Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 58,458 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 09-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
scabzzzz

Default 96 318ti with 328 swap track ready TONS OF GOODIES FOR SALE

Hello everyone again...
I recently posted this car for sale but i didnt make it in time to post a lot of good pictures up. I now have my camera and now have time to sit and watch for posts but none the less, here it is. Request more pics if you want, and i have to sell this car as soon as possible. Its about to go into the shop again to have the check engine light fixed, due to ti's not having a pressure sensor and a 328 DME calling for one. I bought this car as a shell with no interior or NOTHING in the engine bay from a buddy. Build up from the ground up.But here it is....

Check out that m3 dash. Beautiful. SOO much better than stock Ti.

The GOOD: 1996 318ti chassis with approx. 100k miles on it. HELLROT Red. Car Overall is in good shape. Needs a few things to be perfect. Car has seen a lot of shop time and wrench time from some very experience BMW race shops.
1997 328i m52 from wrecked car . Motor had 78k on it when I picked it. Ive put about 5k on it since.
-328 tranny. Shifts smooth. With Royal Purple in synromax ATF.
-m3 driveshaft
-New motor mounts OEM BMW
-M3 Brakes front and rear with steel braided lines using Super Blue Racing brake fluid ALWAYS
-M3 Control arms
-e30 3.73 LSD
-m3 Subframe.
-Removed traction control limiting secondary throttle
-has 99 M Roadster intake boot with KN Filter
-m3 radiator with resorvoir
-new Bosch o2 sensors (2) in rear
-Brand new windshield
-H&R Coilovers in front. Bilstein on Ground Control in rear
-M3 Contour's with Kumho SPT's brand new 3k miles.
-M-Tech rear wing
-97 m3 front end with chin spoiler and painted fog plugs
-Depo head lights with OPTIONAL 6000k HID
-BMW OEM Clears
-Brand new hood. Unpainted with turner hood pins
-Flowmaster 50 series exhaust dual in dual out. Sounds mean with optional turn down tips i can include (chrome)
-Full working m3 Dash from 97 sedan. has 1 touch windows (very nice) with fully functioning digital display and dual climate controls. (rare)
-Currently has 4cyl cluster(was laying around. Better than nothing) but i can include a 6cyl cluster. Only different is Tach is off. Otherwise fully functioning
-Comes with black suede covered interior. Sunroof does work but has issues with lines. Can include another sunroof after purchase for $100 same Hellrot color. the WHOLE tray.
-Kenwood eXcelon Cd player
-m3 door sills.
-m3 shifter knob
-brand new water pump and thermostat and housing.
-low mileage alternator
-new main drive serpentine belt OEM BMW
-brand new bushings and hoses and pins and TONS of brand new stuff everywhere on the car. I have receipts for EVERYTHING always purchased from the dealer.
- Put 6 brand new Bosch Platinum 4's in YESTERDAY. Old ones had ZEROOO foul to them and they were original BMW Bosch 2's.
-Always had Royal Purple and Mobil synthetics used in it. Just had 10-30 Full Synth oil change 500 miles ago with Fram filter.
- Brand new OEM bmw fuel filter put in 1000 miles ago.
- If it wasnt wrenched on by me (almost all of it), it was at a reputable BMW ONLY performance shop.

The BAD: Car DOES have problems like normal 11 year old cars. This IS my daily driver.

-Hood needs paint. I have some Hellrot paint left you can have.
-One of the wheels needs to be painted. (see picture)
-Hood has 2 dents from a CF hood flying up on interstate and hood pins smacking down on top of it.
- Sunroof lines dont seat very well. I can include a whole new tray with motor in excellent condition hellrot color for 100$ extra.
- Has no A/C. ( bout to be winter. hey... its a track car. )But i can track down all parts needed to make it happen for cheap
- Has no rear interior. I have all the parts i will include.
- Drivers seat has tear in it. (see pics). Can be fixed. Can include black leather vaders from friend for 600$ extra in good condition
- Paint is NOT perfect. This IS a 11 year old car. Has some fading on the top but shines up like amazing. Has always been well taken care of as you see in the pictures.

All in all the car is awesome. Very quick and peppy. Have outrun a lot of stuff and the car is basically stock 328 just really peppy because of the rear end. If you rev out first and short shift into 2nd it will slide around until you let off and the Kumhos on it are very sticky. Car is almost near being perfect in the respect that it has all the parts need to make the ultimate e36. The 328 uses the same aluminum head as m3 minus the cams. With basic add ons such as s52 cams and software, header, and m50 manifold, and sweet m3 head cover, this car will dominate and pull like a raped ape. The 328 motor is also about a 100 pounds lighter than an s52 but then again i dont need to convince a Ti board how good this car is with all my **** in it, it just needs a loving home. This setup out handles and outruns a stock m3 and even some modded ones anyday of the week. Im just looking to get into another project car. I've spent too much money on it and just look to pay off some loans and im in school.
You're more than welcome to access me and ask questions on my cell. 615-668-9006
Nashville TN Area....email is drichardson@genesco.com. Will drive if needed. Just call me. Ask for David. Have receipt to EVERYTHING. Have a good recommendation from Treehouse Racing here in Nashville, TN. http://www.treehouseracing.com . Car DOES have Check Engine Light due to Fuel Evap Pressure Sensor. Ti's dont have one. 328 computer says i do. Have lots of parts im letting go of like fog lights etc.Just holla at 1996 328ti , he'll tell you all about it...
$8000 OBO

Mmm..
Old 09-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
Cali330ti

Way off topic. But I'm sure I can speak for some others....I have questions about your m3 dash swap. This is a project for my 330ti for this winter and haven't been able to track down any solid info yet. Anything you can give would be great. Either in pm or whatever.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
snuggz

I've driven this car (albeit with an S52 at the time) and it's niiiiice.... I bought the engine out of it that day. Great suspension setup.

4 door e36 dashes will fit with some very minor modification, but IMHO I like the stock Ti dash more.... makes it feel like an E30, and it's a signifigantly lower-profile without those HUGE vents right next to your cluster. it also weighs a pound less IIRC.

just my $.02.

scabzzzz, got any pics of that exhaust setup? I'm about to take the plunge into custom...
Old 09-05-2006, 02:11 AM   #4
myblueTI

I really wish i was closer to this car it seems like a pretty good deal
Old 09-06-2006, 03:43 AM   #5
scabzzzz

Sup snuggz.... shawn sold the motor to you but the car sat for a while at his house as he was "doing an ls1 swap" that never happened. I bought it from him. Man he sold the sweet vader seats and **** too... but yeah we found a 328 motor chillin at this import lot that was wrecked with low miles. So we put it in over there too. I used a stock 328 exhaust and after the resonators i had customer welds to make it under the axles. Car is too low for me to get pics homey.... Just make sure u weld some cats on... and a nice muffler. I recoomend the 50 series flowmaster. Sounds mean as hell and is still quiet compared to a lot out there. Make sure you do decent headers.

Mmm..
Old 09-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #6
scabzzzz

how bout it anyone.

Mmm..
Closed Thread