318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 987,069 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-09-2006, 01:43 AM   #31
1996 328ti

Vehicles

I could have sworn I did this once before. Oh well.

Currently I am an electronic technician servicing electronic musical keyboards.
In my previous life I worked for a large musical equipment rental company.
That was back in the 80s. I worked with many artists either directly or indirectly. I did a short tour with Joan Jett and John Waite working on the backline. Did many shows with Diana Ross. Many more bands, too numerous to mention. Last big thing I did was Live Aid. That goes back some years.

Bought my 98 ti in Nov 97. Slid into a signpost in the winter in 99. Totaled it in 2000. Then bought the 328ti in 2000.

I registered 318ti.org back in Sept 1999 in hopes of keeping information from disappearing. Didn't really work out the way I wanted. But 318ti.org is still around. Also registered 318ti.net so people could find the yahoo list easily.

Married 18 years, been together 22. We met on CompuServe in 84 and 10 days later met in person. The rest is history. I believe we are the 2nd couple to be married who met on CompuServe.

We have two Jack Russel Terrierists, Cooper and Sophie.
Cooper is named after my wife's Mini Cooper.
She did want to name Sophie, Mini.

These are their baby pictures.

We had another JRT who died a few years ago.
Sophie is named after Sadie.
http://www.happytogether.com/sadie

I'm fairly active in our local CCA chapter and seem to get myself involved at the National level too. You've heard the expression, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Well in the CCA, the squeaky wheel is asked to volunteer.

I am a track junkie and hopefully someday I will recover from it.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:32 PM   #32
Bobbak

Talking

Name - Bobbak Zare (bobby) is my american name lol (im middle eastern)
Age - 17
Hobbys - Dont dring or smoke bad stuff i want to live longer to drive my ti lol
all i do every day is play games build custom computer and walk my dog oh and i like to cook but dont know how if that makes sence *_*

i drive a "95 Ti black all original for now (want turbo charger) ahahahah
Bobbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:39 PM   #33
L84THSKY

That's interesting. I grew up in Long Beach NY, Joan jetts home town. She did two of her videos in Long Beach.
I got some cool pics of Joan Jett when she played a club near me years ago, post them when I find those.

As for John Waite, he is my favorite singer, notice I said singer, not musician. I saw John three times as a solo artist. I got a picture of me with him, very nice guy. Own everything he ever recorded, Baby's and solo material are my favorites.

I'll post the pic of me with him when I find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
I did a short tour with Joan Jett and John Waite working on the backline.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:32 AM   #34
TORJTHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbak
Name - Bobbak Zare (bobby) is my american name lol (im middle eastern)
Age - 17
Hobbys - Dont dring or smoke bad stuff i want to live longer to drive my ti lol
all i do every day is play games build custom computer and walk my dog oh and i like to cook but dont know how if that makes sence *_*

i drive a "95 Ti black all original for now (want turbo charger) ahahahah
what games do you play and were are you located
Old 07-18-2006, 04:10 AM   #35
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY
That's interesting. I grew up in Long Beach NY, Joan jetts home town. She did two of her videos in Long Beach.
I got some cool pics of Joan Jett when she played a club near me years ago, post them when I find those.

As for John Waite, he is my favorite singer, notice I said singer, not musician. I saw John three times as a solo artist. I got a picture of me with him, very nice guy. Own everything he ever recorded, Baby's and solo material are my favorites.

I'll post the pic of me with him when I find it.
I was with Jett for a brief period when I Love Rock n Roll was released.
She also did a video at Privates in upper Manhatten, a club long gone.
I don't recall seeing John play much guitar. I think he was better with the Babys and you are right, he is a very nice guy. Even after several years later I saw him at a gig in DC. He still invited me backstage like old times.
When I was with Waite it was also with Patty Smyth. That was during Missing You and the Warrior. I don't think I have any photos, just back stage passes somewhere around here.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:52 PM   #36
Rome_HN

Default Rome_HN

Saludos desde Honduras.

Nombre: Carlos Romero
BMW ti 1995
Color Negro
Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Por el momento ninguna modificacion el carro esta totalmente stock, espero poder aprende de sus esperiencias con el ti
Rome_HN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:12 PM   #37
USMC318ti

Sup yall,
Name: NICK
Where yo crib at? Virginia Beach Virginia
Im 20 years young, this is my second Bimmer, first one was a 97 Z3.
I love my girlfriend Tasha to death, Love to tattoo, plus the extra $ is nice.
I have a pet snake, 2ft Albino Corn Snake named Xander.
Im addicted to RedBull and cigarettes, I smoke a pack and a half a day, and
drink 5 RedBull's EVERYDAY!!!! Im not joking, ask Bimmer7, hes the same way.
When we tattoo together, we chain smoke, and pound RedBull. Its expensive.

Kudos and Props go out to Dave Faithful and his Fiance Amanda, they have
helped me so much in life, figure out so many things. You guys are great.
USMC318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:32 PM   #38
JPerfect

Name's Jeff Hollis, 20 (21 in 2 months)

I have an associates degree in Broadcasting/Media, but this year i'm shooting for a Bachelor's. Minoring in Graphic Design.

