318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Wheels and Tires

Notices

Wheels and Tires Discussion of different brands of tires, sizes and wheels.

» Recent Threads
1997 manual 318TI M...
05-13-2024 09:38 AM
Last post by angwydwagon
05-13-2024 09:38 AM
0 Replies, 1,514 Views
View Poll Results: what color should I powder coat my style 5's?
Matte black centers, Gloss black lips, black/gold BBS caps, Gold bolts 21 72.41%
Gold centers, Gold BBS caps, Polished lips, Gold bolts 8 27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-26-2009, 05:56 AM   #106
wolferj-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Breakfast of champions James
Funny, I thought it was red wine and skittles! Must be a SoCal thing...

Quote:
Never seen BBS caps in violet/purple before, perhaps we can make you a blingin set using purple rhinestones
Fine, I'll just have to settle for silver to match my bolts...
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:30 AM   #107
Stephen027

I'm just going to leave this here. Very possibly the best non-stretched fitment ive EVER seen.

..and whats this about a type R badge?
Stephen027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:15 AM   #108
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

The widebody won't be very aggressive. As of right now, they don't rub! But that's just pushing it back and forth in the garage, I'm sure the tires will rub over bumps. The widebody that I'm fabricating should look exactly like an e30 M3 and the fitment should be pretty close to the same, only the bottom half of the tire won't be sticking out.

The typeR badge was an old joke between me and a couple of the members. I'll sport one for a month or so once the cars running. It'll come off once it goes in for paint though
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #109
bimmerboy16

idk if you already said but, what tires are those?
bimmerboy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:49 AM   #110
cooljess76

235/40/17 Yokohama Advan A032 Compound "S"
Old 10-29-2009, 03:28 AM   #111
Jean H.318TI

i know as soon as ur done with ur whole project ur car is going to be in like 2 or 3 mags for sure
Old 10-29-2009, 03:37 AM   #112
Marv17

jesse... i may be wanting a copy/mold of your widebody kit.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #113
lazoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
jesse... i may be wanting a copy/mold of your widebody kit.
Me too!!

1984 BMW 323i E30 BAUR (Euro)
1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
lazoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #114
marko

boy, that looks bad ass... love the tires too. wait, are those street legal? LOL
EDIT: nevermind.. just read it.. Yokos. LOL

anyway, what did I miss?? what happened to the car? thought you swapped a long time ago...

Quote:
Thanks Marko, wheels are currently on the car with tires already mounted.

No man-boobs for me yet Brendan
/DASC w.3' pulley @ 15psi/SNOW System/3.45 LSD/Billstein PSS coils
/Stromung Exhaust/DS1's/X-Brace/Front & Rear H&R Sways/OMP 300mm SW
/SAP delete/ASC+T delete/Hayabusa valve springs/MM's LTW flywheel

Last edited by marko; 10-30-2009 at 12:05 AM.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:39 AM   #115
cooljess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
boy, that looks bad ass... love the tires too. wait, are those street legal? LOL
EDIT: nevermind.. just read it.. Yokos. LOL

anyway, what did I miss?? what happened to the car? thought you swapped a long time ago...
Yeah, the Yoko's are DOT, but I personally don't want to waste them on the street. They're the soft compound, so I'd be lucky to get 10k miles out of them. That's why I'm looking for another set of wheels and tires for daily use. As for the motor swap, it's been going on for a year now. Basically I went OCD and rebuilt the motor with new gaskets(front & rear crank seals, timing cover, oil filter housing, valve cover, vanos, exhaust manifold, intake manifold, all orings and crush washers etc), M50 manifold, ASC delete, Stg2 flywheel/M5 clutch combo, B&M SSK, Dinan tuned ECU, shaved all of the casting burrs and maufacturer defects from the engine and polished the whole thing, wrapped the headers, replaced all of the old hardware with shiny new stuff, swapped over a bunch of stuff from my M3 chassis, cluster, ews, alarm system, steering linkage(might swap over steering column for tilt steering), slave cylinder w/SS clutch line, replaced most of the brake/ABS system with upgraded parts such as SS lines, M3 calipers, Zimmermann rotors. Installed a bad ass e28 3.46 LSD with an e30 cover and e30 halfshafts that I rebuilt the CV joints and installed new boots onto. Did a bunch of other small stuff like shimming the ABS sensors to accomodate the e30 half shafts, shaved all of the extra M44 brackets from the engine compartment, all new high performance fluids, installed new ball joints, tie rods and bushings, installed an x-brace, relocated battery, installed Bilstein sport/H&R race(Z3 rear, M3 front), M3 A/C lines, fuel pressure regulator, power steering reservior, driveshafts, washer fluid reservior etc. Everything was cleaned, degreased and/or rebuilt. It's crazy! Gonna be a completely different car and it's all going to be done before I drive it, lol. Waiting on my new alternator which should be here today or tomorrow, picking up a new CF hood this week as well. Still need to shorten my Rogue Engineering DMS catback. Also need to purchase and install the Ireland Engineering rear camber kit. Tons of work, but when it's done, I promise it'll be the ultimate swapped ti
Old 10-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #116
Kilijan

