318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > California > SoCal

Notices

SoCal For the discussion of social events in Southern California only.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 994,560 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-10-2007, 06:33 AM   #1
HuGo

Default Thank You Steve 4 Donation/Sponsorship

I would like to thanks steve for sponsoring the SoCal 318ti team with money for our embroiring for our Tshirts.

The Socal part was the easiest thing since i got to choose the font. Now everyone wanted the 318ti like the banner/car badge and that costed money. Reason that it costed money is because they dont have that kind of font in file. So what the person had to do is scan the 318ti.org sticker and then digitize it. The digitizing is what costed money which is not included with how much the stitching would cost for each shirt. Once the guy finishes the digitizing it becomes a file. It took the guy 3 days to do.

Now, i have a picture sample of the SoCal 318ti "test" shirt. You might find gaps and errors but the guy still has to go back and finish it. Also, this is just one layer of stitching and there will be another layer. So its like 50,000 stitches on the shirt.

Here are the prototype pics and hopefully you guys like what you see. I havent had a final price, but i estimate it will be between $29-33 dollars because of the extra stitching, extra layer, and the size that i got it. Its pretty big and i understand it takes time and work to do and in my behalf, i think its a good price. Again, its embroir which will last longer, look nicer, and we got good shirts and we dont want to put crap material.

The guy still has to AGAIN digitize the 318ti.org for a smaller size to go in the sleeves.

Who ever goes to the socal euro meet will get a chance to see it in person.

Again, thank you steve for sponsoring us with the digitized work. Id like for you guys to thank steve as well. He has worked hard for us, especially for me lol.

Ill post the full shirt once the project is actually completed.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:28 AM   #2
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

The 318ti needs to be stretched out and more italic, it's too bunched up and the characters look fat. Also, the bottom line that connects the 318 and the ti, is too wide. I think they could do a better job and make it look more like it's supposed to look. We're paying good money for the shirts, so it should be perfect, tell the stitch b!tch to take a look what we're representing and try again
Also, now that I see the shirt, I think the SoCal should be a different color, perhaps the same blue thats used for the .org or maybe a set of motorsport stripes between the SoCal and the ti. JMO
///SoCal 318ti
SoCal///318ti
SoCal 318ti///
SoCal 318ti
SoCal 318ti
SoCalll318ti
These were all done with the IMPACT font, bold and italic and now that I think about it, the 318ti looks better than the digitized image. If we did the whole thing in IMPACT and then had him connect the bottom of the letters with a thin line between layers, it would look awesome. Here's an example of what I'm trying to say:
S_o_C_a_llll3_1_8t_i
lllS_o_C_a_l 3_1_8t_i
^^^These are my favorites^^^ I used lower case "L" for the motorsport stripes, and on the actual embroidery there wouldn't be such a big space between each letter where the line connects them.
BTW, thanks Steven!!!
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:14 AM   #3
HuGo

Yes of coarse it can always be better but the price will def go up. And remember, we have little to work with from the back of the shirt from shoulder to shoulder.

I know it can be 100x better but remember we are all in a budget. I mean, there still peeps that need to pay me for the shirts and thats just 16 bucks

But its something we are going to wear once a month or any big event. I mean even this looks kool enough for an attention getter

Listen, if we get bigger, we can always get new material and different stitching. We can also start our own fund raiser and raffles for ourselfs. Maybe later we will get other sponsors that will pay for our shirts you know?

This is just the beginning. We are like a prototype team and we are doing this ourselfs.

Later we can find out a way where we come up with money or people chip in 5 dollars monthly or whatever so that we can use for BBQs, stickers, shirts WHATEVER!

Lets do this...lets customize our car window stickers really bad ass so it wont cost as much. Cuz if we do that with shirts, we are looking at like 60 bucks plus!

I guess pics look different than in person. I did kind of rushed the guy hoping to have shirts by this saturday. But i realized it wont happen. He told me hes going to spend more time on it and make it better. So then i told him to go ahead and take his time and i aint going to need those shirts for this weekend. Plus, i honestly dont want to wear it if my Ti isnt going Ill look like a douche.

Im new to all this and im trying my best moving around here and there and getting stuff down. And i also thank all of you for your support. Since i have never had to do anything custom like this, and being my first time seeing something like this, i think the 318ti looks badass! To me its crazy how you can turn something in a car into a sticker, then into a shirt/stitching.

Well see what the future awaits for Team SoCal 318ti !

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #4
1996 328ti

Vehicles

No .org?
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
No .org?
The .org is for the sleeve. The picture posted is for the back. When i went there (on my lunch break) he was barely finishing up with this sample that i have. He made a first one, came out disgusting, then he tried this one and came out way better. He needs to go back and digitize the 318ti.org for the sleeve. He isnt completely done yet. Id say another week.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 08-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

lllSoCal318ti.org

cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #7
lazoh

Thank you Steve and we will make you proud!!

1984 BMW 323i E30 BAUR (Euro)
1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
lazoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
SoCalpinoy86

Thank you Steve for the support, I'm fairly new to this website along with being new to 318ti's. I have to say that your website has helped me so much in gaining more knowledge about these great cars. Thank you.

-Jeff
SoCalpinoy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #9
M3_KILL3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalpinoy86 View Post
Thank you Steve for the support, I'm fairly new to this website along with being new to 318ti's. I have to say that your website has helped me so much in gaining more knowledge about these great cars. Thank you.

-Jeff
Same here!! Id like to say thanks to Steve also. I'm fairly new too almost a year owning my Ti and without this site i dont know what i would have done. Thanks for sponsoring us steve and trust me when you see pics of you all together with our shirts on sporting the 318ti.org on the sleeves and on the cars... you'll get this little girl giggle that will sprout from no where all due to our work
Old 08-11-2007, 11:30 PM   #10
jflip2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
lllSoCal318ti.org

Im not really taking part in the shirt, but I think thats the best lookin one. That looks bad ass.... Id take one, but I have no TI, so Id be a poser. Maybe if there was an E30 one lol
Old 08-12-2007, 09:23 PM   #11
lazoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflip2002 View Post
Im not really taking part in the shirt, but I think thats the best lookin one. That looks bad ass.... Id take one, but I have no TI, so Id be a poser. Maybe if there was an E30 one lol
Hope you get your TI soon!!! and you should also attend the next meet.

1984 BMW 323i E30 BAUR (Euro)
1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
lazoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #12
HuGo

And also get your shirt in the future

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...