210 Replies, 991,213 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 05-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles
Default Wheels FS

Greetings!

I've found a car that I'm interested in (finally!). In an effort to get the cost down, I'm looking to sell or trade the chrome wheels currently on the car and replace them with the stock 5-spoke wheels. (I don't have the model of the wheels, so if you recognise them, I'd be grateful for the info.)

In a perfect world, I'd find someone in the Southeast (I'm in Nashville) who has the stock 5-spoke wheels and wants to trade those plus some cash for these wheels. Then we could just meet at a shop somewhere and swap wheels (and cash).

This is the only info I have on the tires at the moment: "The tires are mismatched, if I had kept the car I was going to purchase two Yokahama, the other 2 are Michelin."

The wheels have about 4000 miles on them.

Here are a few photos.

So... Offers? Info on the wheels? Suggestions? Questions? Donations of cash for no particular reason other than because I'm a nice guy? heh heh

Thanks!

JMJ
Old 05-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
roadrash

Vehicles

A bump cause it's Monday... and I'm going to try to go see the car this week.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #3
barbiesbmw

Default wheels

They look nice, but i'm in Virginia.. Sorry too far Good Luck to you.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #4
roadrash

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiesbmw
i'm in Virginia.. Sorry too far
Not necessarily. As Stephen Wright said... "anyplace is within walking distance... if you've got the time." :-)

I've driven to the Roanoke area and back on several occasions, only stopping in the area long enough to drop off some gear. Hmmm... I've got a friend there that I haven't seen in a LONG time. So... anything is possible. Don't be afraid to PM an offer to me if you're actually interested.

Of course, everything depends on me actually purchasing the car that the wheels are mounted on. LOL
Old 05-09-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
barbiesbmw

Lightbulb wheels

lol, yeah don't sell something you dont have yet.. (sound like my bf.. ) PM me when you are sure you will be getting the car, i'm tired of the stocks..
Old 05-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #6
roadrash

Vehicles

heh heh... no, I wouldn't sell them until I actually owned them. I'm not that stupid or dishonest. I think I made the situation pretty clear in my original post. :-)

I'll PM ya when I own the car. I'm trying to work it out to see it on Thursday (11th). Once I have the car, I'll hopefully be able to get a maker and model number of the wheels in order to assess their value.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #7
barbiesbmw

Default clear

Clearly saw where you stated that.. Was just being humorous, not insulting.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #8
roadrash

Vehicles

No worries... I interpreted the "lol" as your being humorous. It's all good.

FWIW, it's looking like it'll be next week before I could have the car, due to all the licensing paperwork. Rest assured that IF I get this car, the whole forum will know. LOL
Old 05-24-2006, 01:59 AM   #9
roadrash

Vehicles
Default Info update

OK... I now officially own the car and therefore the wheels. While up on the lift at the shop today, the mechanic read the part number off of the back of a wheel: 1096138 at RealOEM.com

I'm not a big fan of chrome wheels, so these are for sale/trade. While I don't love them, I do like them enough that I'm in no huge hurry to make any changes.

I like the stock Style 18 alloy wheels, and I like the ones DustenT has on his car. So, if you have something like either of those, perhaps we can work out a trade. Otherwise, I may trade them in on a new set of wheels locally.

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
Old 05-24-2006, 05:25 AM   #10
1rstbmw!

What size are they and what's their weight? I've got the stock 16" sport wheels.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:08 PM   #11
roadrash

Vehicles

I don't have any idea what they weigh... they were on the car when I purchased it.

I don't remember the width of the wheels off-hand, but I'm pretty sure the tire size is 225/50 and they're 16" wheels. The car is with the mechanic at the moment so I can't confirm that.

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
Old 01-22-2008, 06:41 AM   #12
roadrash

Vehicles

OK, I obviously bought the car, and the Chrome Style 55's are FOR SALE. They're E46 fitment (which also fits on E36's just fine) and 16" diameter.

I'd still prefer to sell them as locally as possible to avoid the cost of shipping. But, I do have actual wheel boxes to ship them in if necessary.

Feel free to make offers while I ponder what I need to get for them. Basically I need to make enough from the sale of this set of wheels to purchase 2 tires and have the wheels/tires installed, plus a couple of minor things like painting the hubs black and maybe the brake calipers too.

I'll try to get some fresh photos as soon as it warms up and I can wash the car.

Thanks!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #13
roadrash

Vehicles

This is the official "For Sale" thread.

Closed Thread