 someone is going to go balistic looking for that money. Sure they were careless to lose it and maybe shouldnt be allowed to carry money that they lose but wouldnt you want someone to turn that in if found? People still try to see if someone turns those things in anyways. If you do decided to donate it (which you should seeing how you found it) put it into maybe the breat cancer fund, or towards the childrens hospital, not your friend.

That is just my 2 cents. at least your thinking of using the money for something good and not selfish.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:21 AM   #23
96cali

If no one claimed it after two weeks I would have no problem putting it into something responsible (cc debt, daughters college fund, etc). Chances are they came asking (or will) inside 48 hours. That's a lot of money- I'd at least try to find it's owner. Would suck if it's a drug dealer, billionaire, etc.

So are my morals questionable?

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:33 AM   #24
durnadupa

You could always donate it to me, I need to pay for college too you know...

But seriously, put yourself in that person's shoes. Say you lost $2,500, would you not go crazy looking for it? I would pray to god someone with some decent morality turned it in and I would be able to get it back... And you would do the same.

Donate it to Endangered Animals if anything, it's our fault they're dying out. Stupid humans...
durnadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #25
HuGo

sorry, i kinda took the advice before it was posted and i went to the hospital and gave it to them. I told him i wanted that money, although its only 2gs, i want them to use it on new born infants. You know when they need to be inside those clear beds cuz they cant breathe or sort. I told them i want that money to be used on those babies with the medicines they need. If the owner really needed it, those babies really really need it to. The babise get 2 extra reallys and the owner just one really.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 03-26-2006, 10:03 AM   #26
stormos

i had a freind once that had a similiar thing happen. he found a large diamond ring though that belonged to some rich guy. he gave it in and the gentlement who claimed it gave him a few grand as a thank you.

what a result that was....
Mods: • Magnex Cat-Back Exhaust • Smoked Corner Lights + Repeators • M3 17" Wheels • De-Baffled Air Box • AC HandBrake Handle and Gear Knob • DEPO Euro Epsiloids + Predator Chronium Rings • Chrome Interior bits •IE Poly-Urethane RSFMs • Kenwood Power Series Audio • Powder Coated e36 325 Front Callipers • Sports Seats
stormos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #27
lkwd318ti

wow man...that was a cool move.
Now THAT was unselfish hehe...
I just hope that the money you found wasn't someone's life savings...

-Randy
Now Featuring:318ti.org sticker Now featuring: Hartge exhaust|Blacked out Grilles|Front Clear Corners or Ambers depending on how I feel|325is vented front brakes|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcment plates|16" Style 45s|17" E46 M68 rims|18" Authentic Hartge Classics C|OEM M135 ZHP wheels
and
99 Titan Silver 323is Dinan S1+few more mods
Coming sometime in the future:...SCed 2.1...new (to me) car mod maybe?...all in one car
lkwd318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #28
HuGo

im not a b*tch like people think... Internet and person is 2 different things. You tell me randy, was i a b*tch when i met you? Did i even look like a person that shows off? Lol if i wanted to "show off" i woulda rolled in with the neon lights on, although i know i would get negative feedback but it would be like me saying, hey turn and look at meh

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 03-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #29
johnnycpoc

They might be counterfit
johnnycpoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:19 PM   #30
halek

good for you Hugo