318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 985,343 Views
View Poll Results: Where do you park at night?
Street 23 14.20%
Open Lot 16 9.88%
Covered Lot 3 1.85%
Driveway 67 41.36%
Covered Driveway 6 3.70%
Garage 47 29.01%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 07-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
jetblackbimmer

Default Where do you park?

I am tired of street parking and am a bit curious as to find out where everyone parks their precious Ti. Mine is on the street. Nose panel needs replaced and my hatch as well due to people bumping and denting me. Might stir up a bit of jealousy, as I know I'm jealous of anyone with a driveway.

And if you park on the street, how many parking tickets a year?

I have received over $600 in tickets plus it got towed the morning after my birthday, so + another $300. In about a year.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
bmwracerchick

I know this sounds like I might be a brat, but I refuse to park my car on the street, so my mom parks her car on the street and I park behind our pick up truck on the driveway while my dads work van is on the other part of the driveway. I wish I could park in the garage but that would be even more dangerous then the street lol
Old 07-01-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
robcarync

mix between the street and driveway...it all depends on who is leaving for work first the next morning...im usualy the last one to leave so i just park on the street so i dont block my mom in.

though lately i have been parking in the driveway because my mom has been leaving later....so my pops has driveway behind my mom and i have the otherside of the driveway....YEAH!
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #4
jetblackbimmer

OK, so far that is 2 that still live with their parents, no offense by any means, but I am just forced to park on the street because I live in a really old(for LA at least), crappy building.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #5
kelso

my neighbor had a stroke and moved to his other house so i moved his stuff around and im kinda parking on hit covered patio area...i dont want my interior fading or anything hehe. im screwed if he sells that house
kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #6
upstatenybimmer

my covered driveway is good for hiding from the weather...except for when someone leaves the lights on above your Ti and bugs get fried and divebomb your car. grr!

if I lived in town, Id probly park out of town and walk home just so I dont have to park my Ti on a busy street.

I get annoyed when I see someone get uncomfortably close to my car when Im at work and have to park on the street, lol.
upstatenybimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:51 AM   #7
SDKmann

Im parking in the driveway. I can fit in the garage even though there is a bunch of stuff in it but my mom parks right in front of the garage door so I wouldnt be able to get out. I want to move or redo the garage so she has a place to put her huge denali and I get a spot. Right now my ti is covered in dust and flowery things from the tree next to the driveway and is open to attack from birds and envious kids.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:29 AM   #8
bmw318tiChic

I have to park my baby on the street. On occasion, I'll get to park in the driveway, but usually my parents leave for work before I do in the morning, so I have to be on the street so they can get out of the garage..
bmw318tiChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #9
Mad-Machine

I have off street parking.. technically it could be termed a "driveway" but it is more widened area of the street and encroaches on my lawn to make a parking area.
Mad-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #10
SDKmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw318tiChic
I have to park my baby on the street. On occasion, I'll get to park in the driveway, but usually my parents leave for work before I do in the morning, so I have to be on the street so they can get out of the garage..
Yeah nothing pisses me off more then having to walk down our long driveway at 5 a.m. every morning in the cold to get to my car when the only reason I cant park in the garage is that giant gas guzzler.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #11
Mad-Machine

You should try and convert your mom from GM to bmw.. least it would be a more efficent off roader that will never leave the road.
Mad-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:12 PM   #12
SDKmann

Except BMW dosnt make a car that can keep 5 people and their stuff comfortable on long road trips. Id love to have another BMW in the family but it looks like its going to be a Z4 M coupe or a 330ci, not a X5.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:44 AM   #13
nz318ti

We cut up out front lawn and put in gravel and now have parking for 5 cars as well as the driveway. I have only had my BMW for about a month so I am a little paranoid about fading and birds and so I cover it, the sun in New Zealand is really harsh on paint work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	bmw in bed.jpg Views:	218 Size:	90.7 KB ID:	2138  
nz318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:54 AM   #14
raj27

my mom makes me park in the garage, even if i'm only going to be home for 10mins.
raj27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:25 AM   #15
dodj

garage, i didn't get a place unless it had a lockup garage.
i also get agitated when i see people get too close for no good reason, i let them know im watching lol

if it weren't for other idiots banging my sides my car wuold look damn near brand new
dodj is offline   Reply With Quote