318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Classifieds > For Sale > US and North America > Cars for Sale

Notices

Cars for Sale Only fully running cars to be listed.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 106,480 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 69,398 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 66,640 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
nm3a

Default '97 'ti Active

Time to part with an old friend. Need a larger car.

Car in very good condition. Has been well cared for by one owner. Looks nearly perfect outside and inside. Gently broken in with 285k miles. Uses no oil, everything looks and works like new. Regular maintenance with repairs as necessary over the years. Details on request, but no major drive train repairs ever. Still gets 32 mpg on trips, 28 around town. Still use it for frequent trips across two states (700 miles) with no breakdowns. Good original type Michelin treads all around. No major body repairs, minor dent repairs done from time to time. Leather and carpet in great condition and there is no surface rust.

Car is largely original with minimal extras including Parrot Bluetooth and Pioneer CD/AM/FM/XM. Have original radio.

Asking $1900.

Pittsburgh, PA area, but regularly get to Eastern PA, NJ, NYC, WVA, MD and VA. Will consider meeting for serious buyer.
nm3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
xcrmat

Default Sounds interesting...

You have any pictures?
xcrmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
nm3a

Default Pictures?

check my photo gallery.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
nm3a

Default Addendum to Sale listing

I copied this buyer's checklist posted by cooljess76 (thank you) and will use it to lay out the car's history. It's nothing if not thorough.

- Are you the original owner? >Yes
-If not, how many owners has it had and how many of the miles have you personally put on the car? Bought the car new 10/96.
- Has the vehicle ever been in an accident? > Minor accident- slid off road on ice replaced or repaired a/c condenser, radiator and p/s lines. No body or frame damage.
- Was the catalytic converter replaced under BMW's recall? >Original cat. No issues with it.
- Was the HVAC cable addressed under BMW's recall? >Unfamiliar with issue.

- Adult driven?> Yes. 90% by myself.
- Has the vehicle ever been smoked in? If I were to look inside of the cigarette lighter, is it brand new? >No, and yes.
- Have all of the cooling system components been replaced? Thermostat? Yes, recently Water pump? Few years ago. Radiator? No. Plastic coolant fitting on the driver's side of the engine block? Yes, few years ago. Plastic coolant fitting on the back of the cylinder head? Yes, few years ago. Radiator hoses? Yes, few years ago. BMW coolant? >Yes, all of the above
- Does the oil filter housing or spark plug seals leak? Spark plug holes are completely dry and free of oil? No oil on the lower front of the engine block? >No oil leaks. One leak around oil filter stalk repaired few kmiles ago. - Does the headliner sag over the back seat and cargo area? >New headliner 2 years ago. Still in great shape.

- Are the headlight lenses foggy, hazy, pitted or yellow? > New headlamp assemblies 6 months ago.
- Do the mini bulbs located behind the headlight and foglight switches still light up? >N/A
- Is the factory toolkit complete? >Yes.
- Has the spare tire been replaced and maintained? >Original spare, used once for about 5 miles.
- What condition are the tires and brakes in? >Tires are very good. With 75% tread on them. Brakes completely redone 2 years ago.
- Does the parking brake hold firm halfway through the lever's stroke? >Yes.
- Have the windows ever fallen off track or regulator arms ever popped out of the plastic sliders? >Yes. Plastic slider broke last year. All 4 sliders replaced at that time. Regulators and tracks in excellent shape then.

- Have the interior door panels ever been removed for any reason and if so, are all of the retaining clips intact and affixed to the backside of the panel? >Yes, for window regulator service. Plastic spacers reglued to panel and all clips replaced with new. Panels look like new.
- Do the mirrors have any bronzing around the edges? >No.
- Does the factory airbox still have the sound deadening foam inside of it? >Yes and in excellent condition.
- Has the differential oil ever been changed? > Yes, twice.
- Have the brake and power steering fluids ever been flushed? > At every 2nd brake pad change or about every 2 years.
- Oxygen sensors replaced? >Yes, most recently about 3 years ago.
- Have the rear subframe bushings, rear trailing arm bushings, differential bushing, front control arm bushings, rear shock mounts, front strut bearings, ball joints and tie rods, cv boots ever been replaced? >Shocks all replaced about 3 years ago and necessary repairs done at that time. All shock mounts replaced, all springs replaced and bushings replaced. Ball joints replaced shortly before that.

