318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Misc

Notices

Misc Does not fit in any of the forums below.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 988,723 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #16
FLJayson318

well i think he is just going to pay for it all... i dont have enough time to do this my self lol 95 degree weather is killing me with no AC. Thanks for the help ill post some pictures of everything one its done...
FLJayson318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #17
Xenocide

If you have a shop do the work, especially with the AC and bodywork combined, the car is totaled.

Mine was totaled for $2200 worth of damage (I have a 95 as well), just make sure its not reported to insurance and you will be fine.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:07 AM   #18
Bozola
Z3

Vehicles

Congratulations on doing the right thing and not driving home.

Great Call.

Sorry about the car. (can be fixed)
________
buy easy vape

Last edited by Bozola; 01-31-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Bozola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:30 AM   #19
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozola View Post
Congratulations on doing the right thing and not driving home.

Great Call.

Sorry about the car. (can be fixed)
No $hit at his age I had no cares in the world, I would have wraped that thing around a pole or worst.

Smart thinking man
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #20
FLJayson318

haha thanks johny.... lol i will come and show it to you again soon when are ya racing?
Old 08-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #21
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJayson318 View Post
haha thanks johny.... lol i will come and show it to you again soon when are ya racing?
Just finished the throttle body hose replace with aluminum last night so I think next Wednesday night I will hit test and tune at Sunshine Speedway. Can't go this Friday got plans.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:08 AM   #22
Mopho

Quote:
oh ya he is deffinately paying for it,his parents are giving me cash.
Take it into a professional body shop where they can paint the inside of the parts before assembly, measure and square the fenders, streighten the right fender, align the NEW hood (that one is toast) align the headlights propery, and let the dufus that ran into it pay for it to be done right.

I don't know how many cars I fixed in my body shop that someone else with no experience thought they could fix it themselves!
It was usually harder to fix after someone tried to fix it themselves.
For one thing, the front end radiator support is bent or the hood would open.
The headlight is almost always broken on the mounts under the hood.

Not to bum you out, but I am a perfectionist. If you aren't sure you can fix it, let a professional do it so the color matches, everything aligns, and your resale and satifaction are not comprimised. You can upgrade to newer parts and M bumper, the shop will ablige.

Good luck, and by the way, I have a Green '96 now just like yours! My white tiis gone with the wind. Too many problems with my first one, the white ti.
I get a lot of complements on the green pearl.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #23
drrty byl

I vote for the DIY approach if you have some time, since the car is still drivable. I did this same repair job on my ti about 2 years ago with a CF hood.

As others have mentioned, boston green is a pretty popular color and you'll probably be able to find a hood and nose panel from a 4-door E36 or ti -- and the paint should be faded similarly to yours [if in decent condition]... If you go the used/junkyard route and find what you need, you might be looking at as little as ~$150 + time.
drrty byl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #24
ronomonroe

maybe he's just not a gator fan...
ronomonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #25
FLJayson318

Sorry its long

lol well I took it to the shop, got it fixed but i was not satisfied.. I went back to the guy a day later and yelled at him because my hood was not opening properly and there were bubbles in the paint. Then I noticed my headlight wasn't aligned properly but then when i got more in-depth I saw everything was still pushed back into the engine bay... I’ve taken it back to the guy and he said that’s the best he could do. But I’ve given up on getting it fixed somewhere.. The shop I went to was the biggest POS I’ve ever seen. Now i guess i get to do the "do it yourself" part of it. Whenever I go down and see Johny I’m going to see what we can do.. I’m thinking I need to realign the radiator support bar... But that wont be for a couple of weeks

I know im doing the wrong thing by fixing it myself but im tired of dealing with other people about it. The kid was pissed that i brought him an estimate of $2,200. So i think he went down there and told the guy to do a half ass job..

You really cant notice it if you dont own a ti but i know all of us here on the org would be like hmmmmmm what happen here
Old 09-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #26
Mopho

Quote:
Sorry its long

lol well I took it to the shop, got it fixed but i was not satisfied.. I went back to the guy a day later and yelled at him because my hood was not opening properly and there were bubbles in the paint. Then I noticed my headlight wasn't aligned properly but then when i got more in-depth I saw everything was still pushed back into the engine bay... I’ve taken it back to the guy and he said that’s the best he could do. But I’ve given up on getting it fixed somewhere.. The shop I went to was the biggest POS I’ve ever seen. Now i guess i get to do the "do it yourself" part of it. Whenever I go down and see Johny I’m going to see what we can do.. I’m thinking I need to realign the radiator support bar... But that wont be for a couple of weeks

I know im doing the wrong thing by fixing it myself but im tired of dealing with other people about it. The kid was pissed that i brought him an estimate of $2,200. So i think he went down there and told the guy to do a half ass job..

You really cant notice it if you dont own a ti but i know all of us here on the org would be like hmmmmmm what happen here
I'm sorry to hear you got a bum shop. This is another one of my pet pieves.
I am retired from the business of repairing the cars, but I now write insurance estimates for Cal West Appraisals.
I had to be licensed, go to Hybrid and I-Car training.
I also know that you have the right to have your car "Returned to pre-accident condition".
If you are not happy with the work, you can take it and have it redone at a BMW recommended shop and have a guarntee on the work done.

I don't know how many cars I fixed that had already been fixed.

Too many for sure. Sad but true.
If the shop just threw your car together, you can sue them and have it done right, and they will have to pay you back.
I have done AAA assignments where if the work was not done right, they demand the money back and have your car done at a AAA approved DRP shop.
Good luck again, hope you can resolve this and get your baby back in shape!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #27
FLJayson318

Thanks man... How can i move the nose panel out more??? Its still pushed back have any clue?