10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 989,520 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Bill Proud

Smile 98 318ti remains For Sale

Being still true to my email address somewhat, this weekend I bought the remains of a totalled 98 318ti . Biggest bits of sheet metal were two door shells, the complete sunroof cassette and trunk/boot/hatch lid with no glass -in black- and some of the small body closures like the under-door side cladding and blanking plates where foglights go (to get broken !) .All in totally rust-free condition from a southern car
Heavy Metal bits.......front bumper reinforcement beam and rear diff carrier/subframe
On the dressy-bits of the interior there's the two halves of the back seat back (upright) and the wedgy bits around it and a beautiful dahboard in light-grey vinyl and the centre-console .
Two short-block motors , one good (?) M44 cyl head complete with contents,two exh headers, one complete OEM exh system including the pussy cat ,both halves of the intake manifold with AFM , motor mounts,trans mount ,a good rear right swingarm , a left hand one with a bad bearing -.
Front brake/steering hubs , front calipers (MY how they've grown since the 2002 !) , strut bearings/mounts
Lots of misc ...LOTS! -covers my shopfloor !..like most of the AC system , door and trunk seals , switches , switches and switches , wierd electronic boxes for ABS controller , DME, a huge pile of moulded plastic stuff, under body and exh heat shields and the like .This is why the word 'etc' was invented ! .....I have 'etc' coming out my ears !
So if you need anything that can be shipped cost effectively let me know-send me a photo or point to an oem.com drawing. Or come by Exit 22 off I65 70 mls south of Nashville-nose-singing capital of the World .If it isnt listed it doesnt mean I havent got it -I may not have found it yet ....just ask!
I DO NOT check this site very often ......send a direct email or wait a long time..
Bill Proud ..BMWBITS@Bellsouth.net
Bill Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
Ralliart10

do u have the rear speakers?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
Bill Proud

Default 318TI PARTS

dO i HAVE THE REAR SPEAKERS ? NOPE ....sorry
Old 05-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Dave_PA

do you have the plastic piece that goes in the head with the two 'twist type' clips that says 'bmw' on it?
Dave_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
SilverHatchback

Would you sell the engine?
SilverHatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:45 AM   #6
Eudaemonic

Email sent
Eudaemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:21 AM   #7
lemon.j.poodingtonsworthy

do you have the pillars in front that go in front of the windshield?
Old 05-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
reason

Do you have the shift boot? If it is a manual of course.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
Bill Proud

Smile PARTING 318TI

Despite my specifically asking for direct emails .....some dont seem able to grasp the concept . So here are some tardy answers ....

Do I have the plastic piece that fits to the top of the cyl head ...yes , but not the two thumbscrews

Would I sell the engine ?........yes

Email sent .........Email not received from mystery address

Do I have pillars in front of the windshield .......318ti's didnt come with flag-mounts in the fenders . Are you talking about the A-pillar covers INSIDE the car ? .......yes I have those -the moulded fiberglass and the padding , both sides , but not the covering fabric .

Do I have the shift boot ?......Car is autotragic ....or was 'til overtaken by tragedy . So nope , sorry

Bill Proud (AKA BMWBITS@BELLSOUTH.NET )
Old 06-18-2011, 03:41 AM   #10
Bill Proud

I tried to answer the questions as posited and have received no follow up so assume y'all learned what you needed to know .
I still have several piles of parts ranging from inside plastic (some in light grey coloured vinyl , some in black ) and the CHMSL from the tailgate/hatch down to rr swingarm and several 'computers' ......and lots of stuff inbetween .
BEST thing to do is send me a link to the relevant OEM.com page and part reference 'cuz sometimes your description and my understanding are two different things

Bill Proud (AKA BMWBITS@bellsouth.net ).....70mls south of Nashville, Nose singing capital of the World!
Old 06-19-2011, 03:48 AM   #11
Timberwoof

Vehicles

Email sent. I found pictures of parts; now I need to find pictures that show me where to go: my 318ti has some of them missing but I don't know which ones.
Timberwoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:18 PM   #12
Bill Proud

Exclamation 318 ti 1998 parts for sale

As a gentleman from Pa and I have just discovered , NOT ALL PARTS from one ti are interchangeable year-to-year ....and I dont mean the obvious stuff like M42 vs M44 motors .
In this particular case it was the plastic door-sills -those things you kick getting into your seat .
His car is a 95 and had longer sills plate covers with an upturn at the backend .
The parts I sent him , from a 98 do NOT have the upturned ends .BMW saved a few $$ by using less plastic in later years

Lesson learned ..DO your due-diligence (on OEM.ORG ) to verify what's being sold does indeed fir your year of ti ......

I HATE IT when this happens .

Bill Proud .....still with a LOT of stuff ...
Old 06-23-2011, 04:19 AM   #13
jca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart10 View Post
do u have the rear speakers?
IMO the quality of the OEM speakers is not that good. You might consider some aftermarket speakers. In the knowledge base section of this site are instructions on how to install bigger speakers in the rear deck. I was able to fit six and a half inch speakers in front kick panels with very little cutting and bending of sheet metal. I also replaced the larger of the door speakers (which turned out to be about the same size as a one inch tweeter) with three and a half inch coaxial units. The sound fidelity is noticeably better.
jca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #14
ron1999

Vehicles

PM sent - i need AC
ron1999 is offline   Reply With Quote