318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Misc

Notices

Misc Does not fit in any of the forums below.

» Recent Threads
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
Yesterday 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 320,986 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,102,046 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 12-30-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
col.hapablap

Thumbs down holiday theft (yay)

the holidays came early for me this year. haven't visited the forum much lately... and it all started around the time my head unit was jacked from car in the parking lot overnight.

when the initial deep freeze came over the midwest, my heat started misbehaving. the engine temp would drop down when the car was in motion, and after some searching i figured the thermostat might need replacing. hopefully nothing more.

a couple days into the deep freeze, someone decided that they wanted my worthless pioneer radio that the previous owner threw in the ti. let me first admit my mistake of leaving the faceplate on..... a 10 year old head unit that plays only regular cds. i had a box of fuses in the glove compartment that was worth more than the radio. i lost a handful of loose change valued under a dollar, a radio worth $8, and a tire pressure gauge. and now every damn bit on the center console from the controls, clock, mounting hardware, faceplate, and wiring are all fcked up. sweet.

what else can go wrong? my asc & abs. the asc and abs lights are turning on and off intermittently, and this started when the weather started to dip into freezing temps. quick check of the fuses, and they're fine. sometimes when the wheels spin on ice or snow, the light will turn off and it'll "fix" itself. wtf.

and finally this morning on the way to work, i got slapped w/ two tickets for window tint (drv & pass) and no front license plate. minor fix-its so it's not a big deal ... again, i'll admit that i knew these things could get me cited, and i was planning on replacing the 20% tint that came on the car w/ 45% all around anyway, but all of this just sucks during this expensive time of the year, during an even more expensive time in our lives.

i just had to fn rant. thanks for reading. happy holidays everyone, and best wishes in the new year.

ps - belated xmas present for the forum is coming soon...
col.hapablap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:34 AM   #2
col.hapablap

i actually had questions... lol

1. i need a new clock since the lcd screen got cracked in the theft. is it possible to retrofit the obc/clock into a ti that came with the clock ONLY? what's required?

2. any clue what's going on w/ the asc & abs or thermostat?
col.hapablap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:43 AM   #3
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Sorry to hear about your luck. I'm not sure about the OBC retrofit, but I do know that your thermostat is stuck open. Probably a good time to replace the water pump while you're at it if it hasn't been replaced yet. The ABS & ASC lights might be coming on if your battery is dying or becoming weak. Check your alternator before replacing the battery though, just to make sure it's putting out between 13.5-14v. Best of luck to you, I hope it changes for the better to start off the new year.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:34 AM   #4
cali-ti
aka Stabby

for my 96, this is what i show as needed to retrofit the OBC:

62130009042 OBC retrofit kit
62138377996 Uncoded clock/OBC

sux when people break into your sh!t. had my previous car stolen from my apartment complex parking lot. nothing like coming out to drive to work and your ride ain't there. this is one reason i chose to upgrade to a bmw head unit just so no one would look in and see something "valuable" (whether it is or not, it's all perception). hopefully karma comes around and they wake up in a bathtub full of ice and one kidney missing.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
aceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by col.hapablap View Post
2. any clue what's going on w/ the asc & abs
Possibly one of the wheel speed sensors. Another member had this problem, I'd check with him and see what he came up with.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19626