318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > California > SoCal

Notices

SoCal For the discussion of social events in Southern California only.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 997,000 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Default Wrecked '97 M3 on craigslist $3k(perfect swap donor!!!)

Basically the same setup that I got. This car sustained the same damage as my Artic '98 M3. 110k miles, Dinan tuned, 5speed, vaders etc. I paid 3 grand for mine, but mine didn't have any damage to the rear besides a bent control arm, only the front driver's fender/suspension were smashed on mine. Marv, where ya at? You're already halfway done, Time to man up and play with the big boys! Noah, I heard you talkin about a swap? Harold, I know you got the funds... David... OBD1 S52 swap?

Here it is, waiting for one of you guys to tow it home:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/989143904.html

SoCal332ti FTMFW!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
jordanmc

the first picture makes it look like there is not too much damage.
I wish I had the money to get that
jordanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
cooljess76

My M3 had almost identical damage when I bought it.

'97 currently on craigslist:

My '98(purchased on craigslist):
Old 01-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #4
jordanmc

It looks like you could even fix that for under 3grand .
jordanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
Marv17

damn. serious?
i'll talk to my dad in the morning. he's buying the motor.
jesse, would you help me put it in tho?
i wouldnt be able to do what you're doing at the moment, rebuilding and changing all the gaskets. i wouldnt be able to afford it. but if its good and running would a swap in be worth it?

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
cooljess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanmc View Post
It looks like you could even fix that for under 3grand .
Oh yeah, easily. My Ti was destined for a swap though, long before I bought it. I searched for years for the PERFECT Ti, then I searched for another year for the PERFECT donor vehicle. I've owned 6 e36's(3 of them Ti's) and driven several M3's over the years. M3's are cool, but come a dime a dozen these days(no offense towards M3 owners). Now a 332ti, that's something special
Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
cooljess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
damn. serious?
i'll talk to my dad in the morning. he's buying the motor.
jesse, would you help me put it in tho?
i wouldnt be able to do what you're doing at the moment, rebuilding and changing all the gaskets. i wouldnt be able to afford it. but if its good and running would a swap in be worth it?
I have my hands full right now as it is. As soon as I'm done with mine, i need to do a clutch and flywheel swap for Nikolai. The only reason I took the time to replace all of my seals and gaskets is because it had a few oil leaks, which is my biggest pet peeve. If this thing runs good, doesn't leak and compression numbers check out, drop that bish in and call it good to go. Might as well do the tranny swap while you're at it since you'll have all of the parts you need. This thing won't last through tomorrow, if you snooze you lose! Call that guy at 6am, be there at 7 with cash in hand. Offer 2600. Part it out, double your money and walk
DRIVE away with a FREE engine/tranny/vader swap Ask me how I know...
Old 01-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
briansol

if only it were on this coast

cars like that go for 6 grand + all smashed up around here. sucks
Old 01-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #9
lazoh

All you MARV!!!!!!!!

1984 BMW 323i E30 BAUR (Euro)
1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
lazoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #10
Marv17

DONE!!! AND DID!!!!

-Theta Chi-

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Old 01-13-2009, 03:11 AM   #11
cooljess76

Sweet! [cough]finders fee?[/cough] Marv got a better deal than I did, 2500 Congrats Marv Do not, I repeat DO NOT PUT A CAI ON IT!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:16 AM   #12
HuGo

Oh sheet you bought it? Damn if you did congrats! So that's another one of us with an ///M haha. Harold you're messing up. You're next. Trust me when I say you'll be very happy

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:36 AM   #13
Marv17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Sweet! [cough]finders fee?[/cough] Marv got a better deal than I did, 2500 Congrats Marv Do not, I repeat DO NOT PUT A CAI ON IT!

haha. hmm.. ill think about what i can do thanks jesse. i wouldnt have gotten without your help in finding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
Oh sheet you bought it? Damn if you did congrats! So that's another one of us with an ///M haha. Harold you're messing up. You're next. Trust me when I say you'll be very happy

yeah i did!! sweet huh! it'll be a while til i start driving the ti now. hey i'll hit you up tho, cuz ill need help about the drive shaft and stuff.
would you and your dad be able to help me out sometime?

-Theta Chi-

Old 01-13-2009, 04:36 AM   #14
Marv17

harold or bobby is next
that's 4 332ti's in SoCal now!!!
nice...

-Theta Chi-

Old 01-13-2009, 04:50 AM   #15
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
yeah i did!! sweet huh! it'll be a while til i start driving the ti now. hey i'll hit you up tho, cuz ill need help about the drive shaft and stuff.
would you and your dad be able to help me out sometime?
My dad is a very busy and patient person. You saw how long it took for mine to get done. Who exactly is going to do the swap for you? And have you thought about who is going to align the ECU/EWS for you? If you're going to do it with the M shop...you going to have to try and guess when you'll think it will be done and approximate your ready time. M shop has appointments that wont open up for 2-3 weeks. So towards the end if you think youll be done in a week and a half, then make the appointment 2 weeks before so that now you wait a couple of days or a week. Don't be done and then make the appointment cuz then you'll wait 3 weeks with your car ready to just go. If you have questions call me up. I can also let you burrow something that I purchased to help you out

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote