318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by Jclare318ti
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
0 Replies, 453 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-29-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
Will'sBimmer

Talking I've been doing a little racing!!!

Well two nights ago I pulled up to this light and I was waitin for the light to change. While here comes these redneck fools( i live in memphis, Tenn plenty of rednecks down here) that pull up in this chevy truck. I have subs in my trunk and they could hear my music. SO the passenger rolls down his window and the driver starts waving his arm. I dont know what they were tryin to accomplish by this but I couldnt hear them (music to loud haha) and my window tint is so dark that I just quit lookin at em. So then he revs his engine and makes it jump a little. Well no words need to be said for me to know he wants to see what the little BMW had. SO I quietly shifted into first and waited for the light to hit green. As soon as I saw green I floored the gas and dropped the clutch and boom the Ti was gone from this piece of crap truck. There was a corner about 70 yards in front of the light and I was going 80 comin out of it with no truck in sight. I was dissapointed cus I wanted to race but I would get to do this the next night. The next night I was driving down the interstate and going about 65 or 70 when I see this car comin beside me with the spoiler and body kit. I dont know what kinda car it was but it looked like one of those sporty toyotas or some kinda Japan sport car. Well this guy seems like he wants to race too cus I can feel it. So he passes me and I make a few moves and pass him going 80. He doesnt take off right away instead he tries to sneak up on me by gaining speed slowly. But he cant outsmart me cus I have been watching this in my rearview. So when he tries to get close I hit the gas and we're off!!! I get to going 120 and he is trying to get it with me. I get 125 switch lanes and get in front of him. I still got some pedal left to go at 125 and i cant belive it since my last Ti would quit at 120. Short story short after I hit 125 for like 15 seconds we both slow down for what looks like a cop but it wasnt. I get onto 240 east and I didnt see him make the exit but after driving down 240 east for maybe 5 mintues he comes driving past me again. I am goign 65 now and I let him go cus I dont feel like racin anymore for the night. All in all I am glad I went 125 in my car so now I now what it will do but I still dont like pushing the engine to much cus I dont want to have promblems with it just cus I was racing. Also what I loved the most was when I dusted those guys in the truck. Hate rednecks.
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
fourbysix

With a slight decline, i've hit 213 in my TI..which would translate to be about 132 miles an hour. that was interesting.
fourbysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
zboot

I've done 125 in my ti. The next time I'm on i-10, I'll see if I can max it out - no speed governor to worry about :-)
zboot is offline   Reply With Quote