The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,006,931 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 08-18-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
dude8383

Default Anyone looking to get into an E30 318is?

1991 318is
214,xxx miles on the clock

Just a feeler..

Pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1212140...7600056801065/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1212140...7594581010349/

It has quarter panel damage, but not major. The pictures show this.

I may or may not have this fixed before I decide to sell the car.

Here's the real nitty gritty.

Rust

There's a bit developing by the rear valance, under the battery...it looks like it can be patched up pretty easily.

The door. I have a replacement that I picked up not too long ago that’s a different shade of red (My intentions were to get the car fully

repainted and fixed of course). The rust is only on the actual door, there are no leaks! What else...there’s surface rust developing by the

kidney grill...looks like you can just get some sand paper on that and repaint.

Interior

The interior used to completely tan cloth, as you can see in the pics, that has all changed. They came out of an 88 325ix. They were

originally cracked up and dry, but more importantly they had no tears. I bought a leatherique kit to bring the seats back to new. You'll

notice that they do indeed look new, and they will look just as good in person!

I have also converted the standard (worthless) 6-button OBC to the 13-button OBC found on 325is'. I had to buy the European coding plug in

order to make this work... Its quite cool. Oh and you won't have to replace the bulb either, I've replaced it to a nice red LED bulb.

I will also be including a Compustar Alarm..the model is 2WSS-AS. It was one of the best things I bought for this car! Wiring it up was a

nightmare, so I've spared you the trouble!

Audio

I will be removing my audio system before I sell the car because I spent a lot of time and effort setting it up.

I have dynamated the whole floorboard along with the area where the rear seats are. I did this when I was swapping the old tan interior out

for the black.

Mechanically

Very strong motor!

I recently bought a MarkD chip and installed a lightened E30 323i flywheel.

Maintenance wise, I've just been keeping up with oil changes every 3000 miles and the gear oil. This car has been a really great daily driver!

I haven’t had any issues with the motor. I have a folder full of service records coming from the p/o and a whole stack from me.

I'm going to be honest… the motor may need some work later on, but definitely not any time soon. If anything it’s probably going to need new

guides for the timing chain. I have a motor sitting in my garage with 140k that I can give you for spare ****. The motor is almost

complete...I have the head minus cams (which I would imagine you can source from the motor that’s already in the car) and the block with an

m44 crank. I have a lot more stuff, too much to name! Ask!

My initial plan was to build a stroker.

M44 crank, stock M42 rods, plus S50 pistons...a 2.0 with all of those things added up. I have quite a bit of stuff lying around to do a full

rebuild! Due to people believing (previously) that these parts are included with the sale, I want to make it clear that I spent a decent

amount on the parts. The spare parts ARE NOT included in the sale of the car. If you would like to purchase the spare items, then that

would have to be added to the overall purchase price.

The motor (as well as the chassis) have 214,xxx miles on it now and she's still kicking!

Also, the standard coil packs have been converted to Coil On Plugs. The car runs nice and smooth.

Some info:

http://bmw.e30tuner.com/my318is_pic_copcon2.php

Suspension

I installed Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks all around w/ H&R O.E. Sports Springs shortly after purchasing the car…

I have replaced every bushing except for the sway bar end links (front and rear). The control arms including the lollipops (poly), subframe

bushings, and trailing arm bushings (poly) have all been replaced in the past 2k miles.

Also she has PVC coated stainless steel DOT approved brake lines. Brake rotors (brembo blanks) and pads (axxis ultimates) have been replaced

as well.

Forgot to mention!I have installed a 1998 E36 M3 rack on this car! The difference between this rack and the standard E30 rack is night and day!!

Wheels

I will NOT be including the wheels in the sale. I will be including the 14 inch wheels seen on the flickr link.

HOWEVER, for an additional $750 I'll include the wheels with nearly brand new 205/55 16 Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-03's!

I know I've overlooked some stuff, but I have my receipts to refer to for exact info, so feel free to ask as many questions as you’d like!

I'm thinking $3,500.

Thanks,

Denis
d.oreshkin@gmail.com
Old 08-19-2007, 04:40 AM   #2
96cali

Nice looking e30! I am wondering what effect dynamatting the floor had beyond eliminating vibration from a sub. Did it also reduce road noise or make it sound dramatically quieter, more solid, etc? How much weight did this add? I have thought about doing this to my Ti and I appreciate any observations you have to offer on reducing road noise (beyond quiet tires and a higher geared diff).

Good luck with the sale!

Old 08-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
dude8383

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96cali View Post
Nice looking e30! I am wondering what effect dynamatting the floor had beyond eliminating vibration from a sub. Did it also reduce road noise or make it sound dramatically quieter, more solid, etc? How much weight did this add? I have thought about doing this to my Ti and I appreciate any observations you have to offer on reducing road noise (beyond quiet tires and a higher geared diff).

Good luck with the sale!
PM'ed
Old 08-31-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
dude8383

bump up!
Closed Thread