318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,010,303 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-11-2006, 03:09 AM   #46
L84THSKY

Don't be surprised if you see alot of chatter from Midnight Autoworks, then they dissappear for awhile. This is the same crap Joe pulled on the KO disaster.

The point is this, if they have a running proven system that has been installed dozens of times, then why didn't they ALREADY have pictures and videos?
With all the so called "experience" in doing this supercharger, they sure seem way behind the eight ball.

The supercharger selling on Ebay now will probably not sell, only proving that the price they market this kit as is too high.

That is what hooked me into the KO system in the first place. I thought I got a great deal at $2000.00, turns out I got ripped off.

Don't hold your breath, cause I'm the most serious potential customer on this site, and I'm long from convinced they even have ONE working system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT
I'm starting to wonder about this. There are like 6 people on this site that have shown interest in this kit, but he still hasn't posted up any more information. He's ignoring a major customer base here. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:22 AM   #47
andyman7931

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY

Don't hold your breath, cause I'm the most serious potential customer on this site, and I'm long from convinced they even have ONE working system!

I'm not going to buy one unless they make you a satisfied customer first.

I know they'll change their website after I post this, just like they did with the incorrect hp figures, but if you look at the pricing section of the website (http://www.eatonm3.com/pricing.htm) it looks like it's from someone else. Who is JR performance, and why does the title bar say "knowledge base search form"? Also, the intake manifold section says something rather scary... "We use our KO design custom cast-Aluminum intake manifold to fit the Eaton Supercharger to the BMW cylinderhead" If L8's experiences with KO and the pictures I saw of the KO manifold are even a hint of what these guys are about, I'm thinking the DASC is more of a way to go.

--still waiting on high res pics here...
andyman7931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:26 AM   #48
andyman7931

EVEN SCARIER... went to the checkout section... http://www.eatonm3.com/kbaftr.htm

look at the contact info...

Email: jag@koperformance.com

Phone: (888)-581-1035
Old 01-11-2006, 03:41 AM   #49
1996 328ti

Vehicles

http://www.whois.sc/eatonm3.com
Registrant:
J&R performance
545 Ft. Lauderdale Beach BLVD.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
US

Domain name: EATONM3.COM

Administrative Contact:
Ghattas, Joseph
650 west ave.
Miami, FL 33139
US
954-696-7333
Technical Contact:
Manager, Domains
5160 Yonge St
Toronto, ON M2N 6L9
CA
+1.4166612100 Fax: +1.4166610700

http://www.whois.sc/koperformance.com
Domain Name.......... koperformance.com
Creation Date........ 2001-08-03
Registration Date.... 2001-08-03
Expiry Date.......... 2008-08-03
Organisation Name.... KO ENTERPRISES, INC.
Organisation Address. 10871 NW 12 PL
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Plantation
Organisation Address. 33322
Organisation Address. FL
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... John Paul Komasinski
Admin Address........ 1216 Dickinson Dr. Apt 36W
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Coral Gables
Admin Address........ 33146
Admin Address........ FL
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source
Admin Phone.......... 305-502-4403
Admin Fax............
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:11 AM   #50
Midnight Autoworks

Like I said, we are not done with the web site, we did not post the website here because it is not done, I (Joseph Ghattas used to work with KO Performance like you all know.
I started setting up the Midnight Autoworks website about 3 months ago and I threw all of the pages up with anything I had and I am finishing them one page at a time. If you would rather me delete the pages until I am done, we can. I am not asking anyone here to send money to purchase one of these kits, This thread was started when I made an offer, I have offered to sell ONE supercharger , and I personally will be installing that supercharger, other then that, Midnight Autoworks website is not open for online sales yet.
Just wait until were done with site, Once again let me reiterate, Midnight Autoworks is not associated with KO Performance and our supercharger is not the kit they were shipping. On the other hand I do find it interesting that the name KO is like a curse word on here when I went to the originaly with my kit because I thought they were an upfront company, by the way there M50 manifold conversion kit is also a midnight autoworks kit that I am sure they are coping becuase there not buying them from us anymore.
Midnight Autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #51
Midnight Autoworks

I know you guys are saying that you are interested or scared or whatever, I am not here to arm wrestle you into my supercharger kit, I have a z3 1.9 and I have this kit on my car and I have put it on many other peoples cars in south Florida , If you are interested in the kit, I am never going to give the kit away for free, but I will let one of you "try before you buy" by personally putting one on your car and then you can buy it or tell me to take it home with me. I can't think of another way to prove a product , It doesn’t cost you anything if you don’t like it. "Don’t like it " is a totally open statement! so even if it beats 214rwhp and it looks sweet and you just don't like it, then we take it home. So if your thinking about it, take a test drive, in your own car with our kit.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:38 AM   #52
Panzer_M

let me come down with 2 other trusted bimmer guys and test drive your z3, show us the production line and the quality of the parts and I'll tape the whole show and post it here.

after seeing the quality of the 3 and 1/2 ports done on L8's kit, my opinion is the KO setup is and was a joke, and if you try to buffer that 1. your not a engineer and 2. your an idiiot for thinking that is a good design, and I don't care about the forward shift excuse, that could have been done better/cleaner.
http://www.cfbmw.org/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1
Panzer_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:52 AM   #53
Midnight Autoworks

Once again, KO was not shipping midnight autoworks kits,We are not KO.
But, yes I would love to have you guys come down and drive our cars and have a look around, please pm or call me at (954)-696-7333 we can work out an apointment for a test drive.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:31 AM   #54
HuGo

not bad not bad.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:21 PM   #55
andyman7931

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Autoworks
Like I said, we are not done with the web site, we did not post the website here because it is not done, I (Joseph Ghattas used to work with KO Performance like you all know.
ok, we know you use to work at KO. I understand that.