I love photography, and anything to do with pictures. I also love film and design. No girlfriend to speak of at this time, mainly because I'm too busy for anything serious. My car keeps me company, and though she's picky and high maintenence, she doesn't give me lip.

I work for a Sports/Entertainment Marketing Company called Positive Impact Partners in East Rutherford, NJ. I hold the title of Ticket Sales and Broadcasting Manager. I used to do ticket sales for a number of big-name teams, but I do more advertisement, printwork, audio/video editing, and audio broadcast directing now. Just got done with the AVP Seaside Heights Open in Seaside Heights, NJ.

When I'm not working, I'm devising ways to make quick money, which includes design, assembly, and repair of computer systems, freelance graphic and web design (opening jahdesign.com soon), and I'm trying to get into photography.

On the weekends, I hang out with my buddies at their beach-houses, go to car shows, and take weekend trips to nearby major cities. I have been to nearly every major city and state East of the Mississippi River, as well as have taken road trips to Phoenix and Los Angeles.

Yep, I still live at home with my parents, and plan to stay here long after they move out.

(edit) Oh yeah, I have two cats. Chuckie, and Baby Kitty. (yes, my family is unoriginal)
JPerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:17 PM   #39
FATHER

Hi Jeff i'm graphic designer , i work on it all my life, also is my life and i love it too, i know on the forum are some many graphic designer so if you need help, links or programs, talk to me i can hel you...

Mods: Some plastic parts, ///M Wheels and me
FATHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #40
andrewsarg101

My name is Andrew and live in St. George, Utah. I am 19 years old and graduated high school in 2005. I am currently unemployed as I am leaving to serve a mission for my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). I will be serving in the Fankfurt Germany mission for 2 years. Once I return I will attend the University of Utah and major in Mechanical Engineering. I hope to either work in the aerospace indusrty or return to Germany and work for BMW. I enjoy mountain biking, four-wheeling, going to the lake, photography, Apple computers, music of any genre, and of course my ti. I love to work on my car as long as it doesn't break the bank and when its not 115 degrees outside. I am currently single since I have plenty of other things to worry about the next little while (like become fluent in German in 6 weeks).
andrewsarg101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:39 PM   #41
L84THSKY

I'm ashamed to say that I lived in Germany for 9 years, and still never was fluent.

My first assignment in the Air Force was Rhein Main AB Germany. That base was across from the Frankfurt Airport. Make sure you go down to Sachsenhausen and get wasted. That is unless you don't drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsarg101
I will be serving in the Fankfurt Germany mission for 2 years.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #42
andrewsarg101

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY
I'm ashamed to say that I lived in Germany for 9 years, and still never was fluent.

My first assignment in the Air Force was Rhein Main AB Germany. That base was across from the Frankfurt Airport. Make sure you go down to Sachsenhausen and get wasted. That is unless you don't drink.
I have known quite a few people that have lived there for the military and never became fluent. In the MTC (Mission Training Center) we get the languange drilled into our head for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week for between 6 to 9 weeks, depending on the language.

And as far as the drinking goes I am what most most people around the world refer to as "the mormons", The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the real name of our church. We are typically identified as the people that don't smoke or drink. We are also the ones that people believe we have 50 wives and have horns growing from our heads...
andrewsarg101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:29 AM   #43
robcarync

dude i did a big essay on 'Interfaith Relationships With Mormons'. which isnt to say i actually know anything about mormons. basically i rambled on for 8 pages to discuss how some sociology major wrote a huge essay on why, in general, mormons dont date non-mormons. kind of a waste of time i think.

it has absoilutely nothing to do with anything said here, but reading the word mormon brough back memories of that essay i had to write, seeing as i typed the word 'mormon' what seemed like 8 billion times.

i actually am friends with a few mormons...i know he had to do a 2 year mission trip too...i think he went somewhere in south america though.

and that is my random comment for the day
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:18 AM   #44
FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome_HN
Saludos desde Honduras.

Nombre: Carlos Romero
BMW ti 1995
Color Negro
Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Por el momento ninguna modificacion el carro esta totalmente stock, espero poder aprende de sus esperiencias con el ti
Hola Carlos, no hay mucha gente aqui que hable espanol, solo somos algunos, yo soy fernando de Puerto Rico, cuanta con mi ayuda para cualquier duda, Bienvenido al foro

Mods: Some plastic parts, ///M Wheels and me
FATHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:42 AM   #45
nz318ti

Hi guys and girls, I am Jennine, 31, married with 2 kids. Born and breed in New Zealand. I am all women and have the curves to prove it. I am a teacher aid working with autistic kids in a primary school. I am part of the Celebration Centre Christian Church which has branches in Irvine, Torrance and Crestline California and in North Bend Oregon. I love all forms of motor racing especially rally, I love vintage cars and am currently navigating for my father in his 1928 Chrysler and 1937 Buick, I am a marching girl, love line dancing (which we do at school with the kids), love cooking (mostly baking) and sewing, I read heaps and love playing with my kids, I collect black and white cows in any form and micromachines, and my hubby collects matchbox cars and fire engines and we are thinking of opening a toy museum.

Always loved BMWs, have collected toy models of them for years and now finally own one and love it.
nz318ti is offline   Reply With Quote