318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Misc

Notices

Misc Does not fit in any of the forums below.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 983,734 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
FLJayson318

Default Bad night for me

Long story short, went out to a party last night and i was to drunk to drive home... left my car at a friends house and my girlfriend drove me home. I then woke up to a phonecall with one of my friends telling me hes driving me to my car to talk about it. I then ended up with this

to make this really wierd though.. I woke up in the middle of the night from a bad dream. The dream i had was my car was totalled. wow pretty strang huh?

But ending this im guessing it will be atleast $2,000 in damage but thats without being able to open the hood. I do not know of any other damage. Hopefully none.

btw. I am the one that has recently been visiting johny and lookin at his turbo build, Man... all i gotta say is his car is a beast.
FLJayson318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
Xenocide

looks pretty close to totaled!

Mine was totaled for a door, mirror and a little body work.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
Mallard

Vehicles

Dude, u need a hood and a nose peice with grills

The front buper damage is minimal, the light may not be damaged

Nows the time to get the faclifted front (post 96) and grills

I dont know if its going to be as much as 2k , but with paint and so on id go about 7-800

It can be fixed no worries just be careful if you do notify your insurers

Vin Number decode and Retrofit Pdfs Available Free ! Just PM
Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
Marv17

how did it happen though? did one of your friends drive it that night for something? or was it hit?
well at least you did the smart thing by not driving home intoxicated. could've been worse that way.
at least now you can upgrade your front bumper to a m-tech one from DDM. (cheap) and get a new style grill set and nose panel.
it is a shame though that it happened.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
Xenocide

did it take out your condenser? Looks like it could have depending how far back that kidney was pushed. If so, you would need a new condenser and dryer.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #6
FLJayson318

Wellllllll what happen was we were parallel parked on the side of the street. He was parked infront of me, he thought he had enough room to back out so when he was backing out he rammed right into my car.I am not sure if the condenser is bad i cant open my hood.. its jammed...

what new nose panel can i get? i think im going to need a new front fender becuase there is a gash in the bottom of it
Old 08-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
Marv17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJayson318 View Post
Wellllllll what happen was we were parallel parked on the side of the street. He was parked infront of me, he thought he had enough room to back out so when he was backing out he rammed right into my car.I am not sure if the condenser is bad i cant open my hood.. its jammed...

what new nose panel can i get? i think im going to need a new front fender becuase there is a gash in the bottom of it
well if he backed in to you then you should have him pay for it or his insurance. because even though he is your friend its not right for you to pay out of your own pocket to fix what he did to your car while being parked. unless you were illegally parked then its your fault. but if you were fine and he hit you... then... sadly he should have to pay for the damages.
you can get a 96+ nosepanel and grills.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
FLJayson318

oh ya he is deffinately paying for it,his parents are giving me cash.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:38 AM   #9
tiFreak

Vehicles

doesn't look that bad, I sure wouldn't say it's totaled, you're lucky you didn't lose your friend fighting over it though
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:28 AM   #10
Maverix

Vehicles

It doesn't looked like it's pushed in enough to hurt the condenser. I'm 99% sure of that. All you need to replace is the hood, nose panel, and the grills. And it shouldn't be to expensive to replace it. $100, for hood; $50 for nose panel; and $20 for black grills. Bostongreen is a pretty popular ti color. So hit up your junk yard.

Good luck!
They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
After that... well nothing else really matters.
~Jess
Maverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Dude I'm so sorry that happened. Bring it down and we can fix it 100% I'm real good with body work. I do have a good hood but it is red if you want to install it and have it painted. Man that sucks...

John S
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #12
FLJayson318

well today i went to get the estimates from 4 different places. The first three places i went to all had the same estimate around $1975.00 and then the last one i went to the last one that was $2500.00. But i did notice when i was driving home that my ac is totally out. I think something is wrong with that..I still cant get the hood open to see if any of the the pupes are broken.

Another thing is all the estimates are still open to change.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #13
Xenocide

if AC is out, it hit your condenser, if a shop does that, add about $500 if not more to the bill.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #14
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

nah, it's definitely a DIY jobby. Pick yourself up an M3 bumper and Depos(as much as I hate to say it, DDM has the best prices). If johnboy's hood is off of a sedan it'll fit the Ti. Buy a nose panel and grilles from someone parting out an e36, any model will work. Find out which A/C components were damaged, again, search the part-out threads or post in the WTB section on bf.c. Have your buddy pay for half of a respray or put him to work and live happily ever after.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #15
Xenocide

Might be parting out my car here soon.....if you want body panels, give me a shout....my car is a 95...I also have the AC parts..