10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
05-09-2024 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,311,080 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 09-23-2008, 06:08 AM   #1
sokat1989

Default WTB: Euro/Clear tails. Used

just looking for some used ones b4 i go and pay $200+ for new ones.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
Marv17

let me know if you can't find a set because there's a guy who sells them for $154 shipped.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
sokat1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
let me know if you can't find a set because there's a guy who sells them for $154 shipped.
are they the oem type clears or the half clear half red ones?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
BMW_Hatchback

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23672
Old 09-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #5
sokat1989

well thats no fun. maybe i should have made it clear in my original post. "PREFERABLY INTACT" used ones.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:07 PM   #6
BMW_Hatchback

forgive me for trying to help a brotha out. But if you want, you can buy 1 from him, and get another one else cheap new maybe on ebay so that way you save money in the end. I've seen some single clear tails on ebay from time to time. Hope that helps
Old 09-24-2008, 12:45 AM   #7
Marv17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokat1989 View Post
are they the oem type clears or the half clear half red ones?
its oem red/clear ones. i have a set on my ti if you've seen any of my pics in my gallery. i have a post about it somewhere. just look up my name and it should be there. the guy is on bimmerforums. his name is like cuzzmy or something like that.

-Theta Chi-

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:18 AM   #8
sokat1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Hatchback View Post
forgive me for trying to help a brotha out. But if you want, you can buy 1 from him, and get another one else cheap new maybe on ebay so that way you save money in the end. I've seen some single clear tails on ebay from time to time. Hope that helps
No dude its not like that. I wasn't hating. I appreciate the help. Sorry if it sounded like I was being ungrateful. Sounds like a good idea. Now the search for a single right taillight begins.

Quote:
its oem red/clear ones. i have a set on my ti if you've seen any of my pics in my gallery. i have a post about it somewhere. just look up my name and it should be there. the guy is on bimmerforums. his name is like cuzzmy or something like that.
I skimmed through your gallery but couldn't find a good shot of the tails. I woudl appreciate if u can attach one or link me to a good shot of them
Old 09-24-2008, 03:13 AM   #9
Marv17

here you go bro. http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...ka+blue&page=2
go to the 2nd page and itll have the pics.
the guy on bimmerforums is the cheapest i've ever found online anywhere. good luck.

-Theta Chi-

Old 09-24-2008, 04:54 AM   #10
Philly

those don't look "OEM"... are they?? They look different from mine, could be angle though too i suppose.

I got my OE tails for a smoking price here a few months ago, guess I lucked out good.

328Ti

Old 09-24-2008, 05:51 AM   #11
sokat1989

Quote:
here you go bro. http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...ka+blue&page=2
go to the 2nd page and itll have the pics.
the guy on bimmerforums is the cheapest i've ever found online anywhere. good luck.
hmm. Is it just me or is the top right part (where reverse light is) of the left one not clear? it seems blue to me. Is is transparent from that edge instead of the white shade of is that just a reflection. The right one looks fine. In the case that its just a weird effect and they are like most other euro tails then I might go with them. Frankly this seems a lot easier than BMW Hatchback's idea of getting the left one from chepas and finding the right one on ebay. First of all it will be next to impossible to find just the right one on ebay (specially for someone as impatient and lacking in ebay search skills as me)for a decent price and hope that it matches perfectly with the one chepas is selling and have the total come out to less than the deal your guy is giving. So ya enough rambling. just need the answer to the question i posed at the beginning.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:07 AM   #12
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly View Post
those don't look "OEM"... are they?? They look different from mine.
Yeah mine are OEM too and Marv's do seem a little different. I got mine for 100 bucks on ebay, well 120 shipped but they have the little BMW roundels stamped on them and came complete with the inner panel and bulbs. They were brand new and I just got extremely lucky. Mine seem more white, while Marv's look clear?

Yeah, I know I need chrome bulbs for my brake lights. They're on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokat1989 View Post
hmm. Is it just me or is the top right part (where reverse light is) of the left one not clear? it seems blue to me.
IIRC, he has a blue bulb for the reverse light. Lazoh has the same thing. Anyway, OP I think you're gonna have a hard time finding a set of used tails. Most people who have them probably wouldn't want to part with them because they are kinda hard to find. The ones Marv mentioned look great and are pretty close to OEM. Not a bad deal IMO. Good luck either way.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:30 AM   #13
Marv17

its not different. the bulb just has a blue cover on it so when i reverse it just lights up blue. trust me its oem sh!t. i wouldnt buy anything of quality bad for the lights. learned my lesson once already and i wouldnt do it again.

-Theta Chi-

Old 09-24-2008, 06:40 AM   #14
Marv17

okay. here are these pics of the oem lights.

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC01935.jpg Views:	228 Size:	91.6 KB ID:	6752
Click image for larger version Name:	DSC02045.jpg Views:	219 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	6753

-Theta Chi-

Old 09-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #15
sokat1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
I got mine for 100 bucks on ebay, well 120 shipped but they have the little BMW roundels stamped on them and came complete with the inner panel and bulbs. They were brand new and I just got extremely lucky.
Dang thats such a good deal. From reading your thread on the s52 swap, i get the feeling that you seem to an inhuman ability to get the most amazing deals on stuff for everything. So it's only natural for me to ask you if you have any lsds in your sights for a good deal.
IIRC you acquired a lot of them during your swap??

as for the tails, i like them and $154 shipped sounds nice to me. i think ill go for em.