Quote:
Installed a bad ass e28 3.46 LSD with an e30 cover and e30 halfshafts that I rebuilt the CV joints and installed new boots onto.
No MZ3 diff cover? I would like to see how your wide body turns out. I've been wanting to do an e30 M3 style wide body on the ti.
Kilijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:23 AM   #117
cooljess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilijan View Post
No MZ3 diff cover? I would like to see how your wide body turns out. I've been wanting to do an e30 M3 style wide body on the ti.
nah, I've seen too many of them cracked and damaged from hanging too low. The e30 cover still has a heatsink and it worked fine on e30's and 2.8L Z3's The back of my car sits really low, almost as low as the front, because I'm running H&R race springs for the 1.9L Z3 in the rear. If you look at other Ti's with H&R race springs for the 318ti, they have a lot of rake, meaning the rear sits much higher than the front. Mine is almost level. Since our diffs are mounted to the chassis instead of housed on the axle as persay a jeep or truck, it's position in relation to the wheel hubs changes. Full compression of the suspension won't allow it to scrape the ground, but if there's any inconsistancies in the roadway, ie; uneven pavement, bumps or debris, the MZ3 diff cover hangs directly in the path.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:44 AM   #118
marko

fcuk me, thats great stuff! more pisc of the process, please...

subscribed.

Quote:
Yeah, the Yoko's are DOT, but I personally don't want to waste them on the street. They're the soft compound, so I'd be lucky to get 10k miles out of them. That's why I'm looking for another set of wheels and tires for daily use. As for the motor swap, it's been going on for a year now. Basically I went OCD and rebuilt the motor with new gaskets(front & rear crank seals, timing cover, oil filter housing, valve cover, vanos, exhaust manifold, intake manifold, all orings and crush washers etc), M50 manifold, ASC delete, Stg2 flywheel/M5 clutch combo, B&M SSK, Dinan tuned ECU, shaved all of the casting burrs and maufacturer defects from the engine and polished the whole thing, wrapped the headers, replaced all of the old hardware with shiny new stuff, swapped over a bunch of stuff from my M3 chassis, cluster, ews, alarm system, steering linkage(might swap over steering column for tilt steering), slave cylinder w/SS clutch line, replaced most of the brake/ABS system with upgraded parts such as SS lines, M3 calipers, Zimmermann rotors. Installed a bad ass e28 3.46 LSD with an e30 cover and e30 halfshafts that I rebuilt the CV joints and installed new boots onto. Did a bunch of other small stuff like shimming the ABS sensors to accomodate the e30 half shafts, shaved all of the extra M44 brackets from the engine compartment, all new high performance fluids, installed new ball joints, tie rods and bushings, installed an x-brace, relocated battery, installed Bilstein sport/H&R race(Z3 rear, M3 front), M3 A/C lines, fuel pressure regulator, power steering reservior, driveshafts, washer fluid reservior etc. Everything was cleaned, degreased and/or rebuilt. It's crazy! Gonna be a completely different car and it's all going to be done before I drive it, lol. Waiting on my new alternator which should be here today or tomorrow, picking up a new CF hood this week as well. Still need to shorten my Rogue Engineering DMS catback. Also need to purchase and install the Ireland Engineering rear camber kit. Tons of work, but when it's done, I promise it'll be the ultimate swapped ti
/DASC w.3' pulley @ 15psi/SNOW System/3.45 LSD/Billstein PSS coils
/Stromung Exhaust/DS1's/X-Brace/Front & Rear H&R Sways/OMP 300mm SW
/SAP delete/ASC+T delete/Hayabusa valve springs/MM's LTW flywheel

Last edited by marko; 10-31-2009 at 01:48 AM.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote