318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > eBay and Craig's list listings

Notices

eBay and Craig's list listings Listings of interest or amusement.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 987,069 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-09-2005, 08:25 AM   #1
BimmerBabe

Default Body Kits

There are a lot of e36 body kits on Ebay, but does anyone know if most of them will fit the TI? There's this one in particular that I like http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW Where can I find a good body kit for the TI and which ones will fit it?
BimmerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:45 AM   #2
m-technik_ti

The front will fit but the skirts and rear will not. And stick with ABS plastic kits for the Bmw, fiberglass has a tendency to develop stress-cracks over time.

Personally, i prefer Rieger kits for the ti. Here’s the link to their online catalogue. They offer the e46 style front as well.

http://www.rieger-tuning.de/en/Showr...6_compact.html

Online, you can purchase Rieger products from mms tuning:

http://www.mmstuning.com/bmwshop.htm

If you've got any other questions regarding your Ti dont be shy to ask
Old 05-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #3
GDB

Looks like the seller doesn't even know what kind of side skirts he has since there's pics of 2 different sets of skirts.
Member #1 Keep E46 Bumpers off E36s Club
http://www.geocities.com/guywiththebluecar/GDBsig2.bmp
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #4
m-technik_ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB
Looks like the seller doesn't even know what kind of side skirts he has since there's pics of 2 different sets of skirts.
hehe, ya you are right. In-fact, stay away from the 'e-bay special' kits completely, unless you really know what you are looking for. Too many people I know have had baad experiences with those kits that they think they are getting a 'good' deal on.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #5
BimmerBabe

Thanks for the help guys! But does anyone know any places or websites in Canada where I can get a body kit or other parts? Most of the sites online are American based, and when you convert the prices to Canadian dollars and then add customs and duties to have it shipped over here, it adds up to A LOT more than it would if I lived in the States
BimmerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 12:50 AM   #6
m-technik_ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBabe
Thanks for the help guys! But does anyone know any places or websites in Canada where I can get a body kit or other parts? Most of the sites online are American based, and when you convert the prices to Canadian dollars and then add customs and duties to have it shipped over here, it adds up to A LOT more than it would if I lived in the States
Don’t you just hate customs duties?!?! I ship my products over to my summer place in Washington State so i can avoid it, but i know what you mean. Unfortunately, the only places that i know of are in B.C. but I’ll give em to you anyways.

RPI Performance is the official dealer of Rieger products in B.C.

http://www.rpiequipped.com/

And of course CG Motorsports, they do all the work on my Bmw. They dont really do too much e-commerce, so their prices and products on the webpage are kinda off, its best to contact them over e-mail or phone.

http://www.cgmotorsports.com/index.html
Old 05-18-2005, 02:46 AM   #7
precisiongrafx

i got mine from ebay seller baysonR out of cali. its fiberglass and had no problems with it. if i crash my car im sure it will explode but dont have plans on running into any curbs or walls
precisiongrafx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:31 AM   #8
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by precisiongrafx
iif i crash my car im sure it will explode but dont have plans on running into any curbs or walls
Well I like to crash my car everyday possible just for shnits and giggles!jk and btw precisiongrafx thats a great looking ti. I haven't really liked the E46 bumper until seeing yours. My compliments!!!
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...urowerksig.jpg
nick_hegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:30 AM   #9
precisiongrafx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_hegel
Well I like to crash my car everyday possible just for shnits and giggles!jk and btw precisiongrafx thats a great looking ti. I haven't really liked the E46 bumper until seeing yours. My compliments!!!
thanks nick
precisiongrafx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:13 AM   #10
mpower1226

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBabe

yeah, there is a place in North York, that do all the bodykits for e36.
He has Reiger replica as well. pm me for the address and number.
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:51 PM   #11
city

STAY AWAY FROM EBAY. yes they are cheap and so are they products, my old ti I bought a kit for and its basically a guessing game to whoever is putting on the kit because there are NO MOUNT SPOTS, no predrilled holes, nothing, they just throw you a hunk of fiberglasses and wish you luck. LOL
DASC•Custom Black Leather Interior w/ Silver Inserts•AC Schnizter:Pedals/Shift Knob/E-Brake Handle•Aluminum Gauge Faces•Alpine Speakers/Tweeters•Custom False Floor System•K&N Filter•Hi-Flow Z3/ti 97’•M3 Clutch•Lightweight Flywheel•Turner Motorsports SSK•H&R Race Springs•Racing Dynamics:Front Strut Brace/Sway Bar/Shocks/Bodykit/Rear Spoiler•Brembo Cross-Drilled Rotors•Supersprint Exhaust•19” Seducer Wheels•M3 Mirrors•Clear Corner Lights/Side Markers•Euro Taillights•DZUZ Fastened•3.73 LSD
city is offline   Reply With Quote