318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 972,442 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
adrnln

Default DASC: Fenner Drive

Hi all,

Is anyone having problems with the idler pulleys (Fenner Drive)? I track my car a lot and run a 3.73 diff so I'm revving it quite a bit. Typically I've been replacing the idler pulleys every 2 years and I did again this spring. The bearings on the idler under the SC to the right failed, overheated and melted the pulley to the point I shelled a belt and left me stranded on the side of the road. Luckily I had a spare with me along with a belt and tools. An anomaly? The one I replaced it with 10 days ago is now making noise...

I called Jim at D/A and he sent me some new ones but I have a call into him about the continuing problem and my fear that there is a bad batch of Fenner Drive pulleys out there. Has anyone else had any problems lately with their idler pulleys?

Sheridan
Old 06-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
marko

had my dasc on now for about 25K to 30K - no issues whatsoever with pulleys, belts or any other dasc related part. it all workie good.
though, I dont track the car - or anything similar...

if you run out of options, try giving these guys a call...
http://superchargertech.com/

good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrnln View Post
Hi all,

Is anyone having problems with the idler pulleys (Fenner Drive)? I track my car a lot and run a 3.73 diff so I'm revving it quite a bit. Typically I've been replacing the idler pulleys every 2 years and I did again this spring. The bearings on the idler under the SC to the right failed, overheated and melted the pulley to the point I shelled a belt and left me stranded on the side of the road. Luckily I had a spare with me along with a belt and tools. An anomaly? The one I replaced it with 10 days ago is now making noise...

I called Jim at D/A and he sent me some new ones but I have a call into him about the continuing problem and my fear that there is a bad batch of Fenner Drive pulleys out there. Has anyone else had any problems lately with their idler pulleys?

Sheridan
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
lpcapital

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrnln View Post
Hi all,

Sheridan
Did you check Shawn Fogg website? Here's the link
lpcapital is offline   Reply With Quote