318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Electrical

Notices

Electrical All wiring questions.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 97,373 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 60,313 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 57,673 Views
M50+manual swap bastard...
03-01-2024 11:00 PM
Last post by Andy318
03-18-2024 02:34 PM
3 Replies, 132,869 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 12-27-2005, 06:05 AM   #31
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by clex2
The bubble is not completely bursted (sp?) at this point. It is too bad that's not your car, but I'm gald to hear you have a potential source of pics/info. By the looks of the pictures, he ditched the factory subwoofer for a bigger DIY job. All I ask, sprnova, is that you squeeze this guy for as much info as you can get. This post has been up for a while and you're the first with any kind of lead. I bet we would have to cut out the rear floor pan and weld in a new one and like I hypothesized, ditch the sapre for the M-mobility kit or something. I would rather have that big battery in my car than the little racing battery I have, just for the peace of mind.
no way ... the 323 still has the spare hanging underneath from what i've seen in the ETK. and also from what i've seen, that isn't the stock sub (look at the EBA disc and you'll see complete instructions for retrofiting the sub - it attaches to one of the rear seats.

to echo clex2's comments, i LAUD your efforts suprnova! if you can get them to grab detailed pics of where it sits, how it attaches ... ie, peeling up the carpet and all the layers so we can see what the hatch floor looks like, if there's a battery mat, how the battery is secured, where the ground strap shown in the ETK attaches ... all the possible details ... that would be unbelievable! i'd love to move my battery into the location you show and do it completely factory and do a complete writeup on how it needs to be done (if clex2 doesn't beat me to it!). anyone with a 6 swap or even those who want a little better weight distribution.

I'M VERY EXCITED! YOU ROCK!
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:11 PM   #32
sprnova

Guys,

Have not forgotten about this. My euro contact has not gotten back to me with pictures yet. But in the mean time I am struggling with trying to decide what wheels to get for my car. I am pretty set on getting AC Schnitzer Type II's in 18x8.5. I think if the car is lowered the correct amount they will look good. The car will not be a daily driver so I am not too concerned with ride quality. Any thoughts/opinions? Probably should PM me to keep unrelevant info out of this thread. Thanks.
sprnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:51 PM   #33
sprnova

Default Pictures have arrived!

Here are some pictures that he snapped for me. He has been busy prepping his e30 for upcoming track duty at the NÜRBURGRING so I am hesitant to bother him to much more right now. But I would like to get more detailed pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	battery1.JPG Views:	274 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	1105   Click image for larger version Name:	battery2.JPG Views:	265 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	1106   Click image for larger version Name:	battery3.JPG Views:	270 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	1107  

Click image for larger version Name:	battery4.JPG Views:	247 Size:	64.7 KB ID:	1108  
Old 12-29-2005, 09:02 PM   #34
cali-ti
aka Stabby

wow, significantly different. clex2 may be right, the floor pan may be different (that would suck). i'll be patient i've found most of the diagrams that show the parts we're looking at in those photos. the way the tire mounts underneath is a good bit different. as you sprnova, i'd like to see better details, but i can wait. it's almost like having to wait for christmas morning
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

Old 12-29-2005, 09:07 PM   #35
sprnova

Ya I hear ya. I agree the trunk floor has to be different. The diagram for removing the spare is quite a bit different from the method used to remove the USA spare.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:13 PM   #36
cali-ti
aka Stabby

if we could get pics in various stages of disassembly all the way down to the bare floor pan, that'd be awesome (and this guy would be a very patient and understanding person!). i'll try to disassemble mine over the next month or so to get an idea what it looks like for comparison to when we get pics from your source. i'm hoping we can still do it without too many mods (preferably none) to the floor pan.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:17 PM   #37
sprnova

Yes I can ask him if he would do it. I would even be willing to shoot some money his way to give him more incentive.

I already have my trunk disassembled so if you want to skip the hassel on your end I would be happy to snap pics of mine. It's just sitting in the garage hibernating for the winter.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:21 PM   #38
cali-ti
aka Stabby

i agree on passing him some bucks and i'd be in too. that'd be great if you want to take some pics of yours

Old 12-30-2005, 03:29 AM   #39
clex2

I'd give $ for that info too.
'95 330ti CS w/sr delete, S50USB30, cams, 24# inj, Conforti SW, Euro HFM, Samco Silicone Intake Boot, BBTB, Euro Oil Cooler, JTD CAI Duct, RE DMS exhaust, RE Tranny mounts, CF Valve Cover, LTW flywheel/Kevlar sprung hub clutch, RE SSK, 3.46 Finned LSD (M6) , M3 tranny, Brembos, RE Wheel Studs, SS brake/clutch lines, CF interior, Rear Headrest retrofit, Tilt Steering retrofit, 13.5 lb DynaBatt in rear, LED interior/footwell lights, ZKW HID, Headlight Aim Control, Rear fog light w/cluster indicator, CF 3 Aux gauge pod, BMW Traffic Pro/Alpine MP3-CD Changer, Staggered LTW wheels, '95 M3 steering rack, VIS CF Hood, M3 LTW Strut Bar, TCK SA coilovers, Red LTW Motorsport Seatbelts, OEM Fire Extinguisher, Z8 Starter button, Auto dim rear view mirror w/ Homelink/Compass, PDC, Rear Sun Shade, Euro Gauge Cluster w/oil temp/shift light , Headlight Washers, "Motorsport" Door Handles, CF Grills, French ZKW Fogs, Euro dash bins, Power Lumbar Support is next, Coming e39 M5 interior light, Bimmer Magazine 8/2007
clex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:06 AM   #40
AlaskaBlue

I can take pics of mine...it is just the bare metal in back already. No spare, no tools or anything. Would you like?
Old 12-30-2005, 04:10 AM   #41
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBlue
I can take pics of mine...it is just the bare metal in back already. No spare, no tools or anything. Would you like?
POST away my man ... POST AWAY!

Old 12-30-2005, 04:19 AM   #42
clex2

Cali-ti,

I think AlaskaBlue has a 318ti, like WE ALL DO here. We know what our cars look like, but we need 323ti pics!!! I emailed another guy and he's not reponding so no dice : (
'95 330ti CS w/sr delete, S50USB30, cams, 24# inj, Conforti SW, Euro HFM, Samco Silicone Intake Boot, BBTB, Euro Oil Cooler, JTD CAI Duct, RE DMS exhaust, RE Tranny mounts, CF Valve Cover, LTW flywheel/Kevlar sprung hub clutch, RE SSK, 3.46 Finned LSD (M6) , M3 tranny, Brembos, RE Wheel Studs, SS brake/clutch lines, CF interior, Rear Headrest retrofit, Tilt Steering retrofit, 13.5 lb DynaBatt in rear, LED interior/footwell lights, ZKW HID, Headlight Aim Control, Rear fog light w/cluster indicator, CF 3 Aux gauge pod, BMW Traffic Pro/Alpine MP3-CD Changer, Staggered LTW wheels, '95 M3 steering rack, VIS CF Hood, M3 LTW Strut Bar, TCK SA coilovers, Red LTW Motorsport Seatbelts, OEM Fire Extinguisher, Z8 Starter button, Auto dim rear view mirror w/ Homelink/Compass, PDC, Rear Sun Shade, Euro Gauge Cluster w/oil temp/shift light , Headlight Washers, "Motorsport" Door Handles, CF Grills, French ZKW Fogs, Euro dash bins, Power Lumbar Support is next, Coming e39 M5 interior light, Bimmer Magazine 8/2007
clex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:20 AM   #43
AlaskaBlue

Yeah it is average american ti trunk hatch area. It is just bare metal so that you can see the difference in the trays.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:24 AM   #44
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by clex2
Cali-ti,

I think AlaskaBlue has a 318ti, like WE ALL DO here. We know what our cars look like, but we need 323ti pics!!! I emailed another guy and he's not reponding so no dice : (
i know he does ... but once we get the 323ti pics (bare floor pan) i want to be able to compare them ... i don't know what mine looks like down to that layer right now.

sprnova will get the pics from the guy ... just be patient. kinda funny how it's suddenly a rush ... like we haven't been dealing with our batteries in the front for like 10 years, lol. i got interested after seeing the 323ti had it in the back and when i was perusing through the ETK.

Old 12-30-2005, 04:44 AM   #45
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBlue
Yeah it is average american ti trunk hatch area. It is just bare metal so that you can see the difference in the trays.
yeah ... especially handy if you can get some angles that would show the depth of the pan where the battery in the 323ti seems to fit. that'll likely be the critical area to determine if the pan is different and whether or not we might be able to fit it there. again, please post away alaskablue

EDIT: probably post to your gallery so we can get some high res pics to look at and just link 'em here so they don't take up so much screen real estate in the thread.