318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
1997 manual 318TI M...
Yesterday 09:38 AM
Last post by angwydwagon
Yesterday 09:38 AM
0 Replies, 254 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
05-09-2024 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,311,998 Views
View Poll Results: I drive my Ti in the winter.
Yes 181 85.38%
No 31 14.62%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 11-04-2005, 01:28 AM   #31
Sekurit

Because I'm modding mine more as the months go on. I'm currently looking for a beater. I'm gonna head to an auction within a couple of weeks, b/c I despise having to drive the Compact 50 miles to/from work 5 days a week. I think a late model civic or corolla would be best b/c of gas mileage and reliability.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:37 AM   #32
Silver00spike

I'm too scarred of running it with the new engine. Too much low end torque, no more traction control, and can't fit 16" wheels over the m3 brakes
Silver00spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:12 AM   #33
twomato

Hey, I've got a nice 1995 ti auto FS that would make great winter transportation. See my gallery for pics and see my post. Twomato
twomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:34 AM   #34
Silver00spike

I change my vote. The roads in Philly are surprisingly dry most of the time. I even drove it today wheeee
Silver00spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:11 PM   #35
SDKmann

All I have to say on this subject is beware the black ice.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:46 AM   #36
buckowens

Ti is up for the winter. I have a 32 mile one way and drive a Subaru Outback. Not as good on the mileage though...
buckowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:40 PM   #37
newagecustoms

Southwest Oklahoma, we dont get snow, we get some snow flakes, but they melt when they hit the ground, its just like rain. My TI gets out in the winter (just not right now, its in the shop, i'll post pics when its done, full makeover).
newagecustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:18 AM   #38
adamud

My dad wakes me up in the middle of the night and tells me to go find a parking lot and practice. First winter in Kansas with the ti. Refuse to drive it in salt mainly because 3 of my 5 cars are partial rust buckets and Im not bondoing anymore cars until im old.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:56 AM   #39
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

I've had my car for about 5yrs and have never put snow tires on it and i live in New England. I just have Dunlop all season tires that i run all year round. I never really has any problems up in Boston with my car when i lived there but last winter in RI sucked. I was planning on getting some this year but couldn't make up my mind about which ones to buy. So i just said screw it this year,it hasn't snowed that much yet. The ti drives fine in the snow as long as you don't drive like a moron you'll be fine.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #40
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver00spike
I change my vote. The roads in Philly are surprisingly dry most of the time. I even drove it today wheeee
Hehe, I had to drive to West Chester Sunday morning after our blizzard a few days ago... Took about 1.5 hours to dig myself out of the apartment parking lot with my dustpan (why would I need a shovel, I live in a high rise...???) at 8:00 in the morning... , but once she got out she ran like a charm through the city and highways were pretty clear so had no problems at all.

Generally Philly stays pretty dry though.

Only car I have and since I'm still in grad school no $$ for a beater, lol.

Where you at in Philly btw Silver?
Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:03 AM   #41
Mothman

Vehicles

Southern California here, I have to travel four hours north east to drive in the snow. Don't want to after seeing what the snow and salt they put on the roads do to your ti.

Mothman

Mothman

[SIGPIC]
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:13 AM   #42
Mothman

Vehicles
Default Five Minutes

I bet that was one the the longest FIVE minutes of your life as you watch the hail hit your car at 5-10 miles mph. "do hurt my car, do hurt my car!" I stop under an overpass one afternoon as Hail started to fall. CHP (California Highway Patrol) pulled up behind me asked me If I was ok, I said "Yeap, having car problems issues," He said "Issues, what's wrong? your car seems to be running ok." I said, "I can either drive in the hail and risk having dings in my car and file a calm with the Insurance company." "Or I can sit here and chat with you for five more minutes till the hail passes." He laugh and so we talked about the CHP officers that drive the BMW Supercharger bikes. He was jealous, but prefers the car. He stated at least he has heat and AC.

Outie,
Mothman

(sorry so long )

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwracerchick
What is snow? lol The only thing that ever came close to snow was hail we had early this year. I was freaking out when I woke up to something hitting my ceiling and found out it was Hail....that never happens here. I was staring at my car praying it wouldnt get damaged...it was a looooooong 5 minutes.

We arent supposed to get these things in Florida....grr

Mothman

[SIGPIC]
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:51 PM   #43
halobeamin

i drive in the winter.. but not as much as in the summer.. i have a 96' camry i can drive whenever i feel like it, and plus the Ms. is always willing to sport her brand new black mustang gt
halobeamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:19 PM   #44
volt5659

I need help... I was driving my 1998 318ti to work this morning and I looked down to see my speed and noticed my traction control light was on. I pushed the button...nothing. So I went on my way to get the morning java.Came out started my car and the light was off, I thought SWEET!! But about 2 miles later it came back on and then about a mile the light went off and so on. I think it's a wheel speed sensor. Have any of you had this problem...If so what the part cost and is it easy to install? Thanks for any and all info
volt5659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:10 AM   #45
nusstroy

suburban, that thing will go through atleast a foot, (maybe a foot and a half) of snow.