318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
1997 manual 318TI M...
Today 09:38 AM
Last post by angwydwagon
Today 09:38 AM
0 Replies, 51 Views
Handsome gays boys from...
Today 12:47 AM
Last post by ceoshank88
Today 12:47 AM
0 Replies, 129 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
05-09-2024 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,311,465 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 12-21-2007, 06:11 AM   #31
teetime4one

Vehicles

eat percocets...drink plenty of Jack.
relax
eat soft foods...you'll thank me later.
and, get well soon

Sean
1995 Active
teetime4one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #32
Dave_PA

Hey man lay low and get better! like other's have said don't push it and try to relax. You have to think long term w/this stuff.

try to find the BEST doctors in your area that deal with what they diagnosed you with and do what you can. if you have people that you know that know the hospital or hospital system of where you are at plug the hell out of them to find out who is good. it is SO WORTH IT!!

two 360's and you are playing the classics! I LOVE IT!!! my brother and I pulled out the old sega genesis and nintendo a while back to play some of the classics. Nothing beats the classics.

i'm w/the others. sometimes the booze is better than the pills. If you don't like beer get some captain morgan or Appletown Spice Rum and mix it w/some coke (not pepsi) w/a lime. two fingers of rum in a cup and it should end up taste great.

do all the stuff you haven't had time to do b/c you've been busy.

all the best man
dave
Dave_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:19 PM   #33
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_PA View Post
my brother and I pulled out the old sega genesis and nintendo a while back to play some of the classics. Nothing beats the classics.
i loved road rash on the genesis. nothing like beating guys (especially cops) with clubs and chains while riding over 100mph on a motorcycle, lol
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:46 PM   #34
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti View Post
i loved road rash on the genesis.
Before someone asks, that is not what my username here refers to. So, no, cali-ti did not just "out" himself. LOL

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #35
thesk8nmidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetime4one View Post
eat percocets...drink plenty of Jack.
relax
eat soft foods...you'll thank me later.
and, get well soon
parents are coming in town this afternoon, i should get them to drink with me!
last time that happened i was at mardi gras! that was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_PA View Post
Hey man lay low and get better! like other's have said don't push it and try to relax. You have to think long term w/this stuff.

try to find the BEST doctors in your area that deal with what they diagnosed you with and do what you can. if you have people that you know that know the hospital or hospital system of where you are at plug the hell out of them to find out who is good. it is SO WORTH IT!!

two 360's and you are playing the classics! I LOVE IT!!! my brother and I pulled out the old sega genesis and nintendo a while back to play some of the classics. Nothing beats the classics.

i'm w/the others. sometimes the booze is better than the pills. If you don't like beer get some captain morgan or Appletown Spice Rum and mix it w/some coke (not pepsi) w/a lime. two fingers of rum in a cup and it should end up taste great.

do all the stuff you haven't had time to do b/c you've been busy.

all the best man
dave
yeah my girlfriend works at best buy and they got a shipment of wii's and she just bought one so instead of resellng it i might open that up and play it lol

but i do love the classics i have an atari with about 30 games but the system itself broke so thats a heartbreaker.

dallas has some amazing doctors and a lot of well known hospitals so i feel pretty comfortable with most the places.

Quote:
i loved road rash on the genesis. nothing like beating guys (especially cops) with clubs and chains while riding over 100mph on a motorcycle, lol
oh yeah those are good times! i miss that game. i dont have a sega here but i think its in oregon!

UPDATE:
so nothing yet on my back status besides its hurts lol. im gonna be getting a hold of my doctor later.

but anyways my brother gave me the low down from the bosses. and they are nonstop bitching about me.
about how they think im gonna milk this for all its got. and fake my back pains and that i shouldnt have been seen without letting them know first. just a bunch off bull shat!

so anyways here a little background on me and my work.
i work for road armor & overkill engineering ( www.roadarmor.com www.overkilleng.com ) and design all their bumpers using solidworks (a 3-d cad program)
i started working for them about 8 months ago with no previous experience or knowledge with the program.
this was back in oregon when i met the owner and my brother was working with them. i fixed the owners computer and he asked me if i wanted a job and to try and figure this program out.
i took the program home and figured it out in a few days and he was shocked. he said move to texas with us i'll pay you well and you will have a great future with us. so i finished my term of college and moved to texas.
anyways they started ****ing me i went 3 weeks with no pay and daily promises of how they will put me on payroll eventually. when they finally put me on payroll about 7 hundred dollar in debt from moving halfway across the country with no pay i get a check in the mail from road armor. i look at the pay and its 8 dollars an hour! i feel like i just got a gun pointed to my head and robbed.
so i keep working designing them bumper after bumper because i dont have any other choice really but to keep making dirt of money engineerig bumpers.
after about 6 months of still no pay increase i write an email to the boss and explain how i cannot afford to live in texas for 8 dollars an hour i could no longer afford to drive the hour long drive to work every day and i felt my work i was doing was worth a hell of a lot more than 8 dollars.

