318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 985,343 Views
View Poll Results: Where do you park at night?
Street 23 14.20%
Open Lot 16 9.88%
Covered Lot 3 1.85%
Driveway 67 41.36%
Covered Driveway 6 3.70%
Garage 47 29.01%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 07-20-2006, 05:36 AM   #16
JPerfect

Wink

I put street because I mainly park on the street, but that's about to change.

My parents usually park in the driveway, with their trucks (morons) so I have to park in front of my house.

Now, I can park under my grandfather's carport across the street because he got rid of his van. He's like 92 years old, he has no business driving, and he knows it.
JPerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:36 AM   #17
aceyx

I park in a (shared) garage. The past two years I had a private garage, but I'm much closer to school/bars.

Keep in mind I live alone and in the middle of nowhere. I expect my car will be on the street when I move (my bike will be inside the apartment).
Old 07-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #18
stormos

i tend to loose my temper if i can't park on the drive. I've had times where i have just nicked my brothers corsa keys, moved it outside and put mine in the drive
Mods: • Magnex Cat-Back Exhaust • Smoked Corner Lights + Repeators • M3 17" Wheels • De-Baffled Air Box • AC HandBrake Handle and Gear Knob • DEPO Euro Epsiloids + Predator Chronium Rings • Chrome Interior bits •IE Poly-Urethane RSFMs • Kenwood Power Series Audio • Powder Coated e36 325 Front Callipers • Sports Seats
stormos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:19 PM   #19
Will'sBimmer

I have to park my Ti in the driveway. I wouldnt want someone to dent it or try to steal anything out of it while it was parked in the street. I would park it in the garage but the damn things is full of everything else but cars. I have been thinking of getting the bavarian autosport cover for my Ti to protect it from weather, birds taking craps, dirt, and anything else that may hurt the paint, get it dirty, and also kepping nosey people from looking inside.
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #20
swits

I was only able to get one paid spot at the uncovered lot at my apartment. I took it and make the bf park his E30 in the street.

75% of the places I go to require me to parallel park in the street. Both my and the bf's front ends have been damaged by other cars
Old 07-20-2006, 09:29 PM   #21
adempster1

I’m from Philadelphia and park on the street hate it, I’m from south Philadelphia we have very small streets and very jealous people in the hood. I never understood why any one has to lean or touch your car for any reason. I love to keep my baby clean at all times but for some reason hood rats have to always get their filthy little hands on my ride. The parents be right out there wile they play around my car when they have so many darn other places to play. I have dings on both my doors from, kids and I have to clean my windows daily due to their need to touch, lean on my car. I can’t wait to move the hell out some day. Some people in the hood truly don’t care about others ****. But ya know what’s so funny?, My TI seams to be the only pray, the darn Chryslers, Dodge and all other Brand new American cars go untouched. Please excuse my typing, I had surgery on my right shoulder yesterday and I only can type with one hand. I’m so afraid because I cant drive the TI for like a month the doctor said, due to the car being manual but wile I’m recuperating the neighborhood hood rats are steadily at work on my car. Pray for my TI ya, please pray for her as she is out on the streets of filtadelphia.
adempster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:41 AM   #22
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by adempster1 View Post
Pray for my TI ya, please pray for her as she is out on the streets of filtadelphia.
I park in a lot at my apartment, but I refuse to pay $9 a day to park at Temple U, so she gets parked on the side streets. Since the move the Philly she has picked up a few (so far minor) scars.

Philly streets are not nice to cars... not nice at all, whether parking or driving.

image from: http://www.lasershows.ro/site/ro/graficalaser.htm
Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #23
steelejared

I generally would park in the garage, but I have gotten used to parking in the driveway because my young kids are always in and out of the garage with their bikes and they often leave them in my garage space. I also had my Jeep in there for the longest time so that I could just leave the top down. The other spot in the garage is taken up by our sweet brand new Chrysler T&C.
steelejared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:53 AM   #24
Triple_A

street for me, the only comfort i have is that my sisters 525i is behind it giving it some type of protection from rear from the rice burners that go up and down the street late at night. some how my gramps got to get the sheltered drive-way for his crown vic... hes king and he knows it.
Triple_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #25
J!m

Vehicles

I only drive it in the spring/summer/fall, so when I do, I have to park on the street during the week (in Long Island). It's a quiet street, so I don't have many problems with other drivers.

On the weekend, I'm up in CT, and have a place off the street to park as well as the garage.

In the colder months, the car sleeps in the garage with a battery tender on it.

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #26
Shaggy
Site Moderator

I park in a car port behind my house. We have a garage, but my dad has his stupid car in there and wont let me park there. We also have 3 parking spaces in the front of my house, but the car port is for me because I have a door leading from my bedroom to there.

Nick
1995 BMW 318iC.
Modifications by: Understeer.com, M3 Aerodynamics, Bilstein, Stromung, Turner Motorsports, Bavarian Autosport and Downing Atlanta Superchargers.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:59 AM   #27
PettitWC

When I move in a week or so I'll have at least a driveway and most likely a garage to park in but until then the jag and my dad's commander get the driveway while i'm stuck out on the street where somebody backed into my car a couple months ago when it had the cover on and put a bg dent in the side ...I can't even get into my mom's driveway without scraping something

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
PettitWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #28
Mallard

Vehicles

i have mine in a private courtyard, but its not covered or anything so i still have to wash it on the regular

but at least i dont have to worry about peeps banging off my doors or anything as i have the kings´ spot

Vin Number decode and Retrofit Pdfs Available Free ! Just PM
Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:51 AM   #29
sudwald

Default Where do you park?

I have a driveway, but it's still outside. And I kind of live in the woods so it gets dirty. I checked the Knowledge base and couldn't find an answer so I'll pose it here. Does anyone have a recommendation on car covers? I need something that will hold up to the rain and dew. Any suggestions? Thanks
sudwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:09 AM   #30
PettitWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudwald View Post
I have a driveway, but it's still outside. And I kind of live in the woods so it gets dirty. I checked the Knowledge base and couldn't find an answer so I'll pose it here. Does anyone have a recommendation on car covers? I need something that will hold up to the rain and dew. Any suggestions? Thanks
I have the factory cover and I'm pretty happy with it. Even when my window wouldn't go up it kept out rain water and everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallard View Post
coolest parking spot ever!

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
PettitWC is offline   Reply With Quote