318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > Great Lakes - US

Notices

Great Lakes - US General discussion and questions in IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 987,069 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-24-2005, 06:08 AM   #1
myblueTI

Default Mn

Does anybody live in Mn ?
myblueTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:56 AM   #2
CirrusSR22

Me! Bloomington
CirrusSR22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
nick_hegel

Me too! Prior Lake
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...urowerksig.jpg
nick_hegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:37 AM   #4
nick_hegel

Bump. Come on Minnesota TI's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Represent
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
Old 05-13-2005, 01:24 AM   #5
myblueTI

Is there anybody trying to organize a drive or a meeting for MN Ti drivers?
Old 05-13-2005, 01:28 AM   #6
myblueTI

Default exhaust

by the way nick do you like your supersprint exhaust because i ordered mine a couple weeks ago and it is on back order and its really pissing me off!!
Old 05-13-2005, 03:10 AM   #7
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblueTI
Is there anybody trying to organize a drive or a meeting for MN Ti drivers?
Well so far it seems there are only three of us MN ti's. So it I think it would be easy to organize one!!! lmao And oh hell yeah I love my exhaust!!!! I will never use anything other than Supersprint.I wanted to get headers but I've only seen prices for like $800 plus. Where did you order from? I hate when companies say stuff is on backorder. My sis got me a present back in Feb and still hasn't got sh*t cuz its on "backorder".
Old 05-14-2005, 05:26 AM   #8
myblueTI

I got my exhaust from leatherz.com i am really curious to se what it sounds like only because my car is an automatic. Do you think it will sound any worse with the auto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_hegel
Well so far it seems there are only three of us MN ti's. So it I think it would be easy to organize one!!! lmao And oh hell yeah I love my exhaust!!!! I will never use anything other than Supersprint.I wanted to get headers but I've only seen prices for like $800 plus. Where did you order from? I hate when companies say stuff is on backorder. My sis got me a present back in Feb and still hasn't got sh*t cuz its on "backorder".
Old 05-15-2005, 12:47 AM   #9
nick_hegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblueTI
I got my exhaust from leatherz.com i am really curious to se what it sounds like only because my car is an automatic. Do you think it will sound any worse with the auto?

I can't say for sure , but now that I thought about that it might make a difference in the sound. I never really noticed a difference until I hit higher rpms in the car. By the way do you have any pics of your car? I was just wondering which blue it is. Are you on mnsportcompacts.net at all? check it out if you aren't!!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:52 AM   #10
nick_hegel

MMMMM purty wheels on it. What engine is in it, 2.5 inline 6? Are you getting rid of your ti??
Old 06-06-2005, 02:01 AM   #11
myblueTI

ya its a 323is but it has the inline 6 2.5 so its pretty quick. I dont know i am looking to get an e36 coupe but i still kinda a want a ti. Its just that i want(not need) more power in my ti. I think it would be more worth it to buy a new bimmer than put that much into the Ti what do you think?
Old 06-06-2005, 02:20 AM   #12
nick_hegel

lmao, i just realized I think we are the only two posting on this thread!!!!Honestly, I think I would rather have the TI with a swap. Theres something about having the unique body with the engine. Best of both worlds!!! I would think if you take your time and shop around, you could end up finding a good deal on the parts. And I know an awesome mechanic out in Maple Lake that does like a flat rate of $50 an hour. He does all the work on my car and I can completely trust him. I'm thinking of doing a swap once I pay off this car and buy a new one. I want to strip the ti I have now and run an s50/s52 motor, but right now it's just a wet dream
Old 06-06-2005, 02:31 AM   #13
myblueTI

i dont know if i want to pay the money for the swap though i hear it is just as powerfull with the dasc so i think i might look into that i alittle more but i am still looking at a swap so. But i hear there is a turbo out there for it and it really hauls balls so i might have to check into that. I just want the cheapest way to keep up with a stock m3. Plus my Ti is an auto so i i want to swap the tranny but a couple of mechanics that i have talked to say that a s/c is better with an auto and a turbo is better with the manual so i have lots to consider but it is still what you call a "wet dream"
Old 06-06-2005, 03:37 AM   #14
myblueTI

the 323 has 18" wheels, lowered it 2 inches, exhaust, k&n intake filter, sub and amp, dynomatted trunk for the subs, tinted windows, sirus radio, harmon Kardon sound system, aftermarket alram system and its going for about 13 thousand. I think its a pretty good deal but allot of people are telling me for 13 you can get a m3 but the insurance would rape me because im under 18 so thats not an option. thats why i want to be able to keep up with a m3 but i dont know i really like the look of the e36 coupe allot. Allot to be done too since it has the 2.5 in it too
Old 06-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #15
nick_hegel

Yup insurance sucks!!! Thats part of the reason I have my ti. I don't think 13k is horrible for it. Car already has good additions to it and still has plenty of potential!!