so they have a meeting with me and try to explain how they have bent over backwards for me training me and teaching me all i know about solidworks. when they havent taught me a single thing except the serial number to the program. so they say ok we will give you an increase in pay and we will start a bonus program so you get a lump sum of money each time you finish the designing of the bumpers. well about 3 months later still no bonus program oh and a dollar increase in pay HA!
well now one of the owners is bitching about how he trained me so much and helped me out in so many ways and now im "screwing them over" because i have doctors note that says i cant bend over for a week and a possible broken back!

what a joke!

WHAT IM DOING WITH MY TIME:

i think now i will spend all this down time on finding a new job. something that will pay me at least half of what im worth.

sorry bout the rant. hope it made sense lol
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #36
cali-ti
aka Stabby

find a new job ... now.

have you instructed them on how to use the app? if not, don't. then when you leave they'll be right back to where they were (not knowing anything about it). some people don't appreciate what they have and should be made to suffer their own ignorance.

in the future, get anything like that in writing.

unfortunately, it now sounds like you're in texas where you don't really want to be. that sucks.

find something good and leave them behind like a bad memory.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

Old 12-21-2007, 07:40 PM   #37
thesk8nmidget

thanks eric thats exactly what i have been trying to do.

they know very little about the program. and the last engineer left them for bigger and better things so they needed a replacement (me) and they found me and i showed them i was good enough but once i showed them what i could do they didnt want anythign to do with paying me more.

but once i leave they will not be able to find someone to do my job for 9 dollars an hour. going rate for a solidworks engineer in dallas is about 25+ an hour.

and im doing more than just that. i do all the parts request forms and manufacturing side of things. when i pass my work on i have one person check it and then its off to get cut and bent and welded.

my brother makes more than me and all he does is work out in the shop and help another worker build ****. and makes 11.50
and when i asked that how that was fair their answer was because he is older than you.

i was like are you kidding me look at the real picture who is making this company more money? my brother does nothing beneficial for the company besides upkeep the bosses trucks and help out with moving **** around. his shop title is shop bitch/helper. lol

my brother agrees im worth a lot more than he is but when it came time to say that to the bosss he of course cowards away and doesnt agree he just agrees with everything the boss says.

its really a f*&ked situation and i need out asap.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:52 PM   #38
b.u.ti-ful

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!

Go back to kolledge!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a ding dang degree!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA - I hate this story!!!!!!!!!!!

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:00 PM   #39
cali-ti
aka Stabby

lol ... rarely is one's life story all happiness and fuzzy bunnies. broken backs and people taking advantage of you ... yep, sounds about right.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:07 PM   #40
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
my brother makes more than me and all he does is work out in the shop and help another worker build ****. and makes 11.50
and when i asked that how that was fair their answer was because he is older than you.
If you could somehow get that recorded or possibly have a witness testify, you'ld be a very rich man. Age discrimination works both ways.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #41
thesk8nmidget

hmm well there were 5 people in that meeting when that was said but only one that may possibly stand up for me and that is my brother but family members also are not as backing as a written email. i could possibly get the boss to say that in an email.

and i agree backstabbing and broken backs sounds like life to me hahahaha

and i want to go back to college. I just have to get out of this god forsaken town. I need to move onto a better place where i would be happy for a few years.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:43 PM   #42
thesk8nmidget

UPDATE:

got me a picture of what i have been doing

if you can see the cup says crown royal
Old 12-21-2007, 10:49 PM   #43
cali-ti
aka Stabby

cheers mate. i'm drinking a murphy's myself

i don't know why, but "crown royal" makes me think "royale with cheese" from pulp fiction, lol

Old 12-21-2007, 10:56 PM   #44
adamud

I have those same crown royal glasses!!
adamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:12 PM   #45
thesk8nmidget

Quote:
cheers mate. i'm drinking a murphy's myself

i don't know why, but "crown royal" makes me think "royale with cheese" from pulp fiction, lol
cheers,
because of the metric system? lol

never made me think of it, but im sure it will from now on

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamud View Post
I have those same crown royal glasses!!
high five! lol

i think they are my brothers