- Original clutch? New BMW clutch at 80k. No evidence of any problem.
- Does the shifter have any slop in it? >No.
- A/C blow cold air? >Yes. New compressor this spring. Actually was only clutch was bad, but clutch no longer available separately.
- Heater blow hot air? >Yes.
- Is the climate knob stiff or difficult to turn? >No.
- Do the hatch struts hold when it's cold outside? >Yes, hatch and hood struts are 2 years old.
- Is the driver's lower seat bolster worn? >No. Upholstery is clean and undamaged. Seats still have good support.
- Has the check engine light or SRS(airbag) light ever came on? >CEL on due to O2 sensors a few years ago. Both replaced. No codes show up on scan. SRS light came on regularly and had BMW replace seatbelt switches about 6 times. Then I found out that reattaching the connectors to the proper place under the seat addressed the problem. Have SRS scanner that I bought to address problem. NO issues with airbags themselves.

- Has the temperature gauge ever went above 12 o'clock? Ever, even for a few seconds?> No, each time there was a hose or plastic fitting failure, the car was shut down immediately and towed for repairs.
- Was the factory radio harness cut to install the aftermarket radio or was an adapter harness used? >Factory radio harness intact. Adapter harness used.
- Do you still have the factory radio? > Yes, still works great, but still doesn’t have CD in it!
- Are the plastic windshield cowl trim pieces grey, dry or cracking? > No, in excellent shape.

- How about the outside weather stripping at the base of the side windows, specifically above the door handles? > Base of windows in excellent shape. Around door handles cracked, but intact. FYI, Rear windows replaced under warranty at about 50k. No problems since.
- Antenna grommet dry or cracked? > No.
- Do the windshield washer nozzles and mirrors heat up? > Yes, nozzles replaced last year. Mirrors have always worked great.
- Does the rear windshied washer nozzle spray? >Yes.
- Is the rear parcel shelf faded or purple? > No, was professionally redyed when headliner was replaced.
- Are all 4 of the rubber jack pads still in place underneath the car? > Yes.
- Is the the plastic underpanel and brake ducts still in place and intact attached to the front bumper? > Yes.
- Does the front bumper still have the "luxury" slats and if so are they cracked or damaged in any way? >Luxury slats? Front facia is in sound condition. If you mean plastic inserts, they are in perfect condition. Also, the front license plate holder has been replaced by a plain piece (BMW part), but I still have the original front license plate holder.

- Foglights cracked? >N/A
- Do you have pets? > No.
- What do YOU consider a "Genuine BMW Enthusiast"? BMWCCA member? How many BMW's have you owned? >This is the only one we've had.

I’m not so much a "BMW enthusiast" as a maintenance enthusiast. This car has been a pleasure to own in general. One of the better handling cars I’ve ever had as well as economical, reliable, comfortable and fairly quiet. Brakes and suspension are top notch. All replacement parts have always been BMW originals as they perform so well.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
xcrmat

Sounds great! I'f you haven't sold it in a couple weeks, I'd be interested to take a look at it.
xcrmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
alfatech

I would be very much interested in more pictures, where specifically are you located? I have family in the greensburg area
alfatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
pvansickler

Vehicles

Black Interior?
Manual Transmission?
pvansickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
sibanez

I can't send you a PM, but I'm very interested and am in Harrisburg, PA. Was looking to pick up a TI for autocross and this sounds perfect. You can shoot me over an email at steven.ibanez@gmail.com or give me a ring at 717.315.7389.
sibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:44 AM   #9
nm3a

Default Replies

As far as pictures are concerned, I'll post interior, engine and 'trunk' pictures on Saturday. My work schedule has been crazy, so I couldn't get to forum before today.

Located about 12 miles north of Greensburg, or about 25 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA.

Interior is Black Leather (real, not kunstleder) with black carpets and cream headliner, a-pillars and c-pillars. Five speed manual transmission.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:00 AM   #10
nm3a

Back to two issues that I may have answered wrong in 'questionnaire.'

Cat converter- not really sure about replacement. I do remember there were a few recalls early on (first year or two) which I had done at BMW. If this was recalled, I had it done, but I can't remember specifically.

HVAC cable. That was replaced under recall early in car's life. No issues with it before or since cable replacement.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #11
pvansickler

Vehicles

Is this still available?
pvansickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #12
ibedoughboy

I'm very interested and am pretty local. I just joined today (been on BF.com for a while) so it won't let me send a private message yet.

I've been looking for a Ti for a while...they're so crusty around here! Please contact me if you still have it.
ibedoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
tnyers

Do you still have it? I am looking to buy ASAP. Can you call me? My name is Tony 574-876-9608
tnyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #14
nm3a

Have decided to keep car, so it is off the market. Sorry.

NM3A