Quote:
I started setting up the Midnight Autoworks website about 3 months ago and I threw all of the pages up with anything I had and I am finishing them one page at a time.
so if you started setting up the webpage 3 months ago and copied KO's stuff, that leads me to believe that your company is younger than KO.

Quote:
Once again let me reiterate, Midnight Autoworks is not associated with KO Performance and our supercharger is not the kit they were shipping.
then why does your website say it uses KO parts, and why does your contact info use a KO e-mail address and telephone #?

Also, didn't you promise us high resolution pictures by last night?

Quote:
This thread was started when I made an offer, I have offered to sell ONE supercharger , and I personally will be installing that supercharger, other then that, Midnight Autoworks website is not open for online sales yet.
is this the ONE supercharger you're selling on ebay, or the ONE you are selling here. Why does your website provide a link to paypal for people to order kits if you're only selling ONE + ONE = ONE. (KO engineer's math)
Old 01-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #56
Midnight Autoworks

Again andy, not here to arm wrestle,the web site is not done, But if you remember a company called z3power, that was me you can look it up, years before KO performance ever had mention of a 1.9l s/c. I am selling a kit on ebay, and I am offering this forum the one installed supercharger, my point is I am not in a hurry to sell you guys the kit before I prove the kit, So just wait, I am not doe yet, when I have posted everything and there is one forum member with this kit on his car, then Ill start advertising and selling this product and you guys can milk me for info. Also, I am not going to sell a single kit I dont already have in a box ready to ship. Build times are stupid and it just means the company a:didnt have the money to inventory everything, or B: started selling and never cought up.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #57
L84THSKY

I'm curious, how long do you think it will take to install? Keep in mind, you are offering to install, then if I don't like it, remove the whole thing. You can bet that if you install it on a Sturday, assuming you can in one day, and it doesn't work, you will reverse the whole process so I can drive it to work on Monday.

So give me a time line on a full install and removal, assuming 3 hours inbetween for drive testing?

Quote:
I know you guys are saying that you are interested or scared or whatever, I am not here to arm wrestle you into my supercharger kit, I have a z3 1.9 and I have this kit on my car and I have put it on many other peoples cars in south Florida , If you are interested in the kit, I am never going to give the kit away for free, but I will let one of you "try before you buy" by personally putting one on your car and then you can buy it or tell me to take it home with me. I can't think of another way to prove a product , It doesn’t cost you anything if you don’t like it. "Don’t like it " is a totally open statement! so even if it beats 214rwhp and it looks sweet and you just don't like it, then we take it home. So if your thinking about it, take a test drive, in your own car with our kit.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:10 PM   #58
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY
I'm curious, how long do you think it will take to install? Keep in mind, you are offering to install, then if I don't like it, remove the whole thing. You can bet that if you install it on a Sturday, assuming you can in one day, and it doesn't work, you will reverse the whole process so I can drive it to work on Monday.

So give me a time line on a full install and removal, assuming 3 hours inbetween for drive testing?
You won't want to take it off.

I'm going to assume this kit works and makes power. Ultimately that is what you are after. Fit and finish is where KO feel short, and Joe's story is believable (KO copied his design). Some high res photos that show the fit and finish of the kit would be great.

The throttle body adapter that KO sold was soooooooooo bad. Can we see a pic of your adapter?

KO's:

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #59
Midnight Autoworks

Default Time line on supercharger test run

Me and Gus have done this in a record time of 8 hours from stock to charged, but assuming it takes an additional 2 hours for unexpected delays , We fly up in the morning , around 10 am we arrive, hopefully you pick us up from the airport, with our parts and our tools, we go to your house and start installing the kit right away, by 9 pm we will be done for sure. You drive the car lets say 4 hours , if you like it we settle up and we go to the airport for an earlier stand-by flight home, If you don't like it, we pull an all nighter and remove the kit , return your car to stock by noon the next day and we take a cab and catch our return flight home at 5pm.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #60
Blackie

Joe, so you were with z3power which designed the original kit or was it Midnight that that designed the original kit? From various threads, you seemed to be associated with z3power, Midnight, and KO and the track records for all of them are not very encouraging!

If you were involved with the design and after so many years, the quality of craftsmanship still looks like sh*t! Looking at the pictures Dusten has posted, I would be very scare to put anything like that in my car, even if you give it away for free! Personally, I would rather save up another grand and get a proven SC from Downing.

Quote:
Again andy, not here to arm wrestle,the web site is not done, But if you remember a company called z3power, that was me you can look it up, years before KO performance ever had mention of a 1.9l s/c. I am selling a kit on ebay, and I am offering this forum the one installed supercharger, my point is I am not in a hurry to sell you guys the kit before I prove the kit, So just wait, I am not doe yet, when I have posted everything and there is one forum member with this kit on his car, then Ill start advertising and selling this product and you guys can milk me for info. Also, I am not going to sell a single kit I dont already have in a box ready to ship. Build times are stupid and it just means the company a:didnt have the money to inventory everything, or B: started selling and never cought up.
Blackie is offline   Reply With Quote